Why is olive oil better for you than other oils
Studies suggest that olive oil decreases rates of cardiovascular disease and cancer. Other oils don't do this. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-is-olive-oil-better-for-you-than-other-oils ]
More Answers to "Why is olive oil better for you than other oils"
- Why is olive oil suppsedly better for you than other oils??
- Like all oils, olive oil is exceptionally high in calories and fat content so obviously you should use it sparingly. However, olive oil is one of the healthiest forms of oil available and it is considerably better for you than more traditio...
- Is extra virgin olive oil better than other grades of olive oil??
- Extra virgin olive oil tastes better with a wider array of flavors and scents captured from the olive. It is a natural product extracted with only mechanical means, not with heat or solvents like some seed or pomace oils. It also contains n...
- Is Organic Blood Orange Italian Olive Oil better for cooking than...?
- "If you plan on heating it, no." Extra virgin olive oil, along with all the flavored varieties like the one you mention, is cold pressed. This means no heat was used to extract the oil from the olives and that leaves much more of ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why is extra virgin olive oil good for you? What makes it more "healthy" than other oils?
- A: There is at least some good evidence from epidemiological studies to suggest that higher proportion of monounsaturated fats in the diet is linked with a reduction in the risk of Coronary Heart Disease.  This is of significance because olive oil is considerably rich in monounsaturated fats, most notably oleic acid.
- Is olive oil better to use then other oils?
- Q: A lot of recipe's call for olive oil. Why can't you use canola oil or vegetable oil or something like that.
- A: Olive oil tends to be one of the healthiest oils you can use in cooking - as long as you aren't cooking at high temperatures. If you heat olive oil up too high, it becomes an unhealthy oil.Vegetable oil and canola oil tend to have more trans fats - artery clogging badness.
- How is extra virgin olive oil better (in cooking) than other kinds of oil?
- Q: Compared to the nutrition facts for vegetable oil, there is no difference, but everyone says it is better and healthier.
- A: Its a very pure monounsaturated fat and the best for for HDL (good) cholesterol. Rapeseed oil is just as good as is flax (linseed) oil. Vegetable oils can be blends and you never know quite what you are getting!
Prev Question: What is worse for you ice cream or soda
People also view