Does Fiber make you constipated
No, quite the opposite. Insoluble fiber, in particular, actually helps soften stool and allows for more frequent passage out of the body. Try incorporating foods that are high in insoluble fiber to ease constipation. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-fiber-make-you-constipated ]
More Answers to "Does Fiber make you constipated"
- Why does eating fiber make me feel constipated and bloated??
- HippieCH Sounds like you're very dehydrated. Fiber really needs water to work for you otherwise it bloats you and constipates you even more. Always make sure you have plenty of iron in your diet too, like prunes, which will help your digest...
- Is it possible that too much fiber can make a person constipated?...?
- Hi Laura, For healthy bowel function, both fibre and fluid intake are very important. It's *possible* that if you're eating a lot of fibre, but not taking in adequate fluids, that you might become a bit constipated because your stools are...
- Can a high fiber diet make you constipated?
- Fiber. Fiber is a substance found in plants. Dietary fiber - the kind you eat - is found in fruits, vegetables, and grains. It is an important part of a healthy diet...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why does eating fiber make me feel constipated and bloated?
- Q: Also, what are some tips to slowly integrate more fiber into my diet?
- A: HippieCHSounds like you're very dehydrated. Fiber really needs water to work for you otherwise it bloats you and constipates you even more. Always make sure you have plenty of iron in your diet too, like prunes, which will help your digestion too.
- High fiber cereals and apples make me constipated, does anyone else have this problem?
- Q: I like the taste of high fiber cereal, but it really clogs me up. I have tried drinking extra water and it did not help. Does it do other people this way?
- A: YES! I GET CLOGGED UP IF I EAT 1 1/2 BANANAS! finally someone who understands!
- What cat food is high in fiber for cat that gets constipated?
- Q: I have a cat that gets constipated often. He has been at the vet several times for it and has had enemas. I noticed that the canned food that he eats has lowered the fiber content. What canned food has a high fiber content that I can switch him to? I have 3 other cats so I prefer to first try a food that is not a prescription food.
- A: Have you spoken to the vet about any drugs that would help him? Constipated cats can be helped greatly by one or both of the following: lactulose and cisipride (Propulsid). When an all-canned diet isn't enough, then it could be time to add one of the two laxatives. It really isn't pleasant for a cat to get constipated and get enemas, and these drugs can help very much. Has the vet done x-rays to determine if he's got a condition called megacolon? Something you might want to mention at your next trip to the vet.
Prev Question: How many calories are in rock candy
People also view