Which is worse for you, saturated or unsaturated fat
Saturated fats and trans fats, a type of hydrogenated fat, are worse for you than an equal amount of unsaturated fat. ChaCha again soon! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/which-is-worse-for-you%2C-saturated-or-unsaturated-fat ]
More Answers to "Which is worse for you, saturated or unsaturated fat"
- Why is unsaturated fat worse for you than saturated fat??
- It's not. Saturated fat is worse. Your body can't digest saturated fat, like what comes from partially hydrogenated vegetable oil. The chemicals your stomach use to digest don't effect saturated fat, i guess you could say. Unsaturated fat c...
- Which is worse - saturated fatty acids or trans unsaturated fatty...?
- Both saturated fats and trans fatty acids are bad for you. Saturated fats are almost always found in foods that also contain cholesterol, so saturated fats offer a "one-two" punch to heart health. On the other hand, trans fatty ac...
- What is saturated fat/mono-poly-unsaturated, compared to trans fa...?
- The best way to burn fat is to consume less food and exercise more often, the difficulties surface when we actually aim to put that into practice! There are lots of stumbling blocks in the big wide world don't you think?! The sole method...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is saturated fat/mono-poly-unsaturated, compared to trans fat, and which ones are worse?
- Q: The good fats apparently are the fish oils/omega 3s, and the mono/poly unsaturated fats.The deadly one I've heard is trans fats. Does that only and directly contribute to your triglyceride levels, or do all fats contribute?Is saturated fat as bad as trans fat, not as bad, worse, etc?to a person who is underweight, would all of these actually be beneficial in bulking up minus the trans?Someone give me the nutrition lo down!I also know that total fat isn't as important as the breakdowns, and which fats actually are good for you.what about oils ? Which oils are healthy and which oils are considered horrid?I heard that olive oil is healthy. Any other healthy oils?what about the "stay away from at all costs" oils?
- A: The best way to burn fat is to consume less food and exercise more often, the difficulties surface when we actually aim to put that into practice! There are lots of stumbling blocks in the big wide world don't you think?! The sole method that definitely worked for me was wu-yi tea, it can be seen in the resource box underneath, they have a limited number of free trials remaining, it has been reported in Reader's Digest and USA Today. I worked off 20 pounds, it definitely does work!
- Why is unsaturated fat worse for you than saturated fat?
- Q: Please explain using basic chemistry! Thank you!
- A: They aren't. Saturated fats are big hydrocarbons. Hydrocarbons can pack close together, hence why they are solid. Fat's from animals are saturated. Unsaturated fats have double bonds in their hydrocarbon tails, making it difficult for the fat to pack together, that is why they are liquid. Fat's from plants are usually unsaturated.
- why is saturated fat worse than unsaturated fat?
- A: Saturated fat is healthy. It's the unsaturated fat you have to limit.http://www.westonaprice.org/knowyourfats/import_sat_fat.htmlhttp://www.westonaprice.org/knowyourfats/oiling.htmlhttp://www.westonaprice.org/foodfeatures/butter.htmlhttp://www.second-opinions.co.uk/cvd.html#_edn14The best diet for a healthy heart is high-fat (animal fat not vegetable oil), low-carbohydrate .American Journal of Cardiology 2000; 85: 45-4 http://www.ajconline.org/medline/record/MDLN.11078235
Prev Question: What are the 6 classes of nutrients
People also view