What is protein and what does it do for the body
Protein is found in muscles, bone, hemoglobin, myoglobin, hormones, antibodies, and enzymes, and makes up about 45% of the...MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-protein-and-what-does-it-do-for-the-body ]
More Answers to "What is protein and what does it do for the body"
- What does protein do for your body?
- Protein is necessary for building muscles and other tissues.
- Why does our body need protein?
- Our body needs protein to repair cells, and in the process of facilitated diffusion - as canals through the cell membrane for larger molecules and particles. In fitness, protein is good for an increased metabolism rate, and it helps repair ...
- How Much Protein The Body Needs
- Is it true that you shouldn't consume more than 30 grams of protein at one time? How much can you have at once? Here is what you are really asking: Will all the protein I consume no matter how much, be effectively used by my body? You ca...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How much protein does the body need each day?
- Q: I'm the type of cat that enjoys going to the gym most of the week. With that said, how much protein does the/my body need to get the best results from being @ the gym often?
- A: Depends on your weight height age....Go herehttp://www.time-to-run.com/nutrition/rda.htmIt has a very good chart on Recommended Daily Allowances (RDA) for different Minerals and such our bodies need.
- At what point does a strand of hair stop receiving protein from the body?
- Q: So hair is essentially protein. Does it continuously receive protein from the body? Or does it "die" once it's far enough from the scalp, and is that why split ends occur?Why am I asking? In the end, I just want to conclude if it's unhealthy for an individual to grow really really long hair.
- A: Yes, once it exits the scalp it dies. And long hair has nothing to do with your health.
- How many grams of protein does the body absorbs at a given time?
- Q: I heard it absorbs about 40 grams at a time, i want to know since ive read in several fitness articles that your body needs the equal amount in terms of grams in protein as ur body weight for muscle to develop and i was wondering if by taking two protein shakes a day of 86g of protein am i throwing away some protein, should i divide the shakes into lesser intakes (eg instead of 2 shakes a day take 3-4 shakes that equal my body weight) ?
- A: ur body absorbs something like 20 grams an hour but probably can do more since almost every protein bar/shake is over than anyways. also u shouldnt take a supplement with protein equal to ur body weight. for example if u weigh 150lbs u could take 80 grams of protein because u'll get the rest from food u eat thoughout the day. if i were you i would take the 3-4 shakes a day and one them after i workout.
Prev Question: How many glasses of water should I drink per day
People also view