Can you give a 2 month old baby infant cereal
It is usually recommended that you start a baby on solid foods between 4-6 months, beginning with an iron fortified rice cereal. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-give-a-2-month-old-baby-infant-cereal ]
More Answers to "Can you give a 2 month old baby infant cereal"
- Are there any dangers with giving a two-month-old infant rice cer...?
- The American Academy of Pediatrics, the World Health Organization, and many other health organizations recommend that babies be exclusively breastfed (no cereal, juice or other foods) for the first 6 months of life. Some doctors may recomme...
- Is it okay to start a 3 month old baby on infant cereal??
- My Son is 10Weeks and eats 4oz every 3hrs or 6oz every 4 hrs...She is getting biiger and needs more food in her belly. She is perfectly normal. Up her intale and she will go longer between feedings. She wont eat if she isnt hungry. We start...
- Is it too early give my 3 month old baby infant cereal??
- Yes. Until 6 months old, babies *can't* digest anything other than human milk. For this reason every health organization worldwide (including the World Health Organization, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and Health Canada) recommends e...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it ok to give a 2 1/2 month old infant rice cereal in a bottle?
- Q: My 2 1/2 month old was 11 pounds 6 ounces at his 2 month visit (8 pounds 9 ounces when born) and seems to not be satisfied with formula feedings. I have been told by a lot of people that bigger babies may need cereal earlier than other babies. Is this safe to do?
- A: everyone's different... Some people will swear up and down that it's a horrible thing to do to your child.. obesity and allergies and God knows what else... TRY IT if hes' not constipated by it, gets it out of the nipple easy and is satisfied, then keep doing it! it's up to YOU. Some babies are on rice on bottles from 2 weeks of life, and turn out fine. Dont overdo it, in order to make him sleep better though, he wont.. if he's taking in more than 8 oz at a feeding every 3 hours or so, he may be ready! play with it and figure out how much he needs.. i'd use a formula spoon and start with just one. and see how it goes. Good Luck!
- Is it okay to start a 3 month old baby on infant cereal?
- Q: She eats 4-5 ounces of formula every 2-3 hours and acts as though she is still hungry.
- A: My Son is 10Weeks and eats 4oz every 3hrs or 6oz every 4 hrs...She is getting biiger and needs more food in her belly. She is perfectly normal. Up her intale and she will go longer between feedings. She wont eat if she isnt hungry. We started my son on cereal at 8 weeks-Per DR....He is fine- And when spoon feeding for the first couple times its NOT "force" Feedinf the babies just dont know how to sue there tounge yet, They arent rejecting it,it just takes some time time to get used to it.Hope That Helps.But dont be afraid to call Pedi..Thats what they are there for silly!DEFINITELY DO NOT PUT THE CEREAL IN A BOTTLE!!
- I have a 3 month old baby boy, is it too early to start giving him infant cereal?
- Q: I JUST STARTED GIVING MY 3 MONTH OLD INFANT CEREAL (RICE) I WAS WONDERING IF IT WAS TOO EARLY & SHOULD I WAIT UNTIL HIS OLDER? BEFORE I STARTED HIM ON THE CEREAL HE USED TO DRINK 4 OUNCES OF FORMULA EVERY 2 HOURS. NOW, SINCE I HAVE STARTED HIM ON THE CEREAL HE ONLY DRINKS ABOUT 4 OUNCES (W/ RICE) EVERY 4 OR 5 HOURS. NOW HE'S EATING A TOTAL OF 4 0R 5 BOTTLES EVERYDAY INSTEAD OF 7 OR 8. IS THAT A GOOD IDEA? I HAVE HEARD A LOT OF THINGS, GOOD & BAD ABOUT STARTING HIM ON CEREAL THIS YOUNG. I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE COULD BE ANY LONG TERM SIDE EFFECTS LIKE CHILDHOOD OBESITY? ALSO IS A TOTAL OF 20 -24 OUNCES OF FORMULA ENOUGH PER DAY FOR A 3 MONTH OLD?
- A: Its pretty funny to see all these mothers on here saying that "doctors" recommend not starting solids til 6 months. I just took my daughter to her 4 month well check and her doctor said she could have cereal, fruits and veggies. Whatever she wanted. Also if all this crap about starting earlier can cause all sorts of problems, how did we ever survive? Our mothers were feeding us cereal when we were 2 weeks old. Go with what you feel your baby needs and wants. My daughter is not satisfied with formula alone. She needed something more. I was not going to starve her and only give her formula because of something I have "heard". Didn't they also say awhile ago that red M&Ms cause cancer. Now that study has been totally shot down as wrong. Give me a break. Anyway, don't worry too much about the amounts of formula your baby is taking now that you started cereal. The cereal is going to keep her statisfied longer. Your baby knows when shes hungry and whens shes not, just go off that and you'll be good. Congrats on the little one and good luck.
Prev Question: What is the healthiest thing to have for breakfast
People also view