Can 15 year olds take whey protein
You really shouldn't be taking any kind of weight loss or muscle gain supplement at your age, your body isn't fully grown yet! ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-15-year-olds-take-whey-protein ]
More Answers to "Can 15 year olds take whey protein"
- Is okay for a 15 year old to take Whey Protein?
- Yes, however I would make sure and consume an ample amount of whole food proteins. Make sure you are using a high quality whey product minus the fillers and additives. It's ok to take on your non lifting days.
- What happens if I take whey protein Im 15 years old??
- I may help improve your muscle mass big time! Virtually all dairy products have some amount of whey protein. The protein in milk is 20% whey, so whey in its concentrated form should be perfectly fine at any age as long as you are not lactos...
- Can i take whey protein supplements? [15, almost 16 years old and...?
- You know the old disclaimer, always consult a physician before starting an exercise program or new diet. Unless there is something wrong with your health he will probably give you the OK. If you are trying to 'bulk up' you will want to cons...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can a 15 year old take supplements?
- Q: I have they whey protein and N.O. Shotgun, but I was wondering if I could take any other supplements that could help me gain mass and drop some fat. Any help?
- A: I would focus on your nutrition and workout plan. Make sure you are working out correctly and eating plenty of whole food proteins. Good luck man!!
- Can i take whey protein supplements? [15, almost 16 years old and around 121 lbs]?
- Q: Im 15, almost 16 years old and i was wondering i could take whey protein powder supplements after a workout to bulk up a little bit. As in, is this safe for me to do?On the back however there is a part that says this: Warnings: Athletes who engage in intense, regular exercise should consume at least 120 oz of water per day. Drink an additional 16 oz of water for every pound lost during exercise. Do not use if under the age of 18. Consult a physician prior to use if you are pregnant, contemplating pregnancy, nursing, or have any medical condition.So i was wondering what amount should i take if i can take any at all?This is the protein powder product i bought: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/eas/whey.html
- A: You know the old disclaimer, always consult a physician before starting an exercise program or new diet.Unless there is something wrong with your health he will probably give you the OK.If you are trying to 'bulk up' you will want to consume about 1 gram of protein for every pound of body weight, so if you weigh 120 lbs you should consume 120 grams of protein daily (including protein from the foods you eat).The best protein is whey protein, or consume lots of eggs and lean meats.Yes you should also be drinking plenty of water.
- I'm using iso whey(protein powder)? 15 year old?
- Q: Is this bad? I weight 120lb and i'm 15Calories 130, 0 fat, 31protein, 20 calcium,0 cholesterol, 45 sodium, 125 potassium per serving.(everything else is 0) i mix it with milk.I have fast metabolism, i don't eat sweet or chocolate stuff hate em and i eat fastfood about once a week. If i eat a lot i gain 10 or 15 pound and stay there until i start to eat less then i get back to my usual weight.Trying to gain muscle for footballand i take the protein shake before i workout but that's it because i heard it can cause health problem if you take too much.
- A: Take the protein shake in a small amount about 20 minutes before you workout, like say 5-6 well sized gulps. Then take a fuller, 250 ml (1 cup) glass of it AFTER workout. this is because your body loses protein while working out (why we drink it before) and then needs it, so then takes it from the muscles afterwords. (counter intuitive right?) So, we need to replace the protein used so the body is not taking away from muscles again.About your weight, you are underweight for your age and should not be worrying about trying to lose weight. If your eating properly and gaining 15 pounds, its probably because your body needs that and is gaining muscle. Did you know that muscle is gained during puberty naturally? Also, such weight is gained in organ muscles that you can't even see. If your hindering those muscles, your not doing yourself any good. I imagine after following that and gaining those 15-20 pounds, you will find you won't go further than that. Keep eating lots, seriously I'm in puberty right now and.. well heres what I ate today and its actually my normal right now:breakfast: 1 sandwhich, a generous dollop of chunky almond butter w/ rasberry jam and a banana cut up into it. a glass of milka glass of gingerale (common beverage in my family) before lunch. 2 chocolate cookies1 granola bar, we somehow ended up with 400 of them and I for the life of me can't remember the backstory on that one. :Sdinner: risotto w/ mushrooms, tomatoes, corn, beef stock, chicken thigh cut up into it, peas, white beans, black beans, olives, balsamic vinegar, etc. tomatoes in basil and oil/baslamic vinegar vinegrette. Grapeseed oil is what we use btw.3 pork chops a half inch in width each, about 25 green beans of the wide broad variety.chocolate milk, I tend to have some before bed.and during the day about 5 glasses of water.so ya, I eat a lot right now and so should you I would imagine. Always pay attention to what your body is saying it needs atm and if you get a craving, go for it. You may not know it but your brain kinda keeps a mental association of certain foods with nutrients. For example, my mother gets a craving for chocolate sometimes and will eat tons of it. She found out its because she has a vitamin B12 deficiency and guess what, doctor told her that chocolate is a great way to get B12. She started teh craving 3 months before she found this out.So ya, essentially you need to just make sure you eat generally well. Once a week at a fast food restaurant ain't bad, but if you have a choice in the matter, go to Subway. :) You can't go THAT wrong with all them fresh vegetables in a sub. :D
Prev Question: HOW CAN I REDUCE THE STOMACH AREA
People also view