Why shouldn't you eat more than one banana a day
There should be no problem with eating a couple bananas a day UNLESS you have heart disease/take medication for heart problems or have potassium imbalance (too much) because too much potassium (as found in bananas) can cause stroke in these patients. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-shouldn%27t-you-eat-more-than-one-banana-a-day ]
More Answers to "Why shouldn't you eat more than one banana a day"
- Why shouldn't you eat more than one banana a day
- There should be no problem with eating a couple bananas a day UNLESS you have heart disease/take medication for heart problems or have potassium imbalance (too much) because too much potassium (as found in bananas) can cause stroke in these...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Who Is Your God?
- Q: Who Is Your God?Most people are outraged upon hearing this question. "What do you mean, `Who is your god?' they ask, `My god is the Creator of the heavens and the earth.' " And most of these people will be shocked to find out that their proclamation that their god is the Creator of the heavens and the earth is no more than lip service, and that they are in fact destined for Hell (12:106).Your god is whoever or whatever occupies your mind most of the time. Your god can be your children (7:190), your spouse (9:24), your business (18:35), or your ego (25:43). This is why we note that one of the most important and most repeated commandments in the Quran is:"O you who believe, you shall remember God frequently; glorify Him day and night." [33:41] To put this commandment into practice, we must establish certain habits whereby we guarantee that God occupies our minds more than anything else. The Quran helps us establish such soul saving habits:1. The Contact Prayers (Salat): those who observe the 5 daily prayers come a long way towards commemorating God a significant proportion of their waking hours. Salat helps us remember God not only during the few minutes of prayer, but also throughout the times of anticipation. At 11:00 AM, one may look at his or her watch to see if the noon prayer is due yet. This act causes one to think about God, and one is credited accordingly (20:14).2. Commemorate God before eating: Verse 6:121 enjoins us to mention God's name before we eat: "You shall not eat from that upon which God's name has not been mentioned."3. God Willing (IN SHAA ALLAH): "You shall not say, `I will do this or that tomorrow,' without saying, `God willing' (IN SHAA ALLAH). If you forget to do this, then apologize and say, `May my Lord guide me to do better next time.'" [18:24]. This is a direct commandment that we must carry out, no matter who we are talking with.4. God's Gift (MAA SHAA ALLAH): To invoke God's protection for our beloved objects - our children, our cars, our homes, etc. - we are enjoined in 18:39 to say "MAA SHAA ALLAH" (This is God's gift).5. Glorify God day and night: When we eat anything, we shouldn't be like animals; we must reflect on God's creation of the food we are eating - the flavor, our enjoyment due to the senses God has given us, the perfect packaging of the banana or the orange, the varieties of sea foods created by God, etc. - and glorify Him as we enjoy His provisions. When we see a beautiful flower, or animal, or sunsets, we must glorify God. We must seize every possible opportunity to remember and glorify God, so that God may be our God.6. First Utterance: Make it a habit to say: "In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. There is no other god besides God," the moment you wake up every morning. If you establish this good habit, this is what you will utter when you are resurrected.http://www.masjidtucson.org/God/
- A: Dear AllMy God is the one and Only One.There are No Partners to Him.He Begets Not. Nor He is Begotten.He is the Creator of Whole Universe.He is It's Sustainer Too.He is the Most BeneficentAnd Most MercifulHe shaped me in my mother's womb.So unique that no one looks like me.He Induced Love in my Parents.So they overlook their interest.To take care of Me.Gave me the health and strength.Gave me the senses and healthy limbs.Gave me reasoning power and wisdom.He Induces Sleep for my comfort.He Induces Hunger. He induces satisfaction.He makes me sick.He makes me healthy.He gives me contentment.He makes me uneasy.Gave me the Skills to earn my bread.Created Mercy in me for the sake of others.Created Love towards my Parents.Towards my family, towards Kith & Kin. Towards the Humanity.Towards All Living beings.He makes me a powerful youth.Still, when I loose my hopes.I loook towards Him for help.He Helps me whenever needed.Only if it benefits me.He is Free from Any Needs From Any of his creatures.StillI thank Him every day, butI cannot fulfill this obligation.No one can fulfill this obligation. No one can describe him fully.Even if all the stalks of the plants Are pens and the oceans are ink. He takes away my parents.He makes me old and weak.He makes me so oldTo seek help of others.Finally He calls me back to Him.I shall meet my Parents there.I shall See My Lord too there.Glory Be to My Lord AlmightyMay Allah Bless Whole of the Humanity To have a Prevailing Peace. Ameen.
