Can a urine test tell if you smoke a cigarette
Yes! There are urine tests that test for nicotine. They test for cotinine, which will be in your urine for up to 4 days after use. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-a-urine-test-tell-if-you-smoke-a-cigarette ]
More Answers to "Can a urine test tell if you smoke a cigarette"
- How long can you tell by a urine test that someone smokes or used...?
- It depends on the sensitivity of the test (along with a number of other variables). Cotinine has a half-life of about a day, so assuming no additional exposure then your urine will contain half as much cotinine for every day that goes by. A...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long can you tell by a urine test that someone smokes or used to smokes cigarettes?
- Q: How long after your last cigarette will your urine test negative for nicotine or cotinine? My research came up with times between 2 days to 3 months. Can anyone narrow that down for me???? Much thanks
- A: It depends on the sensitivity of the test (along with a number of other variables). Cotinine has a half-life of about a day, so assuming no additional exposure then your urine will contain half as much cotinine for every day that goes by.A couple of things to watch out for, if you are using nicotine replacement (i.e. patches or gum) then the nicotine (and hence the cotinine that the liver breaks it down into) from them is indistinguishable from the nicotine and cotinine from the cigarettes that you haven't been smoking. Also, nicotine isn't just found in tobacco, probably best to avoid eating eggplant, tomatoes and potatoes as well, if you want to get your cotinine levels right down
- child urine test for cigarette smoke.?
- Q: I am in a custody battle. My daughter will be 2 next month. We went to court once in July and we go back in Decemeber and he gets her for 9 days straight, he takes her 5 hours away from here out in the middle of nowhere and then from there I never hear anything about her they don't answer their phones etc. The first few times they took her when she was returned she was covered in mosquito bites she had scrapes and bruises, she was filthy and REEKED of cigarette smoke. I asked his mom, since his wife won't let her father speak to me, if they smoke around her. All 4 people that live there smoke. Heavily. She said no they smoke outside. Yet everytime, whenever she comes back home the whole apartment starts smelling like an ashtray. I have to give her a bath immediately. The last time she went his mother called me and told me she had to take my daughter to the E.R. for an ear infection, sore throat, and a high fever. She did very well at the hospital her temp went down and everything...Then as soon as they broguht her back to their home they called me again a few hours later and told me they had to take her back because her fever shot back up. His mom was a CNA for YEARS and couldn't manage to keep a fever down? I don't have money for a lawyer, in fact the judge I had was an asshole. They lied about everything the last time we went and made me seem like a girl who got pregnant on purpose and then took off and showed up almost 2 years later wanting child support. This was FAR FAR FAR from what happened but the judge didn't even want to let me speak. Honestly I would rather my daughter not have to be exposed to their lifestlye, or from what I can see how they treat her, than to have a lousy 100 bucks a month. I have witnesses that they have already went against the court order and NOW THIS. I just want to know if there is any way I can prove they smoke around her. If they can take urine samples or something.
- A: sounds to me like you should be worrying about more than just them smoking around her if she is coming home covered in scrapes and bruises and insect bites. you need to contact your lawyer and see if this whole visitation thing can be stopped or have a chaperond visit. and by that I mean a chaperone that YOU approve of. they will still have to pay child support or whatever your financial agreement is, but no judge is going to let a kid go back to being in such a chancy situation, one that could possibly prove abusive to your childcall legal aid or children and family services
- During a doctor physical, can they tell if you smoke cigarettes?
- Q: I barely smoke cigarettes, I'm 20 and have only been doing it for a month or 2 mildly. Will a doctor be able to tell if I smoke from a urine test or anything like that?
- A: It doesn't take a doctor, or a urine test. Anyone who is in the same room with you can tell that you smoke.
Prev Question: Is alchohol drug
People also view