What is the normal blood pressure a man should have
While everyone is different the normal blood pressure is about 120/80 or below. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-normal-blood-pressure-a-man-should-have ]
More Answers to "What is the normal blood pressure a man should have"
- What is normal blood pressure for men?
- Normal blood pressure for a man would depend on what the range the physician would want it in. Most physicians would want a man's blood pressure to be 70 over 110.
- What is normal blood pressure for 36 year old man?
- Normal blood pressure is said to be 120 over 80. The higher figure being the Systolic and the lower the Diastolic. As you become older the systolic becomes raised and they used to say it should be somewhere near 100 plus your age, so a 40 y...
- Is 134 over 74 normal blood pressure for a 58 yr old man??
- If you pressure is 134 over 74 go to the doctors and ask for a rectal checkup
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- high-ish systolic normal diastolic blood pressure in a young man?
- Q: For several years now my blood systolic blood pressure has been a little high, usually in the 130-140 range. My diastolic is always in the 78-80 range.I'm a 27 year old male; never smoked, don't drink coffee, rarely drink alcohol. I'm 6'3" 200 lbs in okay physical shape.Is the BP anything I should be worried about and if so what are possible causes?
- A: Hi Josh, your BP is a bit high for your age. Your BMI is high too. You should do more exercise to lose weight and decrease salt intake, this will help lowering your BP.Causes: 90% cases Dr don't know the cause. They called it essential hypertension. Other known causes would cause your BP to be higher than this.
- I might have POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia), does that also effect blood pressure?
- Q: Hi : )I have been having a rapid heart increase upon standing for about 6 months now. The heart rate raises from 20 to 30 beats upon standing just about every time I stand.It also seems to race while laying down just after I roll over after having been asleep. It does that every time, I roll over from one side to the other and it jumps 20 to 30 beats and then goes down after about 10 seconds back to normal which is about 60 beats while laying down.My heart rate also goes way up and stays up when I am in the sun and it also goes up while I am in a hot shower. When in the sun or a hot shower it goes all the way up between 140 and 160 beats per minute.While those sound to me like POTS, I am uncertain about the blood pressure. I know you are supposed to take your blood pressure while sitting down, but it is when I am standing that I feel the symptoms so I take it while standing on numerous occasions and it is always high(at least I think it is, can you please tell me?).While I am standing and I take it it is pretty much consistent at 143/87 and the pulse is between 75 and 88 each time.Occasionally the second number (Diastolic) is 90, 91, 92 and on rare occasions (about three times) I have taken it and the Diastolic is between 144/100 and 146/106 and the pulse was 86.Sometimes drinking a lot of water seems to help keep my heart rate normal so I can stand without it jumping so high, sometimes.If you could please answer a few questions?First question is, does this sound like POTS or what does it sound like?And second is does POTS raise blood pressure like what I am explaining I have?I was just in the shower with my Dad because I take care of him and shower him and I had an episode and it really scared me.I felt my heart acting funny so I felt my wrist for my pulse and I felt my heart just go thump, and then about three seconds later it started to beat really fast and then after about 4 seconds it went "thump" and the again about three seconds later it just took off racing again.I got out of the shower and got my Dad safe and took my blood pressure and it was 163/96 pulse 97.I take it with an "Omron" blood pressure monitor and I have had it calibrated at the doctors office and it is always correct in its readings.When I lay down at night my blood pressure and heart rate is always really good, I take it in the lying down position and it is always like 106/55 and the pulse between 55 and 65 consistently.When I take it sitting down during the day I take it right after sitting down. I know you are supposed to wait a while but I like to watch the transition from first sitting down and how fast it "normalizes".So, when I do take it right after sitting down it is always about 143/87 pulse can vary between 70 and 90 and then each time I take it within the next 2 minutes, taking it one right after the other, it goes down each time to about 115/65 up to 121/78.Can anyone shed any light on any tests I should have done?I have already had a ct, a treadmill, a tomography an echo and a nuclear test and nothing has turned up.The doctor did say he saw something in the nuclear test pictures but he couldn't tell if it was something or not, he said the results he saw in the pictures were unequivocal explaining it could be something or it might be the picture. He