Where does the word "cancer" come from
The word cancer came from the father of medicine, Hippocrates, a Greek physician. Hippocrates used the Greek words, carcinos and carcinoma to describe tumors, thus calling cancer "karkinos." [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/where-does-the-word-%22cancer%22-come-from ]
More Answers to "Where does the word "cancer" come from"
- What is the german word for 'beautiful woman?'
- "beautiful woman" translates to "Schon Frau" in German. Keep doing the ChaCha!
- Is Gay's the Word being priced out of the marketplace?
- Ain't nothing going on but the rent at the gay bookshop that's being squeezed to death by the council The key player Gay's the Word on Bloomsbury's Marchmont Street, the country's only LBGT book shop, celebrated its 30th anniversary last ye...
- What is microsoft word?
- Microsoft Word is a word processing program that was created by Microsoft. It is one of the most commonly used word processors, and is used for writing letters, papers, and many other things.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does anyone know where I can find a myspace cursor where words follow the cursor where ever it goes?
- Q: The cursor I've seen before looks like a regular one, but has a code where you can make a word or sentence and that phrase will follow the cursor around the page. I'd like one for my myspace page. Does anyone know where I could get the code for one?
- A: You can try this:http://www.hypergurl.com/messagecursor.html
- Where does the word, 'p00f' (meaning a gay male) originate from?
- Q: NO Offense Meant to Anyone!... I just like to work out where words come from. It is interesting to learn that a words we use today once had entirely Different meanings! As an Example;; The word 'Faggott', originated in the logging camps of French-Canada. A 'faggott' was the word they used to describe a Log of timber which was too bent & twisted to get timber from. Such a log had just one use & that was for burning. The word 'Fag' (slang for cigarette) comes from it & means simply little log for burning. ...... And That,,, Is my ONLY interest in asking this question! ...... My sincerest Apologies, to any gay people that this may offend. ..... I'm only trying to track down the Origine of that word, nothing more....EDIT::: When I say 'Originate from' I mean just that. Where did the word come from long before it's use in the 19th or even 18th century? As it comes from 'slang' it would not be found in any dictionary, but perhaps the word or words it came from do. So, Does anyone know? My thinking..... is that it comes from 15th century French?
- A: You are allowed to write it out...poof, or poofter or poove...see it's not censored (unlike :t i t s...little blue birdsb i t c h...female doga s s...donkeyf a g...cigarettef a g g o t....meatballp u s s y....cat)As for the derivation...I don't know.....I'll check your other answers to find out.
- What does "O, but they say the tongues of dying men enforce attention like deep harmony. Where...."?
- Q: "O, but they say the tongues of dying men enforce attention like deep harmony. Where words are scarce, they are seldom spent in vain for they breathe truth that breathe their words - in pain."From William Shakespeare. Can anyone interpret this?
- A: words from a dying person are nothing but true
Prev Question: Where did cancer begin
People also view