How was syphilis started
A new study has apparently found evidence that Christopher Columbus brought syphilis, a sexually transmitted disease (STD), from the New World to Europe. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-was-syphilis-started ]
More Answers to "How was syphilis started"
- How was syphilis started
- A new study has apparently found evidence that Christopher Columbus brought syphilis, a sexually transmitted disease (STD), from the New World to Europe.
- Who started Syphilis?
- It was brought back to Europe from the East, probably China.
- How did syphilis start?
- Syphilis has been around for thousands of years, and nobody knows exactly how it originated. Some scientists speculate it did not exist in the New World until the Europeans arrived in the 1490's.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Syphilis started in the caribbean?
- Q: I heard that Syphilis came from the caribbean. And it did not exist in europe till it was brought back from the "new world".Is that true?How did it get created in the caribbean?
- A: no, sorry indian protectors, but syphilis did not exist in europe intil the new world explorers brought it back. the american indians were riddled with the diseasehttp://www.archaeology.org/9701/newsbriefs/syphilis.htmlhttp://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-18693662.html
- Syphilis without sex, why?
- Q: how can one person can gets Syphilis without involoving any sex activities with anybody accept masturbation oh his own as all boyz do, now he's having a syphilis on his buttocks curve starting.& gets itching, something dirty daily of dark red/brown colour & now it hurts, & doctor said take a 5 days treatment, then show me or it can be removed with operation.can it be cured?wht caused this? will it come again?at wht stage it is?is it a rare disease or not?whom so ever answers last 5 ques.. , will definately get 10 points from my side.
- A: Maybe it was passed to you at birth from your mom, that can happen. Or:"On rare occasions, syphilis enters the body through openings in the skin, such as cuts and scrapes, or even through wet kisses, if the infected person has a sore on the mouth or lips. Syphilis may also be transmitted by using a needle previously used by an infected person. Syphilis can be transmitted through a blood transfusion, but this is very rare because all donated blood in the United States and Canada is screened for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and syphilis bacteria cannot survive more than 24 to 48 hours in blood stored using modern blood-banking methods."
- DO I REALLY HAVE HERPES HELP?
- Q: First of all i met a girl then we made out....i didn't use a condom because i was to eager to engage...so i got a scar from dryness because of lack of lubrication....so i still was having sex with the scar then a month later i started getting the signs and symptoms of herpes and syphilis then the bumps started showing...so i seek a doctor they examined doctor said it could be herpes then they took a swab test...then a few minutes later the nurse gave me the checkup paper sayin that i have herpes....but how can i have herpes if she show no signs by the way the doctor said something about having sex with someone who had sex multiple times.....so if you understand my question and know what i am going through please answer???
- A: You can still give the herpes virus to a person even when they aren't having an outbreak. Shouldn't of had unprotected sex! You learned your lesson the hard way. Just because you sleep with one person, doesn't mean that, that person hasn't slept with many partners as well. You sleep with a girl, you sleep with everyone else she's been with.
Prev Question: What about being bulimic
People also view