What is folic acid
Folic acid, sometimes called folate, is a B vitamin (B9) found mostly in leafy green vegetables like kale and spinach, orange juice, and enriched grains. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-folic-acid ]
More Answers to "What is folic acid"
- One easy way a woman can be sure she is getting enough folic acid is to take a vitamin that has folic acid in it every day . Folic acid pills and most multivitamins sold in the United States have 100% of the daily value (DV) of folic acid; ...
- Folic acid, sometimes called folate, is a B vitamin (B9) found mostly in leafy green vegetables like kale and spinach, orange juice, and enriched grains. Repeated studies have shown that women who get 400 micrograms (0.4 milligrams) daily p...
- Folic Acid What you need to know: Folic acid, a B vitamin, helps prevent birth defects of the brain and spinal cord when taken before the end of early pregnancy. It is available in most multivitamins, as a folic acid-only supplement and in ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is a good brand of folic acid for the cure of bacterial vaginosis?
- Q: I am a young teenager and I think I suffer from bacterial vaginosis, even though I've never been checked out. I was looking on the internet and came upon a cure for B.V (folic acid). I want to give it a try but I just dont know which brand to pick. Could someone help me with this?
- A: don't believe everything you read on the web, folic acid will not cure bacterial vaginosis. You need to see a doctor and get tested and treated appropriately.
- What is the largest amount of folic acid that is safe to take?
- Q: My doctor just put me on Repliva 21/7. It has 1 mg of Folic acid in it. I am already taking prenatal vitamines because I am ttc. Should I stop my prenatals or only take half or will it be save to take both?
- A: If you are uncertain you should ask your doctor.
- What is the best multivitamin (including folic acid) brand when ttc?
- Q: I know folic acid doesn't help you to conceive but makes prevents any defects for the baby. My obgyn told me to take 400mg folic acid. I've been taking ONE A DAY brand (obviously for women). Is there a better brand that you would recommend and resulted in pregnancy or the one I'm taking is okay?
- A: i am TTC and i have been taking Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast Feeding Gold. I have only been taking it for 2 months but i actually feel really good. i'm still not pregnant but my girlfriend started taking it and fell pregnant the same month now the baby is due in 3 days!! so thats a good signThe vitamin i am talking about helps you and the baby.- it provides iodine to promote baby’s healthy brain, eyesight & hearing development.- Provides folic acid that may reduce the risk of brain and/or spinal cord birth defects such as spina bifida and anencephaly if taken daily for 1 month prior to conception and during pregnancy.- Provides vitamin D3 to support calcium absorption to assist with baby’s healthy bone development.- Provides omega-3 essential fatty acids to promote baby’s healthy brain & visual development.-Provides overall multivitamin support with 17 nutrients including 10 vitamins, 6 minerals including iron and calcium, and omega-3 fatty acids.i have attached the website so that you can read more about it. Good Luck!!!
Prev Question: How are strawberries good for a person
People also view