- Is this the proper size of Government?
- Q: The Proper Size of GovernmentAllow me to present a maxim you probably already know:Liberals and conservatives disagree on the proper size of government.Now, most people are probably inclined to agree with this, but it makes a very dangerous assumption -- specifically, that government can ever be big enough for liberals.When you debate the role of government with a liberal, it can be a lot like ordering lunch with a very hungry friend after you've agreed to split the check. He's going to order a lot more than you, and he's going to demand that you pay your "fair share." This is probably an adequate way of rationalizing it if you need to explain why you shouldn't split checks with friends, or why it's important to you that your friend order from the lunch menu and skip the Bananas Foster.But, strategically-speaking, this approach never addresses the real problem: your friend's eating disorder.Try this exercise: Set the way-back machine to 1975, and imagine offering the liberals a truce. Tell them you'll draw the line at $3 Trillion in 2009 dollars if they'll agree to draw the line there. (And don't worry, even after adjusting for inflation that's still bigger than the libs' wildest dreams.)My point is that we already have liberals' dream government. Just a couple of days ago, the President boasted of trying to reduce government by $100,000,000, which turned out to be less than .003% (.0000286) of the budget. I heard someone describe it as equivalent to cutting back a household budget by one cup of coffee per year. It's not that the cut was so small, but just how large the government is that it can so dwarf a hundred million dollars.Recessions are all the more noteworthy because they are uncommon. The fact is that, over time, our economy grows consistently. And despite liberal complaints about tax cuts, federal revenue has hovered pretty steadily at around 22-23% of the GDP, IIRC. Since the government can be measured as a fixed percentage of a growing economy, there's already no limit to how big it will get. And still, this is not enough for the libs.Naturally, this leads to the next question: Then just how big is a big enough percentage for the libs? What percentage of the economy should the government be to be "correctly" sized?And if you ask that question, you're still not getting it: Such common sense does not apply here -- we're talking about a mental disorder. There is no satisfactory percentage for libs. Government does not get any fixed percentage of the economy; it cannot be limited. They want it all.What the liberals ultimately seek is an economic hierarchy where nobody is poor, where incentives are preserved just enough to make producers want to work harder, and where all growth is funneled into raising an arbitrary poverty line that nobody sinks below. It's a perpetual motion machine; something of a big, growing snake swallowing itself by the tail just slowly enough that it never digests one of its own vital organs. It's not a dream -- it's a fantasy.Fortunately for us, the Constitution is a little more rational than liberals. You can argue about the correct scope of government, but the Constitution is unambiguous about limiting the government to that scope, holding the government to its constitutional boundaries.We need to step back. I don't want to just hold off the libs' expansion of government, and settle for this ever-expanding fixed-percentage Republican expansion of government. That's based on one of their premises, and we need to reject it instead of hiding behind it. Government's not just too big as it is, it's already got too much momentum for our freedom to endure.I want someone to put a rope around what government should be doing, and get a cost estimate for that. And then I want a budget that pays for that government -- whatever it costs, not as some percentage of whatever we make.And when the libs refuse to even draw that line, I don't want to hear their excuses, and I sure as hell don't want to hear any apologies from our side! Liberals' problem is not that there isn't enough government, it's that there's no such thing as enough government for liberals. That's a disease, and what I want -- what's needed -- is intervention. Somebody's got to save the damned Golden Goose.http://www.whoisjohngalt.com/2009/04/the-proper-size-of-government.html
- A: I'll go for smaller government,*
Prev Question: Is Pica a disease
People also view