Does vitamin c keep you from getting sick
Vitamin C is required for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body. It is necessary to form collagen, an important protein used to make skin, scar tissue, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. Vitamin C is essential for the MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-vitamin-c-keep-you-from-getting-sick ]
More Answers to "Does vitamin c keep you from getting sick"
- Does vitamin c keep you from getting sick?
- yes. it boosts your white blood cells and keeps them healthy and more able to fight infection before it even causes a problem.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I'm having surgery and everyone around me is getting sick, what should i do to keep myself from getting sick?
- Q: I know washing my hands and vitamin c, but what kinds of foods have vitamin c?the surgery is in almost a week
- A: fruits and fruit juices... orange juice and strawberries are best
- How to keep from getting sick during the school year! Parents, teachers, students...whoever...just some ideas?
- Q: Ok so right now i have this horrible cold....i have blocked airways, clogged ears, sore throat, and I'm coughing mucus up. I take an airborne type tablet every day (well, its generic but does that even make a difference?), one vitamin C capsule, one multivitamin everyday and since I've had this stupid cold I've been taking a oral decongestant in the morning and a Mucinex at night. It's still not helping. I wash my hand with soap and water (sometimes with Germ X though if water and soap are not readily available), I've been drinking water and orange juice and iced tea a lot (hey, mom told me liquids!! not just water!!!). But it's still not helping. Well, i know it will go away and all but i just wanted to know is there anything else i can do to help it or to keep from getting sick in the long run. Thanks
- A: Wash your hands often, stay away from people who are coughing or sneezing, Wash your hands and always keep your hands away from your face, particularly your mouth , nose, and eyes. Do not share foods and drinks. Wash your hands. Have you gotten the idea that you should wash your hands often?Everything you touch someone else has also touched. They may have just sneezed into that hand and transferred their germs to the object etc.
- my boyfriend is sick...how do i keep myself from getting sick?
- Q: so my boyfriend is sick today, and i feel bad for him cuz hes not as happy when hes sick. i love him to death and dont want to stay away from him. especially when he is sick...he needs me to be with him most making him feel better. hes concerned that i might get sick so he says stuff like you can keep your distance. personally id rather risk getting sick than going a day without comforting him, showing him i love him and care about him , etc. but i have tennis and i cant afford to miss a practice or a match. ive been eating healthy and washing my hands , taking extra precautions etc. is there any foods i can eat that will boost my immune system? ive been takin vitamin c caplets and eating healthy foods???
- A: All you need to do is tell him. If your game is more important then taking care of your boyfriend then he will accept it (that sounds a little over simplified). With me, I always take care of my bf when he is sick, becuz he always does the same for me, know matter what's on his agenda. But if your relationship isn't like that, then it's fine. Just tell him. He should be fine with it.
Prev Question: What is the way to loose weight
People also view