What is binge eating
Binge eating is an eating disorder characterized by eating more than a person needs d to satisfy hunger. ChaCha On~ [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-binge-eating ]
More Answers to "What is binge eating"
- Binge eating is defined by a person consuming an unnaturally large amount of food of over 2,000 calories within the space of two hours. Binge eating is characterised by a sense of having lost control over eating. People with the disorder ma...
- According to a report in the May/June 2000 edition of Psychiatry, about 1% of women in a study conducted in the USA had the symptoms of Binge Eating Disorder. The incidence is slightly lower in European countries and in men.
- Binge eating is a pattern of disordered eating which consists of episodes of uncontrollable overeating. It is sometimes as a symptom of binge eating disorder
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what is binge eating?
- Q: i really would like to no what binging is. i hear people talk about it but i just don't understand them.
- A: Binge eating is when a person consumes an enormous amount of food in one sitting, like thousands of calories all at once.
- Is binge eating healthy to gain weight if you are underweight?
- Q: I'm 5ft 3 and 98lbs. I have been binge eating and I've gained like 2lbs every few days. I probably eat around 10,000-20,000 calories a day. No joke. My stomach hurts quite a bit sometimes. It's really, really bloated also and round. I try to balance out my diet though, so it's not like I am eating just one thing.
- A: No, this is not recommended. Rapid weight gain is very hard on your heart.Try eating normal meals, and having an Ensure twice a day, as snacks between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner. If you have trouble gaining, you should get an appointment with a nutritionist, they will help you do it in a healthy way.
- How to resolve binge eating disorder?
- Q: Hello, I am looking for binge eating disorder recoveries, to give me some advice on binge eating disorder, and how to resolve it. What led you to recovery, what can I do to stop BED?
- A: I went to speak to a psychologist due to my binge eating...i have struggled with my weight + body image since being 14yrs old, and my weight fluctuates. had been in the binge eating and starving cyce for 5 years. it's uncontrolable + i used to hate myself for it. i hid this problem from Everyone! even from my bf and mum. i felt so ashamed of it! finally went to a psychologist about 6mnths ago, and am so glad i did! most eating disorders have an underlying cause, and you'll be amazed at what these causes are, which you would have not thought were related to your binge eating.im currently resolving my issues and my binge eating has reaallyyyy decreased! for 4 weeks i have not binged once, and am eating healthily, save for the odd chocolate or cake (but it's exam time & im continually studying :( :S boring! lol )good luck...you can resolve the issuebdw, exercising helps also[feel free if you'd like to contact me...suport helps i guess "/]
Prev Question: How many calories is in McDonalds medium fry
People also view