Do carbs make you fat
Carbohydrates do not make you fat. Nor does fat. Eating more of ANY kind of food than your body needs is what makes you fat. ChaCha again soon! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-carbs-make-you-fat ]
More Answers to "Do carbs make you fat"
- Their are good Carbohydrates and Bad Carbohydrates... Natural foods thate arent processed have natural good carbohydrates that the body needs... its processed foods that have bad carbohydrates like junk food.. <<< stay away from th...
- A carbohydrate in and of itself does not make you fat. It is unused energy stored for later use that makes you overweight. Refined carbohydrates and simple sugars are the only sources of carbohydrates that have the ability to flood your bod...
- There is no merit to the contention that carbs, in and of themselves, make you fat. If that were true, then, as one example, obesity would plague the many Asian cultures whose diets are centered around high-carbohydrate rice and grain dishe...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why is it promoted that carbs make you fat?
- Q: That is a flat out LIE!Carbs give you energy. The idea when looking to eath healthy food that makes you lose weight , is to eat food high in energy but low in calories . Vegetables give you the most "bang" by being very low in calories, but giving you plenty of energy. The idea is to stay away from food that is high in calories but low in energy , called "junk food". Why is this so promoted that "too many Carbs make you fat?"Who is doing the promoting of this ? The medical business?
- A: Dear Chris, My answer to your last question also answers this question.A round the world study shows clearly that the higher percentage of carbohydrate consumed /day is directly related to increased obesity.Best wishes
- Why do carbs make some people fat and not others?
- Q: I'm 5 foot 8, weigh 115 pounds, and eat primarily carbs (pasta, bread, rice) but I know other people who are afraid to eat carbs because they say they cause them to gain so much weight.Why would some people get fat from them, and not others?
- A: Genetics
- How do carbs/calories make you gain weight if they are not fat?
- Q: OK, I'm a figure skater and I have to eat lots before I go to skating everyday because I skate for a while and need my energy level to stay up. I'm wondering how carbs and calories can make you fat if they are not fat? And also do you have any good ideas of healthy foods to eat before I go?
- A: You only gain weight when you don’t use the carbs you take in. Carbohydrates are broken down into sugar for your body to use in order to make energy through the form of cellular respiration! When you take in more carbs then you need your body will store those extra carbs as fat tissue that builds up around the stomach, buttocks, hips, and thighs. Calorie is the measurement of energy, in other words on average your body uses 1200 cal of energy a day. If you take in more calories then your body uses you gain weight because like carbohydrates that energy is stored in the fat form. A healthy food to eat before figure skating is any fruit; bananas are good because there more filling; and nuts. Nuts are full of protein witch will help build your muscles to perform at your best.
Prev Question: What beverage hydrates you the best
People also view