What could cause a swollen hand
Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, or degenerative joint disease, Edema - fluid retention, Allergies,PMS, Pregnancy...More? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-could-cause-a-swollen-hand ]
More Answers to "What could cause a swollen hand"
- What Causes Swollen Hands and Feet?
- Swollen hands and feet can have a variety of causes. The most common type of swelling is called idiopathic edema. Idiopathic edema is poorly understood, but it is not dangerous. Sometimes it is possible to pinpoint the cause, but often it i...
- What is the cause of my swollen hand?
- Holding your arm in the air and letting gravity do its job will help the swelling go down more quickly. You can also try icing it. The hand should be better by morning. If not, seek medical intervention - better safe than sorry.
- Is it possible that a strep infection could cause swollen hand an...?
- For three weeks I have had this pain in my right hand. I am right handed. The pain is in the ring finger and the middle finger. the whole hand is swollen and it just plain hurts. weeks have gone by and its not getting better, its getting wo...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Woke up in the morning with one swollen hand, what could have caused this?
- Q: I did eat some sunflower seeds the night before. Could this be the reason why my hand is swollen? It hurts when trying to put it in a fist. Could it be the salt? This is the first time this has happened. I have eaten sunflower seeds before but never come across a swollen hand in the morning.
- A: An allergic reaction is plausible but I don't know about the sunflowers. Normally if it does that to your hand it will also make your throat swell. Is it possible you touched something with another potent allergen on it? My cat used to go out and roll around in poison ivy and then come back and beg to be petted. Fun times.EDIT: Robot, that's not a roundhouse kick. That's what happens when Chuck Norris stares at any part of your body for more than a tenth of a second.
- What could cause swelling of the hands, feet, and face?
- Q: Hi, I woke up today and felt a little dizzy and that went away, but after it did I felt like my lips were going to explode and noticed that my face was swollen- as were my hands and feet. I'm not pregnant and I don't think it's an allergic reaction as I haven't changed anything in my life (food, makeup, detergent) recently. I took a diuretic today hoping that I could void the excess fluid, but that hasn't worked. I know I should go to a doctor, but tomorrow is Friday and I have to work all day. Any suggestions as to what to do or what is causing this would be appreciated. Thank you.I also have a temperature of 101.4
- A: You should see a doctor ASAP.I've had problems with swelling of the hands and feet (though not face) and dizziness, and found out quite by accident that they were symptoms of a heart condition that I had developed. I was 27 years old at the time, so my heart causing me trouble was the last thing I would have suspected.I'm not suggesting that it might be your heart, but that it could be something you haven't considered. It's not worth taking any risk - take some time out to see a doctor, so that an expert can check out every possibility.
- What could be the cause of swelling in my hand and lower arm?
- Q: Approximately 1 year ago, my hand and lower arm swelled. There is no associated pain, just the discomfort of being swollen. No injury to the hand or arm. Have had x-rays, CAT scan, MRI, a doppler study, and various blood tests. No one has determined the cause.No itchiness or numbness. I've been told it is not lupus, arthritis or gout.
- A: get tested for arthritis. it's usually accompanied by pain but there's a first for everything and people have different symtoms. also have they checked you for diabetes or thyroids. that's all of my ideas as to what could be causing the swelling and discomfort. this is how it started w/ me the swelling in my legs. i was diagnosed with arthri last summer. arthritis
Prev Question: Is it healthy to eat green tea leaves
People also view