Do Bearded Dragons carry diseases
Bearded dragons are pet lizards if they've been purchased at a pet shop and normal care given, they should not be disease carriers [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-bearded-dragons-carry-diseases ]
More Answers to "Do Bearded Dragons carry diseases"
- Do Bearded Dragons carry diseases
- Bearded dragons are pet lizards if they've been purchased at a pet shop and normal care given, they should not be disease carriers
- Do bearded dragons carry diseases? is it safe to bring home a new...?
- Almost any reptile can carry salmonella (most commonly associated with raw meat/poultry) but you can only get it by coming into contact with thier feces there arent any airborne diseases they can have tho so your baby will be fine around th...
- Can bearded dragons spread diseases?
- yes salmanela which can kill and also they are gay sont bother breeding them
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Do bearded dragons carry diseases? is it safe to bring home a new born baby?
- Q: I am expecting a baby in 4weeks time my partner has a bearded dragon i am not fond of his pet but this is his creature and wont part with it, I do not touch the dragon at all, we are living in a one bedroom flat and being on maternity if he needs the loo i have to wait for my partner to come in from work to clean him the smell makes me feel physically sick, but the question im asking is it ok to have a newborn do they carry diseases?
- A: Almost any reptile can carry salmonella (most commonly associated with raw meat/poultry) but you can only get it by coming into contact with thier fecesthere arent any airborne diseases they can have tho so your baby will be fine around the beardie (as long as your baby isnt touchin the beardies poops!)
- Are Bearded Dragons Safe Pets?
- Q: I want to get a Bearded Dragon for my birthday and I am aware of all the care it needs and am happy to devote a lot to it. But my mom says lizards pass diseases, and I've heard this too, but do Bearded Dragons carry diseases in their skin or bites?
- A: They do carry salmonella but it is VERY rare. I mean it is extremely rare for them to pass it on to you. Hearing this from experts in exotics they have said they have been pooped on and didnt wash their hands for a while and have been perfectly fine. Dont get me wrong it is still possible for you to get a disease. But I let mine run around on my bed and he has been doing that for a while and I've never been sick from him and I sleep on my bed every night.
- can pet bearded dragons eat wild cockroaches?
- Q: is it healthy for them to eat cockroaches?do cockroaches carry diseases that can infect bearded dragons and make them sick?
- A: They can eat cockroaches. Roaches have a hard shell that will hurt a young dragon when it tries to digest it and poop it out.Make sure the roaches are the right size for your dragon.Also, you never know what a wild caught roach has been eating.Maybe roach poison, maybe something else toxic to your dragon. Yes, they do carry bacteria and other germs that are harmful to your pet.BEST THING TO DO:Catch the roaches and keep them in a cage for a week. Feed them wholesome food and wait for them to poop out any toxins they may have eaten. If they survive. Obviously, you won't feed dead ones. You don't know what killed them isn't harmful to your dragon.Also, waiting a week will show you any other problems they may be having.Good luck.
Prev Question: How long does somebody live with Parkinson's disease
People also view