What is thickening of the walls of the heart called
Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) is a complex type of heart disease known as thickening of the walls and muscles of the heart. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-thickening-of-the-walls-of-the-heart-called ]
More Answers to "What is thickening of the walls of the heart called"
- What is thickening of the heart walls?
- It's called ventircular hypertrophy, a condition that results when the heart is forced to pump out larger amounts of blood than normal in conditions such as hypertension. It works almost in the same way that a skeletal muscle works: muscles...
- What is the medical term for thickening of ventricle (left and ri...?
- Sorry to read about your cardiac status, anyway GOD is great, pray to HIM. The condition is known as BILATERAL VENTRICULAR HYPERTROPHY. Live happily is all I can advise you.
- Can a thickened wall in the heart be reduced in size??
- The thickening of the left ventricle in high blood pressure is known as left ventricular hypertrophy. Hypertrophy is known to regress (decrease) with good sustained control of blood pressure. In fact regression is a good sign.
Prev Question: What is the longest word ever made in english
People also view