How much water do you need per day
The Institute of Medicine has said adequate intake of water from drink & food is 90 oz/day for women & around 125 oz/day for men. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much-water-do-you-need-per-day ]
More Answers to "How much water do you need per day"
- How much water do you need per day?
- The body's requirement for water varies with the body weight of the individual and stage of the life cycle. Under normal environmental temperatures and activity levels, the average adult needs about two liters of water per day to maintain a...
- How much water do you need to drink per day?
- If you answered "eight eight-ounce glasses of water per day" you would certainly have given the answer most commonly cited - you would also be wrong! Eight eight-ounce glasses of water per day has been repeated so often that almos...
- How much water does a person need per day?
- Typically, health experts say to drink 8 cups of water a day. However, this is just a wives tale. The fact is, you get water also from the foods that you eat. For instance: fruit has lots of water in it, so that counts towards drinking wate...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How much water per day do i need to drink to flush my system in 3 weeks?
- Q: i have 3 weeks till a drug test, how much water do i need to drink every day before my body is flushed, and no THC is in me?
- A: depends how much you weigh has A LOT to do with it! but they can see that in drug test that you are diluted pee and will question that…my friend who had to take a drug test for probation did the flush with water and they said cause it was diluted so much they failed him…CRAP !!!
- How much water do I need per day? Especially if I'm going to run cross country?
- Q: I'm 15, and I don't think I get near the amount of water I need per day. I only drink a glass of water in the morning and drink a glass with my meals, but that's it. Do I need more water intake as a teenager? How much? And would I need to bump up the water level if I run cross country?
- A: It depends on other dietary factors. If you ate tonnes of fruit and vegees you would be getting a great source of alkaline water so your two glasses would likely be enough.If you drink 6 glasses of pop or other dressed up water you would be better off with just water especially when you start your training. Water is utilized right away, whereas pop for instance has an acidic effect on the body so the water is used to help dilute the acidity along with leaching calcium etc to help neutralize. If you choose to up your water more than a few glasses of water each day consider taking a small amount of sea salt to help your cells absorb the water. Too much water too soon will actually cause osmotic problems...one being headaches.ps..please avoid power drinks/hydration drinks(no names mentioned) as they often contain preservatives, glucose, colouring etc effecting your pure water intake.
- How much water should a person drink per day?
- Q: My cousin doesn't drink as much water as she should. I'm encouraging her to drink more water per day, but how much? She's 12 years old, and 5'2" & 117lbs.Putting your answer in fl oz would be appreciated, thank you.
- A: 64 ounces, but, the more the better. Water not only hydrates you, the more you drink, the more toxins it pushes out of your system. So drink up!!!
Prev Question: Is poop OK to eat
People also view