What are the health benefits of fasting
Detoxification is the foremost argument presented by advocates of fasting. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-the-health-benefits-of-fasting ]
More Answers to "What are the health benefits of fasting"
- no matter what anyone tells you.......THERE ARE NO benefits to robbing your body of nutrients its just plain STUPID
- People have fasted as a spiritual practice since ancient times. Today, there are a lot of people claiming that fasting also has a lot of health benefits. And, in fact, research shows that short fasts, lasting anywhere from 20 to 36 hours ca...
- Fasting is the queen of all therapies . It is astonishing how much your health may improve, provided you're doing the thing rightly. Combining fasting with walking e.g. stimulates bloodcirculation, repairs bloodvessel walls, removes blood r...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are the physical health benefits of fasting in Ramadan?
- Q: I understand that the spiritual/religious benefit is far greater/more important and I know what these benefits are. I would like to know what the physical benefits are. Thanks.
- A: Fasting has its advantages from the point of view of health and hygiene. Islam wants a Muslim to be healthy, clean, alert, agile and energetic. "Fast to be healthy," had said the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.). And physicians today acknowledge the many benefits of fasting that ensure health and the soundness of one's body and mind. Some of these positive points have a direct influence on psychology and physique of the fasting individual.Fasting has been found to be an effective treatment for psychological and emotional disorders. It helps a person to firm up his will, cultivate and refine his taste and manners, strengthen his conviction of doing good, avoid controversy, petulance and rashness, which all contribute towards a sane and healthy personality. Besides nurturing resistance and ability to face hardships and endurance, fasting reflects on outward physical appearance by cutting out gluttony and getting rid of excess fat. The benefits of fasting on health do not stop there but are instrumental in alleviating a number of physical diseases, including those of the digestive systems, such as chronic stomachache, inflammation of the colon, liver diseases, indigestion, and conditions such as obesity, arteriosclerosis, high blood pressure, asthma, diphtheria and many other maladies.
- Assuming you're healthy enough to do it, are there any health benefits to fasting?
- Q: Are there any health benefits to not eating for a prolonged period (fasting)?
- A: I agree with janie. Fasting helps increase your energy levels, and helps get rid of accumulated toxins in the body. The negative effects that a prevous message said are also normal, as it is the body's way of adjusting, It takes 2-3 days and it shows something is working, there is a special name for this but i can't remember at the moment.
- What are the health benefits of fasting?
- Q: can you give sources for your answer if possible, such as quoting scientists or nutritionists.and by the way i'm talking about one day fasting, no more.
- A: no matter what anyone tells you.......THERE ARE NO benefits to robbing your body of nutrientsits just plain STUPID
Prev Question: What will i eat for lunch
People also view