What type of protists cause malaria
The genus/protists Plasmodium causes malaria. Malaria has caused more human deaths than any other infectious disease.-ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-type-of-protists-cause-malaria ]
More Answers to "What type of protists cause malaria"
- What type of protists cause malaria
- The genus/protists Plasmodium causes malaria. Malaria has caused more human deaths than any other infectious disease.-ChaCha!
- What is the type of parasite that causes malaria?
- Malaria is caused by protozoan parasites. In particular there are 4 protozoan species that can cause malaria in humans: the most serious forms of the disease are caused by Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax , but Plasmodium ovale an...
- What is the name of the parasite that cause malaria?
- Plasmodium falciparum. Plasmodium vivax, Plasmodium ovale and Plasmodium malariae
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- SCIENCE QUIZ- HELP! AND RECIEVE 10 POINTS!?
- Q: Yes, i should do this myself, but ive been sick and i have a Bazillion other assignments to work on so please help ?! any number would do.1. Which of the following organisms most likely belong to the same species? A. People at a football game B. Bacteria inside a person’s body C. Birds in a forest D. Organisms in a pond 2. All of the following are ecosystems EXCEPT A. A vacant lot B. An oak forest C. A coral reef D. A utility pole 3. Which of the following best describes soil and temperature in an ecosystem? A. They are abiotic factors. B. They are biotic factors. C. They are unnecessary factors. D. They are selection factors. 4. Which of the following best describes a population? A. Members of the same species living in the same place at the same time B. All of the red birds in an area C. All types of organisms living in the same place D. All members of the same species 5. All of the following are biotic factors in an ecosystem EXCEPT A. Roots B. Insects C. Leaves D. Air 6. The living and once living parts of an ecosystem, including all the plants and animals, are __________ factors in the ecosystem. A. abiotic B. biotic C. natural D. habitual 7. All of the raccoons in a forest in Wisconsin are members of the same A. community. B. population. C. family group. D. herd. 8. Which of the following pairs of organisms belong to the same population? A. A dog and a cat B. A tulip and a geranium C. A human mother and her child D. A spider and a cockroach 9. All of the following statements about an organism’s habitat are true EXCEPT A. Most organisms can survive if they are taken away from their habitat. B. An organism’s habitat is the place where it lives. C. A habitat has specific characteristics that an organism needs in order to live there. D. A habitat contains biotic and abiotic factors. 10. For evolution to occur in a population, individuals with a trait that is naturally selected must A. live a long time. B. leave the area. C. reproduce. D. coevolve. 11. When humans breed corn with specific characteristics, what type of evolution is being promoted? A. Natural selection B. Artificial selection C. Adaptation D. Resistance 12. If the genetic characteristics of a population of deer change, what has occurred? A. Evolution B. Reproduction C. Resistance D. Coexistence 13. What type of evolution has likely occurred if insects eating a farmer’s crops are not killed by insecticides? A. Natural selection B. Artificial selection C. Coevolution D. Resistance 14. Which of the following statements is true? A. Organisms can adapt to their physical surroundings. B. Organisms cannot adapt to other organisms. C. Organisms can adapt to selective breeding. D. Organisms are resistant to adaptation. 15. The process of two species changing genetically in response to long-term interactions with each other is A. artificial selection. B. coevolution. C. selective breeding. D. resistance. 16. An organism is resistant to a chemical if it A. has a gene that protects it from the chemical. B. has been exposed to a small amount of the chemical over time. C. was not in the area where the chemical was applied. D. did not eat anything with the chemical on it. 17. Darwin proposed that __________ is the mechanism for evolution. A. natural selection B. artificial selection C. resistance D. adaptation 18. The single-celled organisms that cause malaria belong to which kingdom? A. Animal B. Protist C. Fungus D. Plant 19. A gymnosperm is A. an animal. B. a protist. C. a fungus. D. a plant. 20. All of the following protists are types of algae that use energy from the sun to make food EXCEPT A. Seaweed B. Phytoplankton C. Giant kelp D. Moss 21. Yeasts that make bread rise belong to which kingdom? A. Fungi B. Eubacteria C. Plant D. Protist 22. Which two kingdoms contain organisms that can use energy from the sun to make food? A. Protists and plants B. Eubacteria and plants C. Fungi and protists D. Plants and animals 23. Unlike other organisms, __________ do not have cell nuclei. A. plants B. protists C. fungi D. bacteria 24. Which of the following characteristics is usually shared by bacteria, fungi, and plants? A. They usually have cell walls. B. They have cell nuclei. C. They are single celled. D. They have the ability to make their own food. 25. Pine trees and other conifers are classified as __________ because they are woody plants, the seeds of which are not enclosed in fruits. A. angiosperms B. gymnosperms C. invertebrates D. vertebrates
- A: 8. C9. A17. A20. B21. A24. DThat's all I know
- i need some help with my bio?
- Q: 1. Which of the following statements is not true about protists?A. Most protists live in aqueous conditions.B. All protists are prokaryotes.C. All protists require aerobic cellular respiration.D. Most protists are unicellular.2. What process is associated with phagocytosis?A. sexual reproductionB. locomotionC. feedingD. photosynthesis3. Read the statements below, then select the correct answer.Statement #1: African sleeping sickness is caused by a trypanosome, a type of flagellate.Statement #2: Red tides are caused by dinoflagellates, a type of algae.Statement #3: Potato blight is caused by an oomycete, or water mold.Statement #4: Malaria is caused by plasmodium, a sporozoan.A. All of the above statements are true.B. None of the above statements are true.C. Statements #1 and #2 are correct, but statements #3 and #4 are incorrect.D. Statements #3 and #4 are correct, but statements #1 and #2 are incorrect.4. Which of the following statements is true about algae?A. Algae reproduce through seeds.B. Algae do not have true roots, leaves, or other differentiated formations.C. Only some algae contain chlorophyll for photosynthesis.D. All of the above statements are true.
- A: 1 D. Most protists are unicellular2 C. feeding3 A. All of the above statements are true.4 D. All of the above statements are true.
- Biology help some help....plzzzzzz my work is due today?
- Q: Which of the following organelles helps bacteria to move around? Cell wall Golgi bodies Flagella _______________ is a type of asexual reproduction in bacteria, where one bacteria replicates its genetic material and divides. Conjugation Binary fission Amplexus _______________ is a type of sexual reproduction in bacteria, where genetic material is exchanged between two bacteria. Conjugation Binary fission Amplexus A(n) _____________ is a hard outer covering that can protect the bacteria from drying out, heat (even boiling water), and even harsh chemicals. Exoskeleton Endospore Shell Which of the following is the process where bacteria convert Nitrogen gas from the atmosphere into a usable form for plants? Nitration Nitrogen fixation Ammonium converter Protista negatively impact humans by causing diseases such as malaria. True False Organisms in the fungus kingdom are autotrophs. True False Bacteria are _________________ and _________________. multicellular, prokaryotes unicellular, prokaryotes multicellular, eukaryotes unicellular, eukaryotes Question 12 (Multiple Choice Worth 5 points) What factors may have had an impact on the growth of the yeast? Sugar Temperature Both a and b ________________ are bacteria that live in extreme conditions like volcano vents. Archaebacteria Eubacteria Protists None of the above All organisms in the Protist Kingdom have _______________ type of cells. Prokaryote Eukaryote Single
- A: 1. flagella2.binary fission3.conjugation4.endospore5.nitrogen fixation6.true7.false8.unicellular, prokaryotes(have cell walls)12. both a and b13archeobacteria14single
Prev Question: What could cause pain behind the left eye
People also view