Is Hep C a terminal disease
Hepatitis C is not always a terminal disease. Less than half of all people with Hepatitis C will develop severe liver disease. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-hep-c-a-terminal-disease ]
More Answers to "Is Hep C a terminal disease"
- Is Hep C a terminal disease
- Hepatitis C is not always a terminal disease. Less than half of all people with Hepatitis C will develop severe liver disease.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can you get life insurance after you've been diagnosed with a terminal disease?
- Q: My mother-in-law is 64, and has been diagnosed with Hep C. Doctors told her it was "dormant" right now, but she's just convinced that she's going to die. She wants me to help her get a life insurance policy. I've been told that it's impossible to get life insurance after you've been diagnosed with a terminal disease. I need some advise on where to start. Thanks!
- A: Well, yes, you can.Globe Life, and Mutual of Omaha, will both give her a "guaranteed issue" policy, with no medical exams - everyone qualifies. There are a couple of catches, of course. First, the most coverage you can buy is $10,000. Second, it's REALLY REALLY expensive, like maybe $75 a month. Third, you have to live - and pay in - at least two years, before dying, or the policy doesn't have to pay out. That means, she's betting she'll die at least two, but not more than five, years from now. After five years, the policy would have cost her more than she's paying into it.So. She needs to get an estimate from her doctor, how long she has left, and THEN she needs to do some serious estate planning. Keep in mind, debts are NOT inheritable - but assets also aren't inheritable, until all your debts are paid off. If she's looking for, say, $250,000 of coverage, and doesn't want to pay $275,000 up front for it (for tax evasion purposes), then she's not going to be able to buy life insurance. She's not going to get ODDS, now, besides that guaranteed policy.
Prev Question: What does it mean when a woman experiences sharp pains in her vaginal cavity
People also view