Do cats carry parvo
Feline parvo (also called panleukopenia, feline distemper) is a vaccine-preventable disease unrelated to the canine distemper. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-cats-carry-parvo ]
More Answers to "Do cats carry parvo"
- Do Cats Carry Parvo?
- No parvo only effects dogs.
- Do cats carry the parvo virus?
- A cat is not susceptible to Parvo, although it is believed to be related to a Feline Distemper virus. With that said, a cat can become exposed to Parvo via feces, etcetera, and carry the virus back on their paws or fur or in some similar wa...
- Is theyre a way to find out if my cats carry parvo?
- Cats do not get or carry the canine parvovirus. However, parvo can survive for quite a long time in the environment (years), so it is always very important to vaccinate puppies against it. Make sure the puppy has had at least one set of sho...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- is theyre a way to find out if my cats carry parvo?
- Q: im about to get a puppy she has a had on her shots but is not fully protected from parvo yet, i have two cats.is theyre any way to find out if they carry the parvo virus if so, what should i do to keep her protected.
- A: Cats do not get or carry the canine parvovirus. However, parvo can survive for quite a long time in the environment (years), so it is always very important to vaccinate puppies against it. Make sure the puppy has had at least one set of shots at least 2 weeks before bringing it home, and that you keep its vaccines current. Nothing is 100%, so if a puppy develops symptoms of parvo, it is very important to seek vet attention immediately.
- Can my cats carry Parvo to my dog?
- Q: My dog died of Parvo and we are still trying to figure out where he got it from.We have three stray cats that hang around our yard. (Because we fed them and still do from time to time (we know our mistake)) But we were wondering if our dog got parvo because of our cats? There is no telling where the cats go when they aren't here. And we would like to get a new dog when the time period is over and it is safe to bring another into our home.Thank you for your time.
- A: yes on their paws...you can carry parvo from outside on your shoes..
- Do cats carry parvo & distemper?
- A: Cats get diseases from other cats. You need to have your cat immunized against them. They call parvo a different thing for cats, but it is basically the same thing. If you are thinking of taking in a cat and your cats have their shots, you don't have to worry. Just get the shots for the cat you are bringing in.Cat diseases are not passed to humans, so you don't have to worry about yourself or any children.
Prev Question: Can you get the disease pics from eating ice
People also view