Is Emphysema a form of lung cancer
Emphysema is not lung cancer. It is a form of chronic (long-term) lung disease. People with emphysema have difficulty breathing from a limitation in blowing air out. There are multiple causes of emphysema, but smoking is by far the most common. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-emphysema-a-form-of-lung-cancer ]
More Answers to "Is Emphysema a form of lung cancer"
- Is emphysema lung cancer?
- As we age, especially if you are a smoker, the air sacs (alveoli) in the lung become extremely easy to inflate... but then don't deflate like they should. Normally, exhalation is a passive process. In people with emphysema, they have to put...
- Are there many difference between the symptoms for emphysema and ...?
- No definite differences. Clinically hard to separate. A chest CT would help to differentiate the two, but ask your doc, he/she may just start with a simple chest xray.
- What Is The Life Expectancy Of Stage 4 Lung Cancer With Emphysema...?
- It depends from case to case basis. Please see different people`s comments on cancer below to find out more: www.cancerforums.net
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why do almost all people wait until they get a serious medical problem to then start living healthy?
- Q: Hi everybody! Why do almost all people wait until they get a serious medical problem to start living healthy? I'll give you some examples of what I mean in the form of questions. Why does a smoker start stopping to smoke after smoking for 50 years after they find out they got terminal lung cancer, such as emphysema? How come an alcoholic stops drinking after they kill somebody on the road while driving drunk? Why do sexually promiscuous people all of a sudden start living healthy after they get a terrible, incurable STD, like HIV/AIDS? Another example could be why do people deal begin to finally deal with their obesity and being overweight after the doctor tells them they now have heart disease or diabetes? People are weird and procrastinate by nature in my opinion. Any answers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
- A: Because then it really hits them. That they aren't above everything. That they aren't the exception. They realize that they were always at risk and thinking it would never happen to them is stupid. It's a shock to them. They then realize if they continue down their current path, their life will end...sooner than it would have. Granted, there are some people that, even after being informed of their condition, they do not change, but I believe it really puts things into perspective when they are diagnosed.
- can anyone help me with this human bio exam study guide it soo complicated?
- Q: 43. What does viral DNA direct a cell to do? 44. Describe the difference between active immunity and passive immunity 45.MATCHING _____ sponge-like organs located in the chest a. epiglottis _____ chamber where passages from the nose and b. trachea mouth come together c. bronchioles _____ muscular organ between the pharynx and the trachea d. bronchi _____ elastic tissue that forms a flap over the top of e. pharynx the larynx f. alveoli _____ main passageway to the lungs g. larynx _____ tubes that branch from the trachea h. lungs _____ small tubes that branch from the bronchi _____ tiny air sacs in the lings 46.IDENTIFY THE PARTS OF THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM BELOW: 47.According to the video series The Body Atlas (Breath of Life) why does cold weather cause a runny nose? 48.Describe how Boyle’s Law explains human breathing 49.Name two autoimmune diseases 50.Label the following microscopic slide of lung tissue under 40X power or so and than a draw what a diseased lung with either emphysema or lung cancer would look like. You must describe in words the difference between the two.51. If you breathe through a straw into water what do you create and why? 52. What is the Rh factor?53. Why do some veins not have valves?54. What is the name of the opening in the fetal heart and what purpose does it serve?55. What are the blood vessels that feed the heart muscle tissue Oxygen & nutrients? What would happen if one of these vessels became blocked? 56. Matching Pick one from the letters and match it to one of the numbered definitions.
- A: 43.Viral dna through an enzyme reverse transcriptase directs the host cell to produce more viruses44. active immunity : passive immunity ----------------------------------------------------------------------developed on exposure inborn immunity to pathogens permanent immunity may be temporary/perman (antitoxins) ent hegabdbronchiolesf48. our lungs work on negative pressure gradient.as the volume of thoracic cavity. increases pressure decraeses & atmospheric air enters in.this is based on boyles law.49 myasthenia gravis,rheumatoid arthritis52:a sort of antigen on surface of rbc54: foramen ovale55:coronary artery &veinif their vessels get blocked then myocardial infarction[heart attack] occurs
- Can you PLEASE help me with my homework?
- Q: PLEASE help me with my homework!Answers are multiple choice (:11. How is alcohol classified? a depressant a stimulant an opiate a narcotic12. Which of the following is an example of proper drug or medication use? taking more medication than prescribed taking over-the-counter drugs for a cold taking drugs at the wrong time of day stopping a prescribed medication too soon13. Which childhood disorder is most closely linked to environmental tobacco smoke? emphysema asthma heart attacks lung cancer14. Which of the following is a result of smoking during pregnancy? high infant birth weight enlarged head size decreased risk of infection increased risk of miscarriage15. What is the correct term that describes the use of inhalants as a drug in which the person's body slows down and causes the person to lose control of their behavior and emotions? injecting snorting huffing licking16. Which of the following terms describes what happens when a drug decreases the effect of another drug? antagonistic reaction synergistic reaction intravenous reaction hallucinogenic reaction17. Which of the following is a common sign of drug abuse? gettting good grades in school developing friendships that encourage healthy behavior good decision-making skills unexplained changes in behavior18. What is the name for stimulants that are made from everyday products and can keep a person awake for long periods of time, resulting in a lack of interest in usual activities, as well as a loss of appetite and a change in personality? methamphetamines cocaine heroin marijuana19. Which of the following is NOT a good strategy for preventing drug use and abuse? Form clear goals of what you would like to accomplish in the future. Take time to study the side effects of drugs on the body. Hang out with friends who are known to use drugs. Learn refusal skills and the ability to say no when feeling pressured.20. You are driving and notice the person ahead of you is weaving and swerving and straddling the lane marker. Such behavior indicates that the driver may be under the influence of which of the following drugs? alcohol analgesics antibiotics antiarrhythmics
- A: this is so easy. can you say, common sense?
Prev Question: What is the leading cause of death in Mexico
People also view