Can you lose weight by stopping drinking alcohol
Most alcoholic bevs contain carbs,calories, and fat. If you stop the intake of them, you will most likely lose weight. See website [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-lose-weight-by-stopping-drinking-alcohol ]
More Answers to "Can you lose weight by stopping drinking alcohol"
- Can you lose a considerable amount of weight if you stop drinking...?
- Depending on how much you are drinking, yes. It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound of fat. So if you are drinking 500 calories of alcohol/night, seven days a week (which would be A LOT of alcohol), you'd lose a pound/week.
- When you gain weight from drinking alcohol, do you just have to s...?
- Well kind of. Alcohol helps gain weight two ways. 1. it is really high in calories, and 2. it slows down your metabolism. When you stop drinking, your metabolism will speed up some, but you will probably have to exercise to get rid of the w...
- HOW MUCH WEIGHT WHEN YOU STOP DRINKING ALCOHOL ?
- None, sorry. BUT I drank ginger beer and lemonade and the like instead of alcohol so it was inevitable I wasn't going to lose any. Plus I have the metabolism of a narcoleptic sloth and I never lose weight unless I really try very hard indee...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long does it take to lose weight when you stop drinking alcohol?
- Q: I used to drink about 4 days a week, and i mean like 12 beers at a time. It has been about a month and i see no change, did any1 stop drinking to lose weight?
- A: Try the Lil Jack workout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKCGe2Ezris
- Will I lose weight if I stop drinking alcohol at night?
- Q: I need to lose about 15lbs. I exercise everyday and control my food intake but I can't seem to lose any weight. Is this because I drink 3-5 shots of Tequila at night? If I stop drinking, will I lose the weight?
- A: Well, that will be less calories that you are taking in, so that can lead to weight loss for sure. A shot has about 100 - 150 calories in it (depending on how much your pour). So that's between 300 and 750 extra calories per day. That's an extra fast food hamburger or so. Think about it.
- How do you lose weight and drink alcohol?
- Q: I have 20 pounds to lose and do not wish to stop drinking to do it. I usually have 1 or 2 drinks most days of the week. Occasionally, I'll drink up to 5 drinks if I go out. Sometimes I may not drink at all, but I do on most days. Does anyone have weight loss tips to help me lose while still enjoying my beverage. When I ask for tips, I mean besides eating healthier and exercising, because those are things I've already began doing. Thanks...
- A: I was worried about the same thing. The best I can offer is try to drink light beer if you drink beer and stick with your current plan. I still have a couple beers (regular though, not light) a few days out of the week but as long as I stood with my eating/exercising I still lost weight.
Prev Question: How many calories is a donut from Krispy Kreme
People also view