said if he was a betting man he would bet it was nothing.He said we could do an angiogram and that would really tell, but I haven't done the angiogram yet because it sounded invasive and I wanted to read up on it.He said an angiogram would tell if there was blockage or not and that if there was he could put a medicated stent in there.Should I have the stent or have bypass surgery if there is blockage?I am having a tilt table test tomorrow to see if it is POTS or if any other results show from that test.I did smoke for many years and quit 8 years ago.Unfortunately I also chewed tobacco for 20 years which I only quit 6 months ago. I had tests for cancer in the throat, nose and mouth and don't have it there or anywhere elseMy teeth are in bad shape and I have several cavities and my front tooth does feel like it is infected and I am having all of the cavities and the infected tooth pulled after the tilt table test.Could my bad teeth be making my heart race and my blood pressure jump? They are pretty bad and the front one actually has an odor to it now.I have been afraid to go to the dentist because the last time I had a tooth pulled the dentist broke a large piece of my jawbone which is why I have un-fixed teeth.I AM going now no matter what to get my teeth fixed.I was having PSVT symptoms before I quit chewing which is what made me quit chewing in the first place, but now that I quit chewing the sudden onset of PSVT like symptoms don't occur anymore.I am afraid that I have damaged the interior walls of my arteries from the constant tobacco chewing and they don't have the elasticity (Like exercise hypertension), ifI was awake I had a dip in for over 20 years.I'm really sorry for writing so much here.I'm only 40 years old, I don't smoke(anymore), don't chew(anymore) or drink or do drugs, I weigh 195 and am 6'1 tall and I take care of my Dad who has Parkinson's and my Mother too and they really count on me. I want to have all the info I can so I can treat this if possible whatever it is so I don't leave them alone with no one to take care of them, plus I don't want to die :(Please, helping with any answers would make me feel better so that I have more information to ask the questions I should or if this is a common experience for people who have pots.Heartfelt thanks for anyone who responds to my question : )
- A: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (often referred to as just postural tachycardia syndrome or POTS) is a condition of dysautonomia, and more specifically, orthostatic intolerance, in which a change from the supine position to an upright position causes an abnormally large increase in heart rate, called tachycardia. This is often, but not always, accompanied by a fall in blood pressure. Most POTS patients will see symptom improvement over the course of several years. Those who develop POTS in their early to mid teens during a period of rapid growth will most likely see complete symptom resolution by their mid twenties. Patients with post-viral POTS will also usually improve greatly or see a full symptom resolution. Adults who develop POTS, especially women during or after pregnancy, usually see milder improvement and can be plagued with their condition for life. Rarely, a teenager who develops POTS will gradually worsen overtime and have lifelong symptoms. Patients with secondary POTS as a consequence of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome will also usually struggle with symptoms for life. Recovered individuals do complain of occasional, non-debilitating recurrence of symptoms associated with autonomic dysfunction including dizzy spells, lightheartedness, flushing, transient syncope, and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Tachycardia is often, but not always, accompanied by a fall in blood pressure. Take care as always!
- Normal 39 week pregnancy symptoms?
- Q: This morning I woke up and my fingers were a little swollen...I couldnt get my engagment ring off my finger. I looked down and my feet are a bit swollen, too. These past days I have been sooo uncomfortable. Cant sleep at night..Up until now Ive had a very blessed pregnancy with not too much discomfort. but man, these past few days have been rough! I can barely move, my body kinda aches, and Ive been getting some serious leg cramps and back pain in bed. I havent had any problems with blood pressure, and they check my urine at almost every appointment. ( However, at my 38 week appointment they did say that my fluids were a bit high and theyre gonna give me another ultrasound and nst on monday)..but what does this all mean? Are these normal pregnancy symptoms? Does it just mean my babys on her way? Should I call the doctor? I know that the swelling is a normal pregnancy symptom, but could it be preclampsia? Maybe Im just worrying too much, but what do ya'll think?
- A: Its pretty normal, but it could be signs of preclampsia. Try to move around a bit to get the fluids moving and if the swelling doesn't go down you should definitely call your doctor because they might want to induce.
Prev Question: What do they do to you at pre op
People also view