Can smoking cigarettes cause thyroid cancer
Studies show a lower risk in thyroid cancer amongst smokers. Smokers tend to have lung cancer, mouth cancer, bladder cancer, cancer of the food pipe (oesophageal cancer), cervical cancer and stomach cancer. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-smoking-cigarettes-cause-thyroid-cancer ]
More Answers to "Can smoking cigarettes cause thyroid cancer"
- Can you get thyroid cancer from smoking cigarettes?
- No, but you can get lung cancer from smoking cigarettes. ChaCha~
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do I get a doctor to admit me into the hospital and MAKE them figure out what's wrong with me?
- Q: Hi all ... I'm a 32 year old male 5'1 and only 90lbs! I have a history of throat cancer (age 7 - its gone now) ... but the side effects of the treatments seemed to have turned my life upside down ... I have an underactive thyroid, stopped growing early, i have major digestive problems (trouble swallowing, aspirating (liquid drips in my lungs slowly), lack saliva, need a drink with every bite, acid reflux, ripped a hole in esopagus in early 20s, had 3 ulcer in past (age 8,18 n 23 about)), I even have phobias about eating (dont liek peopel watching me choke down my food), lost all my teeth by age 24, lost 2/3 of my hearing, ... plus in the last 2 years to my anxiety and panic attacks seem to happen almost daily ...Between all my eating problems and my anxiety issues ... I trip out daily feeling light headed, cold all the time, sore, dizzy, numb, constantly tired, chest pains ... I spend lots of time during my panic attacks trying to do relaxation breathing, warming myself with blankets and heating pad, reading comic books to stop me from thinking, doing slow stretches and exercises ... all in the attempt to calm my brain from thinking that I might be having a heart attack or a stroke (but I am not in the high risk categories I am told -- although I do smoke cigarettes - yah I got to quit) ...When I start to feel 1 or 2 minor symptoms from 4 or 5 different problems ... my brain seems to think it's something worse happening to me ... for example could have a the chills (from underactive thyroid), headache (from smoking), sore back (from a bad night sleep), chest pains (from heart burn), dizzy (from not eating enough) ... all at once ... each problem BY ITSELF is very treatable ... but when you feel all 5 at once your brain goes into this OH MY GAWD WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME MODE?If youre thinking the answer is "EAT MORE" ... it's NOT that simple ... eating is a torturous task for me and I do not enjoy any of it ... from chewing, to swallowing, to digesting ... it all cause me greif and pain ... I;m told for my height/weight I need 1800 calories a day ... on average I might get 1500 (some days I have as few as 800 and other up to 3000 - my fears n phobias about eating/choking prevent me from wanting to eat some days)That topped off with the daily panic attacks ... just makes me fear that my body is going to just stop working on me one day .... I DON'T WANT THAT ... I want to live a happier, healthier life ... I need help getting my doctor to realize that these are EVERYDAY things I feel and deal with ... and I am struggling to control and maintain them enough so that I can function in life ... I;ve tried anti depressants to - my body reacts badly to them - I am tired of the take this med home and see if it helps answers ... I wanna be locked in a dam hospital for 4-6 weeks and have someone figure what is really wrong with me .... PLEASE any comments or help would be greatly appreciated ... Thanks for your time !!(PS I live in Canada, so medical coverage is not an issue - it more getting the doctor to listen to my WHOLE story and see that it is possible for someone as young as me to have too many health issues to cope with)
- A: *hugs* Do you have records of your healthcare? Just take it to him and he'll look at it and will be more willing to believe you. Also get a second, third, fourth opinion. Eventually, a doctor will listen. I live in Canada too :) Thank God for free healthcare!
Prev Question: Is it true that every man at some point in there life will get prostate cancer
People also view