What does it mean when you have a mass on your pancreas
A mass on your pancreas generally means you have a foreign body growing on the organ which could be cancerous or just tissue! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-it-mean-when-you-have-a-mass-on-your-pancreas ]
More Answers to "What does it mean when you have a mass on your pancreas"
- What is the meaning of ill defined hypodense mass lesion at head ...?
- my husband has just had an apendicitis. In the CT scan it was found (incidental finding) two hypodense focal massess in the neck of the pancreas that will require follow up (MRI). We are freaking out. What could that mean? is it smething...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Do you think lord bearclaw of griffon woods (user who usually answers vampires questions) answers are to long?
- Q: I mean ya it's informative but who can read that in one sitting.Plus if Lord Bearclaw reads this than I ain't telling you to get rid of your answer, just simplify it.Here's his answer:Here is truth - read and understand. 1. Vampires, defined as a humanoid being that MUST consume blood or energy to survive do not exist. Cut and paste time, as it is too much work to type this out over and over and I "recycle" my own answers instead of retyping them so here goes. A brief discussion of the human digestive system and then the probable vampire population given an exponential growth rate should explain why vampires are not possible. 2. The human body is not designed to process large amounts of blood for nutrition. There is not enough protein, carbohydrates, and fats present in blood to maintain a complex creature such as **** Sapiens or any theorized offshoot mutations. When a human ingests food it is first broken up into a bolus by chewing, then churned up in the stomach with digestive juices to form a mass called chyme. It then passes through the pylorus into the duodenum, part of the small intestine where it mixes with bile salts and secretions from the pancreas and liver which continue breaking it down on a molecular basis, mostly affecting fats at this point. The broken down nutrients pass through the wall of the intestines and into the bloodstream where they are carried to each cell or stored for later use. Indigestible bulk continues through the intestines, turning a dark brown from the bile. Water is absorbed from this mass in the large intestine depending on the needs of the body - a well-hydrated person will usually have a softer stool than a dehydrated person will. Water also enters the bloodstream, and this is what helps to maintain blood pressure. The pressure tends to balance itself in a healthy person because the bloodstream goes through a formation in the kidney called the Loop of Henle, where the narrowing blood vessel forces excess water and cellular waste such as urea out through the cellular wall into the kidneys, where it is excreted through the ureters into the bladder, and then out of the body via the urethral passageway.3. IMPORTANT - A person physically unable to process his own food for nutrition therefore also could not process blood - it's the same process. Ingested blood does not transmit directly to the veins anyway - it would be chemically broken down by the digestive system.4. Theoretical ingestion of blood to supply these nutrients would therefore have to occur at least once a day, and would require the ingestion of the entire blood supply which could not happen as the stomach is far too small to hold that much liquid volume. Hold up your clenched fist - under normal conditions your stomach is about that size. Furthermore, such a mass would be difficult to pass thru the intestines as it has no fibrous bulk, would create an intestinal impaction, causing massive vomiting from the large concentration of iron present, and any "real" vampire would have to eventually expel the waste, which would come out as a black, tarry, smelly goo, just as stool does when blood is present from a upper GI bleed. 5. These humans that affect the whole "vampiric lifestyle" are NOT vampires. They are simply humans playing their own little game, in their own little fantasy world, usually pandering to their own little sexual fetish, which may or may not actually be sexual. I too, play my own little game, in the SCA, but mine is a game where the deeds that I do are determined by the strength of my arm and sword - I am a warrior, with just as much skill and ability as any warrior of ancient times. The difference is that I am claiming to be something physically possible: a warrior, and I prove it everytime I strap on my armor and walk onto a SCA battlefield. The so-called "vampires" are claiming to be something physically impossible: a walking corpse, and all they prove is that black Victorian clothing, a pair of false fangs, and a little makeup make for a good Halloween costume - it does not make you a vampire.6. Even if a vampire feeds once a week, and his victim also becomes a vampire, that is exponential growth, with four iterations a month. First iteration: One makes one, total two. Second iteration: Two make two, total four. Third iteration: Four make four, total eight. Fourth iteration: Eight make eight, total sixteen. 16 vampires at the end of one month, 256 at the end of the second month, 4096 by the end of the third month, 65,536 by the end of the fourth month, 1,048,476 at the end of the fifth, and 33,572,832 vampires at the end of half a year! By way of comparison, there are currently approximately 33 million people who have HIV/AIDS and the disease is a world-wide epidemic. I see people every day in the hospital with AIDS, but never has there been one documented case of a vampire attack. Do the math - vampires are a mathematical impossibility.As for the ide
- A: I DID simplify it. Each point was added as some new wannabee tried to yank my chain with a new "What if?" As for the medical data - you would not believe how simplified it is. I could have went on for three times as long just explaining the intricacy of the digestive system.
