What happens if the body does not get enough protein
If your body doesn't get enough protein it will be slower to recover muscle and other important areas. Sickness occurs easier. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-happens-if-the-body-does-not-get-enough-protein ]
More Answers to "What happens if the body does not get enough protein"
- What happens if your body does not get enough proteins??
- protein is needed for growth and repair. No protein could result in a slow recovery after illness and ultimatley hair/nail growth would slow and height would remain the same
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What happens to your body when you don't get enough protein?
- Q: What do you look like, and how do you feel if you don't get enough or any at all?
- A: your key functioning organs start to draw protein from other areas, muscle, tissue, etcMost people consume way too much protein, especially animal protein. One can survive on nuts legumes, tofu, wheat glutin, vegetables and whole grains. I am a vegetarian, and, I look about 20 years younger than my real age. I have prefect skin, only had one cavity in 17 years. I am physcially active and fit.
- what happens to your body if you do eat enough protein?
- Q: i am doing an assignment for college and i need to know what happens to your body if you do eat protein
- A: protein is a key trigger to human growth hormone>not the stuff that comes in a bottle>but the kind that is active in the pitutary gland hp until the early 20s. This hormone can remain active if protein is consumed and carbohydrates are controlled.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone#Regulationprotein stabilizes insulin production and it guards against osteoporosis.http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtbones.htmlhttp://www.westonaprice.org/traditional_diets/native_americans.htmlIt can be used to treat epilepsyhttp://www.neuro.wustl.edu/epilepsy/pediatric/articleKetogenicDiet.htmlThese are just a few examples of the improtance of dietary protein.
- What happens to your body if you do not have enough protein?
- A: It is really not that easy to not get enough. Even if you are vegan or vegitarian because so many vegitables and beans (legumes) have protein in them. If you do however end up short your body will begin to burn it's own stores of protein, then it will move onto fat cells and then eventually muscle tissue. Often why you don't see too may over weight vegitarians or Vegans is because they find it hard to eat High levels of protein. There are however pro athletes and body builders who are vegitarians but they need huge amounts of tofu, beans and protein suppliments to support there weight gain and training.
Prev Question: Is peanut butter healthy for you
People also view