What does the word stupor mean
Stupor is suspension or great diminution of sensibility, as in disease or as caused by narcotics, intoxicants, etc. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-the-word-stupor-mean ]
More Answers to "What does the word stupor mean"
- What does the word stupor mean?
- Stupor is a common condition which presents itself in response to or during emergency medical services. It is defined as a clinical syndrome of akinesis and mutism but with relative preservation of conscious awareness. Stupor is not the sam...
- What does stupor mean?
- 1. the feeling of distress and disbelief that you have when something bad happens accidentally 2. marginal consciousness
- What is the definition of stupor?
- Suspension or great diminution of sensibility, as in disease or as caused by narcotics, intoxicants, etc.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what does the word stupor mean?
- Q: describe this word for me
- A: Stupor is a common condition which presents itself in response to or during emergency medical services. It is defined as a clinical syndrome of akinesis and mutism but with relative preservation of conscious awareness.Stupor is not the same thing as a coma or a vegetative state. For example, some people who become injured suddenly with a concussion or some other cognitive impairment resulting from injury enter a stupor, where they are partially aware of their surroundings, or they become unconscious until they are revived by themselves or by others.
- What does this word mean?
- Q: The word is stupor and what is the way it is used in this sentence (adj,noun,verb...)"Gradually weariness grew upon me; a numbess, an occasional stupor, fell upon my mind,..."Thanks!
- A: Stupor means a state of near-unconsciousness or insensibility.The word is used as a noun.
- what does she mean when she says i dont care?
- Q: So i go to school with this girl and recently we have begun to chat more via facebook and i got her number.After a night of partying i texted her in a drunken stupor., and she texted back. We then proceded to chat for over two hours and she seemed interested in my well being and found the fact i was hungover cute or in her words after she found out "Aweee" so i asked how she'd feel if i called her and she said "i dont care :)" and "i said well i hope it would make you happy" to which she replied ":)" So do you think she wants me to call and should i call? Sorry for the really long description
- A: I would if I were you! She's dealt with you hungover and still likes you!
Prev Question: How do doctors test you for std's
People also view