Is Cole Slaw good for you
KFC coleslaw contains 22.4g of fat - more than its fillet burger or large fries. If it is made with light dressing, it's o.k. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-cole-slaw-good-for-you ]
More Answers to "Is Cole Slaw good for you"
- Why is the cole slaw so good?
- Because the recipe came from Kentucky. If it's one thing the South knows, it's fried chicken and all that goes with it. They need to have cornbread at KFC to round things out!
- What is the best appliance for making cole slaw from cabbage??
- I tried a mandoline ,the slaw comes out in thick flat pieces ,a food processor makes it form like grains of rice .I can not get the long thin strands that look true cole slaw and actually taste better . I wonder if a manual box shredder wil...
- How to Make The Best Cole Slaw Dressing
- ･ 1 Add 2 cups or Mayo, most kinds will work (low fat) don’t use an olive oil or flavored Mayo because... ･ 2 Mix all ingredients in a bowl with a wire wisk (its always good to taste it as you are mixing to see... ･ 3 Let sit for an half ho...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Looking for cole slaw dressing which actually tastes good?
- Q: I don't want to make cole slaw "from scratch", but I do want to select my own veggies and use a botttled dressing that's already made and delicious.We've tried several brands with no success. Is there such a thing as ready-made cole slaw dressing that also happens to taste good? If so - what brand and where can we find it?Thanks!
- A: Mix Hellman's real mayonnaise with some sweet pickle juice and add a touch of Knorr Swiss Arromat.Make sure that your veggies are very finley chopped and another little hint. Coleslaw always tastes better after it has marinated in it's dressing for a few hours.
- Is cole slaw good or bad for you?
- Q: I'm talking about the creamy white cole slaw.On the one hand, you have cabbage and carrots which are good. But on the other, they're covered in a fatty sauce that contains lots of mayonnaise. So what do you think, good or bad? And if anyone has a link to estimated nutrition info, that'd help too. I'm sure there's a good amount of saturated fat.
- A: The mayonnaise, or whatever other sauce is used(ranch dressing), usually far outweighs that nutritional benefits of the lettuce and other vegetables or fruits.
- Does any one know what would go good with cole slaw?
- Q: I want to make my fiancee a birthday dinner and he loves cole slaw (as long as its not plain) but I dont know what else to make to go with the cole slaw. Thanks
- A: fish and chips For the fries: 1 gallon safflower oil 4 large Russet potatoes Kosher salt For the batter: 2 cups flour 1 tablespoon baking powder 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper Dash Old Bay Seasoning 1 bottle brown beer, cold 1 1/2 pounds firm-fleshed whitefish (tilapia, pollock, cod), cut into 1-ounce strips Cornstarch, for dredgingHeat oven to 200 degrees F. Heat the safflower oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven over high heat until it reaches 320 degrees. Using a V-slicer with a wide blade, slice the potatoes with the skin on. Place in a large bowl with cold water. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and Old Bay seasoning. Whisk in the beer until the batter is completely smooth and free of any lumps. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Note: The batter can be made up to 1 hour ahead of time. Drain potatoes thoroughly, removing any excess water. When oil reaches 320 degrees, submerge the potatoes in the oil. Working in small batches, fry for 2 to 3 minutes until they are pale and floppy. Remove from oil, drain, and cool to room temperature. Increase the temperature of the oil to 375 degrees. Re-immerse fries and cook until crisp and golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and drain on roasting rack. Season with kosher salt while hot and hold in the oven. Allow oil to return to 350 degrees. Lightly dredge fish strips in cornstarch. Working in small batches, dip the fish into batter and immerse into hot oil. When the batter is set, turn the pieces of fish over and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain the fish on the roasting rack. Serve with malt vinegar.=)
Prev Question: What are the healthiest fruits
People also view