Why is it important to eat fiber
Fiber appears to reduce the risk of developing various conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, and constipation. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-is-it-important-to-eat-fiber ]
More Answers to "Why is it important to eat fiber"
- Why is it Important to Eat Fiber?
- Fiber may help reduce the risk of developing various conditions (1). Fiber prevents heart disease by lowering cholesterol. It helps control diabetes by maintaining blood sugar levels. Fiber also helps prevent diverticulosis and constipation...
- How to get more fiber in your diet
- Fiber has number of qualities and basically helps to keep the digestive system healthy. Fiber also helps to slow down the absorption of sugars from your diet and aids to control cholesterol to a great deal. A fiber-rich diet protects you ag...
- Why is eating more fiber important?
- Fiber is important to the body to help prevent constipation
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Explain why is is important to eat plenty of fiber and why this is important to the excretory system?
- Q: HELP HELP HELP!THANKS.
- A: It helps me poo better.
- Why is it important to eat foods that contain fiber?
- A: fiber helps digestion and cleans your body out
- why does it seem combination of fiber and protein are key elements to feeling satisfied?
- Q: why does it seem combination of fiber and protein are key elements to feeling satisfied? it seems lots of diet programs emphasize this along eating carbs with low glycemic index to loose weight. So, how important of fiber and protein in loosing weight and feeling satisfied?
- A: The combination of the two makes you feel fuller and less hungry over time. Simple carbs are burned through quickly by being converted into sugars. Protein takes longer for your body to break it down, so you don't feel hungry right away after eating them. The high fiber factor also helps in keeping you feel satisfied because as fiber gets digested, it absorbs the water in your body and makes you feel full. It continues to maintain blood sugar levels (as opposed to carbs that spike up your level after eating and then drop back down when they are digested).
Prev Question: What vitamin is in carrots to help your eyesight
People also view