Does a potato have more potassium than a banana
A baked potato plus the skin has 600mg of potassium. A banana has 400mg of potassium. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-a-potato-have-more-potassium-than-a-banana ]
More Answers to "Does a potato have more potassium than a banana"
- Do Idaho Potatoes really have more potassium than a banana??
- Any type of baked potato has more potassium than a banana. It's been proven in a study of different foods and their benefits. You can check it out on google if you want to verify that the potato has more potassium. Here's the breakdown to i...
- What foods have lots of potassium in them besides potatoes and ba...?
- Apricots, dried Avocados, raw Bananas, raw Beets, cooked Brussel sprouts, cooked Cantaloupe Dates, dry Figs, dry Kiwi fruit, raw Lima beans Melons, honeydew Milk, fat free or skim Nectarines Orange juice Oranges Pears (fresh) Peanuts dry ro...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Do Idaho Potatoes really have more potassium than a banana?
- A: Any type of baked potato has more potassium than a banana. It's been proven in a study of different foods and their benefits. You can check it out on google if you want to verify that the potato has more potassium.Here's the breakdown to include some other foods in this:Baked potato, with skin, 1 medium (844mg)Avocado, 1/2 medium (742mg)White beans, canned, 1/2 cup (595mg)Yogurt, fat-free, plain, 8 oz (579mg)Tomato juice, 1 cup (535mg)Orange juice, fresh, 1 cup (496mg)Cantaloupe, diced, 1 cup (482mg) One large banana contains about 487mg of potassium, which is only 14% of the DRI (Daily Required Intake) of 4,000mg. This means I need to eat 7 or 8 large bananas each day to reach the daily recommended allowance of potassium, if my only source was bananas.
- what has more potassium, a potato or a banana?
- Q: what else has lots of potasium?
- A: A banana... cantaloupe, tomatoes, orange juice..My potassium was extremely low back in july, the above was recommended by my dr. for me to eat. He didn't recommend the potato though.
- Which molds faster-lipids(butter), proteins(egg), starch(potato), potassium (banana), or carbohydrate(bread)?
- A: Carbo's definetly.
Prev Question: What vitamins are in a pineapple
People also view