Are hotdogs bad for you
Hot dogs are not the healthiest food option. They are high in fat, salt and sometimes nitrates. If you really love them, try Hebrew National's ninety seven percent fat free hot dogs instead. ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/are-hotdogs-bad-for-you ]
More Answers to "Are hotdogs bad for you"
- Are hotdogs bad for you?
- Yup, this question always gets a whole lot of emotional answers about hotdogs containing "lips and A--holes" and all sorts of disgusting things, do yourself a favor and disregard these outdated myths. The FDA tightened up the stan...
- Why are hotdogs bad for you?
- They aren't all bad. But most of them have preservatives in them that were never intended to end up in a human body. Read the labels. Most of them list chemicals with words you can't even pronounce. .
- Why are hot dogs bad for you?
- Hotdogs are my favorite food. I get only all beef, and soon I am going to try the "kosher" all beef; Hebrew National. I may be wrong, but I feel quite safe eating the all beef.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Are hotdogs bad for you when pregnant?
- Q: So I keep hearing that hotdogs are bad for you but I thought that was a little odd, and I am trying not to believe it because I want them :D So is it true?
- A: Not at all! They're not overly healthy for you anyway.. but as long as they are cooked there is no problems. I think the concern is eating the hot dogs right out of the package. Because hotdogs already come "cooked" technically you could eat them without cooking them.. but whatever their packaged with is similar to lunch meat.. and could give you listeria.. which is why they say to just make sure you physically heat/cook them. Enjoy them! I know plenty of pregnant people who live on them.. that's what they craved!
- Are hotdogs bad for you?
- Q: Everybody tells me the protien in hotdog is good for you. Everybody else says the protien in them are bad ?????
- A: Yup, this question always gets a whole lot of emotional answers about hotdogs containing "lips and A--holes" and all sorts of disgusting things, do yourself a favor and disregard these outdated myths. The FDA tightened up the standards for the contents of processed meats over a hundred years ago (as a direct result of Upton Sinclair's book "The Jungle"). These days the meats used are good quality, it's only been rejected for other use because the pieces are too small or not quite pretty enough to be a roast or steak etc. And don't let the term "Mechanically Separated Meat" scare you either. Some folks will say this stuff is pure evil, but it's simply meat that has been removed from the bone by a machine rather than by a man with a knife.To, answer your question, the protein in hotdogs is fine. Unfortunately when it comes to the frankfurter, your real concern should be the sodium content, it's VERY high, even with the "lite" varieties (read the labels and you'll find that there's actually very little difference). So, as "Steeler" noted above, moderation is the key. Don't try to break the world record by eating more than 66 hotdogs in 12 minutes and you should be fine.
- How can I clean my stomach from hotdogs, candy, all that bad stuff?
- Q: Someone told me that If you eat all those bad things your stomach gets less vitamins and minerals because all that junk food is stored in your stomach, blocking it, causing poison gases causing a virus killing all the human race and can reach all the universe killing all the aliens. and right now I am drinkings lots of water, what things should I do to clean up my stomach??
- A: colonic irregation
Prev Question: How many calories does a kiwi have
People also view