- please read, about cancer, if you have advice that would help too.?
- Q: My mom went into the Dr. the other day complaining of stomach cramps. A hospital stay and lots of tests later they found a mass on her pancreas and spots on her liver. Theyre going to get the results of whether it's cancerous or not soon. I pray to God it isn't, you dont know how hard i pray. I didnt ever used to pray, but when shoved face to face with a life threatening illness, you start to. You start to hope, and pray,and wish, and try to make bargins with God. Ill do this or this if you just let her live till old age. Id do anything for her...Anything if it just meant that she would get better. Id take her place if i could.Everyone takes their parents for granted, including me, and i feel like crap for doing so. I used to get so upset with her for trival things, now it doesn't matter. It should of never mattered, i was just to selfish and to big of a bitch to realize it. I dont want to lose her like this. A mom is supposed to help plan your wedding, help decorate your house, and help name your grandchildren, and make life just a little more difficult in between.All i can think about now is going home and taking care of my family, not study stupid chemistry! If i could i would withdraw from all my classes and start at henry ford next semester, or wayne state or whereever, it wouldnt matter as long as i was close to home. Look up Pancreatic cancer and see what you find, and tell me you wouldnt be scared too.So i guess the point to this note was to ask anyone reading it please put my mother in your thoughts. Say a prayer, make a wish, do anything. I dont care if youre not religious, i wasnt really untill now. Ill do anything for a miracle. Please
- A: Hey calm down.There are many ways to treat pancreatic cancer other than medicines.Why don't u try natural treatment.They cause no side effects,unlike medicines.Go check a natural health food product called NCD--Natural Cellular Defense--which was released in August 2005 in USA.It's still very new so many poeple don't know it yet.However,doctors have proved its amazing ability.They offered NCD treatments to about 75 different types of cancer patients including brain cancers,lungs cancers,kidney cancers,breast cancers.They were waiting for death after negative responses to surgeries and other common medical treatments.But then this NCD was a miracle to them.After taking the thing for about 2 to 3 months,65 of these patients have fully recovered from their cancers and this shocked the medical history for nothing other than medicines can have such a high curing rate--about 80 to 90 %--even higher than the most advanced medicines nowadays. In Hong Kong where i live,there r uncountable cases of cancer patients who have recovered from or have great improvement on cancer.This NCD can cure all types of cancers.It's in fact a mineral substance emmitted from the volcanoes so it's 100%natural.There was a woman in St.Mary Hospital HK who had 4 types of cancers at the same time and was about to die after useless surgeries and harmful treatments that caused her dry mouth,loss of hair,weak bones that can snap every moment she walks and of coz great pain.She was then introduced to NCD.After about 3 months,she felt no pain anymore.Later,the medical report shocked the doctors by showing 87 % of her cancer cells were killed. Yep that's it,u can check online about NCD or u can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime u like so i can help u and ur mother like i've been doing to my family and friends.^_^God bless you.
- A question about tumors--masses.?
- Q: They found a mass on my grandpa's pancreas. They found it when he went to the hospital a couple weeks ago, and he saw his doctor a few days later, and there was already a change. They are doing a biopsy 2/15. The only thing my grandma could remember that the doctor said, was something about being massitized??? I know this is not how you spell it...but, that's the way it sounded. Does anybody know what that means? And if you can tell me what are the chances of this being pancreatic cancer (even if it is just your opinion, based upon experience)? I couldn't be there with her at the doctors appointment, so I wasn't there to ask more questions. Also, he had cancer 7 years ago, and had his kidney removed.....but, has been in remission. Thank you for your answers, I just want to prepare myself, and at this point I am thinking the worse.
- A: Metastasizing means that the cancer has moved from the original cancer site to another place in the body. Try this website for a more detailed explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metastasis
Prev Question: What are the effects of dipping
People also view