What procedure has to be done when a woman has a miscarriage
A:D&C, also known as dilation and curettage, is a surgical procedure often performed after a first trimester miscarriage. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-procedure-has-to-be-done-when-a-woman-has-a-miscarriage ]
More Answers to "What procedure has to be done when a woman has a miscarriage"
- What procedure has to be done when a woman has a miscarriage?
- D&C, also known as dilation and curettage, is a surgical procedure often performed after a first trimester miscarriage . ChaCha!
- Why are women given D&C procedure if they have not miscarriag...?
- My cycle would state on for fifteen days. There are some months I would not come on at all. Share Anonymous User Asked Apr 22, 2010 Edited Apr 22, 2010 Report abuse Add comment Your Answer: TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, ple...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Pregnancy after miscarriage? Advice?
- Q: Hi allWonder if anyone can help advise or support? I had a missed miscarriage two weeks ago, went into hospital two weeks ago yesterday for an evacuation of my womb done under anaesthetic. The nurse who discharged me told us that there was no reason we could not try for another baby as soon as I felt up to it. I waited until the bleeding stopped after a few days then me and my partner resumed having sex. To be honest it felt like a very natural thing to be doing, we have made love at least once if not twice a day for the last 10 days. I was told that I could expect to have another period in about 4-6 weeks time after the procedure, and that I might ovulate after 2 weeks but may not ovulate at all. To be honest we're not really actively trying , just felt happy to start having sex again and see what happened. I realise that it might take time to get pregnant again. The last couple of days however, I have felt a bit of indigestion and a bit queasy. Today I was making lunch for us both and I was starving hungry. I washed some salad from a bag and put some mackeral on a plate, then I suddenly felt a hideous revulsion to the food and my mouth filled with saliva. I continued to feel like my mouth was filling with spit and I had to empty it by spitting, I also felt okay to eat the rest of my lunch but for some reason the salad really gave me the shivers and I couldn't touch it. I've also gone off sex big time and have been peeing a lot. This feels to me like I felt when I was very soon pregnant. So I guess my question is this...Is it possible to conceive so soon after a miscarriage, one where you have had surgery to remove the tissue from your womb? How could I have ovulated so quick? Also, I realise a pregnancy test may be no good as would I still have HcG in my blood from the previous pregnancy?Any help or true stories would be great. I am just interested - if I'm not pregnant I will be okay, we plan to try for a baby for as long as it takes. I have been taking folic acid just in case as I was on it anyway and I hadn't been drinking or smoking so I guess my body was quite healthy to conceive. Plus we have been going at it like the clappers.Has anyone got pg so soon after a MC? Could I be getting symptoms so quick? The nurse did tell me that a woman is very fertile after a MC or a birth.Thank you everyone.XXX
- A: Believe it or not, I had 9 miscarriages before I had my baby girl. I always got pregnant very quickly after each one.So yep, it is definitely possible to be pregnant already - you are ironically quite fertile as the hormones have prepared your uterus already.HCG may show up on a pregnancy test for about 2 weeks after a birth/miscarriage/abortion, so you should be able to do one now and have it be accurate. If it is positive, I would do another one in a week or so just to double check.You could go to your doc for a blood test - it's the most accurate way of detecting pregnancy, and can tell you if your HCG levels are going up (ie. pregnant) or low (from the m/c).Symptoms can be this early, I got symptoms when I was 4 weeks pregnant, before I even got the positive test!Good luck, and well done for being so brave - I know how you feel.
- help me with my paper, its my final exam?
- Q: Abortion is currently one of the most controversial topics in our society. Many people believe it should be banned from our country, and others believe the decision should be left with the mother. People who support abortions are called pro-choice, and people who oppose abortions are called pro-life. One of the most important debates that centers on abortion is when a fetus is considered a human, and if abortion should be a woman’s choice. The fight between pro-life and pro-choice supporters has been long and heated, but the fact remains that abortion aggressively kills an innocent life and negatively affects a woman’s mental health.In America, thousands of murders never reach the courtroom because they are legal. Not only does abortion kill the baby, but also it affects the mother’s mental health. One study conducted by Finland’s National Research and Development Center for Welfare and Health revealed that in the year following pregnancy, women who had had an abortion had a suicide rate six times higher than that of women who had given birth, and double that of women who had had miscarriages. (Abortion’s Effects on Women’s Lives 1)Even if the mother decides to accept the consequences of her actions, she is still killing her baby. No precautions are taken to prevent the unborn from feeling the torture caused by abortion procedures. Abortion is the killing of a living human by means of poison, chemical burning, dismemberment, and a lethal injection to the heart. (Synon, 112). There are many methods of abortion, all of them depending on the stage of pregnancy and the size of the fetus. One of the procedures done at the earliest weeks of development is called suctions aspiration. In this procedure, a hollow tube with a knife-edged tip is connected to a vacuum suction and is inserted into the mother’s womb. The vacuum is said to be much more powerful than a household vacuum. No precautions are taken to abort the baby in a pain free manner. People who support abortions argue that an abortion should be a woman’s choice, and making it illegal takes away from her reproductive rights (Phil, 23). Pro-choice supporters believe a woman who was sexually assaulted should be able to abort her baby. A woman can give her child up for adoption if she decides she does not want it. The mother will not have to live with the guilt of killing her child, and the baby will be able to live its life.A mother should definitely think twice before she decides to lose her baby. Abortion is a lose-lose situation for the mother, the baby, and a prospective couple that wants to adopt. The baby loses its life, the mother will have to live with the fact that she killed her baby, and the couple will lose by not fulfilling their dream of raising a child. Abortion should never be an option for a pregnant woman.WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?
- A: looks good to me
- Miscarriage - What are my chances? POINTS TO BEST ANSWER!!!?
- Q: Hello Everyone - Thank you for reading.My fiance and I have been TTC'ing for 2 months. On the 2nd month, I found out I was pregnant. This Saturday, I was told I would have to have a medical abortion, as the fetus is unhealthy. I have been crying my eyes out in disbelief, hurt, and even anger. I can't stop crying it is all I think about. The emotional pain is unbearable. I have to go in tomorrow at 8:45am to have the procedure. I have always heard a woman should wait 3 months before trying again. However, I do not want to wait. The feeling that I had when I found I was pregnant was so much joy, I cannot even explain this to you. I know I must wait until at least the end of my first "full" cycle. However, if I get pregnant sooner than the 3 months, would that make my chances of MC that much higher? I have heard stories of women who have had successful pregnancies immediately after. Can some women here enlighten me on this subject? I can't believe that I have to go through this, and I know in my heart that I want a child so very bad. I do not want to wait the 3 months. Also, is it true that I may not get my next full cycle for months? I don't want to get on birth control (obviously) so I will not use that to regulate my period.I appreciate all of the answers that will be given here. Thank you so much in advance.**Baby Dust TO you ALL INCLUDING ME*****EDIT*** To answer the question below, I have no choice! :( It is an eptopic pregnancy. Believe me, I prayed my mind to all goodness hoping it was something my body could work through, but it is not.I appreciate all of the answers here, and respect that most people are being honest. I think with some time, I will understand the importance of waiting the 3 months. I'm just very emotional right now. I don't know if I said this above, but I am 6 weeks along.
- A: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Do you think that after all of this pain you are going through that you'd want to do it again? You should wait the three months to give your baby the best chance you can. Your child and you deserve the best chances at a healthy life. So have some control and wait; do it for the baby. Don't rely on luck, because it worked for someone else.
Prev Question: Is it possible for a fetus to survive miscarriage
People also view