What makes body parts swell
Common causes: Too much salt, sunburn, poor nutrition, pregnancy, drugs, kidney, thyroid or heart disease, too much standing... [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-makes-body-parts-swell ]
More Answers to "What makes body parts swell"
- How can u make a swollen body part back to its original state??
- You have one great bone bruise. My concern; any neuro symptoms, eyesight, hearing, dizziness? Icing is the best way to keep swelling down.
- Is it possible for your mind to make a part of your body swell??
- no its not possible. but there are exceptions, like boners. like, you get aroused and your mind sends messages to your "parts" and they get bigger. but that could never happen based on an obsetion. like for your example of the nos...
- What parts on your body swell during pregnancy
- Edema is the medical term for swelling during pregnancy and swelling can take place on feet,ankles,legs,hands and fingers.ChaCha!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why does different parts of my body swell up?
- Q: Why does different parts of my body swell up?I am 16 years old female, and for almost a year now, I have been having swelling in different body parts. My ears, hands, arms, butt, feet, lips. This happens mostly in my feet and hands. The swelling happens anywhere between more than a few times a day to two months. I can sometimes feel my body parts swelling up, it can be itchy and very uncomfortable, sometimes making it hard to walk or write. It may swell from the size of a pea to covering the whole body part and making it very noticeable.I have been to a doctor but they didn't give me much information. The believed that i was allergic to a certain food, but i doubt it since I stick to the same diet. The blood test also came back normal. Can someone please help me understand what is going on? Thanks.
- A: i don't know but try a different doctor or a dermatologist. sorry this happening to you.
- What kind of disease is the one that affect somebodys mouth, that makes some parts of the mouth swell ups?
- Q: These swolen parts later brake up and become painful sores. atb times brushing the mouth becomes very painful. There are also some odf these scattered allover the body too. It could last for between 2 or 3 weeks before it finally heal up.This occurs again after some time, say average of 6 months.
- A: This sounds like Chron's disease.
- Why do we ice injuries / what's wrong with swelling?
- Q: Whenever you get a nasty bruise, twist or sprain a muscle, we get told to put ice on it, to reduce the swelling.But if the body makes injuries swell up as part of the healing process, the swelling should be beneficial, to help the injury heal.If so why do we try to surpress it?
- A: Swelling is not part of the healing process -- the swelling is what causes pain, which is what alerts you that you are hurt, and can help you stay off the injured part of your body until it heals properly. The swelling goes down once you're better. Because we live the way we do, we have no need to be alerted of our injuries (ie be in pain) because we have casts and x-rays, and all that stuff. The ice reduces inflammation and, therefore, reduces pain -- and we have our doctors to tell us when we're better!
Prev Question: How often is it healthy to poop
People also view