What are you supposed to do if you have a miscarriage
A:If you think you may have had a miscarriage, your doctor may use a number of terms to explain what has happened: If a..MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-you-supposed-to-do-if-you-have-a-miscarriage ]
More Answers to "What are you supposed to do if you have a miscarriage"
- What are you supposed to do if you have a miscarriage
- If you think you may have had a miscarriage, your doctor may use a number of terms to explain what has happened: If a..MORE?
- Is you period supposed to stop and start after a miscarriage??
- Ok. I have had a total of four miscarriages. So, I can tell you that it is very normal. However, you should be concerned if the bleeding becomes extremely heavy or if you have any heavy cramping. Usually, there is light to no cramping and t...
- Are symptoms supposed to stop RIGHT after miscarriage??
- It could take up to a few weeks for all your symptoms to go away because your hormone levels will take time to drop back to normal. For this reason even if you have had a miscarriage a pregnancy test will still show up positive.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Could I still be pregnant?
- Q: Ok earlier this week I thougth I was going through a miscarriage. I went to the hospital and the doctor was really confused. He did a pelvic exam and said that my cervix is closed which would normally mean pregnancy. I also had a blood test. He said that there was pregnancy hormone in it but not enough to say that im pregnant but he did say that I either had the miscarriage or it was too early in the pregnancy to get an accurate reading. About my pelvic exam He said that either my miscarriage happened several days before which would be impossible because i just started having the supposed miscarriage that day or he said that my pregnancy is so early on that you can't tell but my symptoms lead to a possible miscarriage. I started out spotting then it got sort of heavy but not heavy like my periods (which aren't really very heavy to begin with) and have had really light spotting since. Just enough to see when I wipe. I am baffled and so was the doctor. I honestly don't know what to think. Should I wait a week and test to see if I am still pregnant because I am really confused by this. I am still having some pregnancy symptoms like sore nipples and tender breasts, nausea, dizziness, headaches. The doc told me that the hormone drops extremely quickly after having a miscarriage so symptoms should go away quickly but are actually staying the same if not worse. I am supposed to get another pelvic exam on monday but i am really confused as to what is going on. Thanks in advance.I tested yesterday afternoon an hour after I went to the bathroom so I don't think I got an accurate reading but it was negative, but I am so confused. I still have the sore nipples and nausea and headaches and frequent urination. It is driving me crazy. I guess I will know for sure monday.
- A: Could be implantation spotting...Or you need to take it easy you might be on the verge of a miscarriage. I think you are still pregnant...same thing happen 2 me with my last pregnancy. I went 2 ER had an ultrasound & a pelvic exam done. I was told to wait a week then have another ultrasound done b/c it was either earlyer than 6wks or i had already miscarried. I still had symptoms of being pregnant...went bk 1wk later had blood drawn & ultrasound I was still pregnant. Good Luck!
- How do you know if you have a miscarriage-what are you suppose to do after you have miscarried?
- Q: I am exactly 9 wks and last week i started bleeding. The bleeding is just as if I'm in my period and has been going on for 3 days. Could this be a sign of a miscarriage? How do i know if i have one?
- A: This could be a miscarrage BUT the best way to find out is to see a doctor. Also watch for abdominal pain(worse than a period),vomitting, fever,nausea. This could also be what is called Implantation , that's when the embryo is implanting itself onto your uterus. Best way again, is to check w/ your OB/GYN.
- nausea, fatigue, upper-mid abdominal pain, slight headache?
- Q: nausea, fatigue, upper-mid abdominal pain, slight headache?early november i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and soon started feeling nauseas mainly everyday around 2:00pm sometimes early in the morning sometimes late at night. i felt pretty tired all the time and had a craving for foods i normally would not eat. my whole body felt different. at the same time that i was feeling very fatigued and kind of sick sometimes i felt wonderful. i had spotting and then i had my period late but barely at all. i have no doubt in my mind i was pregnant but i took a few home urine tests that all came up negative (i took these before my strangely light period). a few weeks later, all symptoms pointing to early pregnancy stopped abruptly and i started having severe pain in my ovaries like menstrual cramps worse than i have ever had before and there was a lot of blood and tissue/clot-like material. i felt fine after that night but then maybe a week later my boyfriend and i were having protected sex and the condom broke so we went to get an emergency contraceptive (morning after pill). they gave me another urine test and told me i wasn't pregnant. a couple weeks later i had my period early and (don't think i'm gross) but i somehow left a tampon in for about a week and when i found it, i also found the end of the condom that broke. that's when i started getting really sick, but not at first. that was a couple months ago. i went to the doctor just the other week, (but haven't mentioned anything about the condom because i just flat forgot although i did tell of everything else) and he told me he thought i had gastritis. he gave me antibiotics for it and told me if it didn't make me better by the end of the weekend to go to the emergency room because he thought it could be my appendix or toxic shock. i felt a little better after taking the medicine but one night after the weekend i felt significantly worse than ever. i went to the hospital and they told me i had a bladder infection and a yeast infection. they gave me medicine and i began to feel better. now (about 2-3 weeks later) i feel terrible. last night i had pain that wasn't so much terrible pain as it was very uncomfortable and severe nausea. it was as if i was having a panic attack on top of being sick. none of the forementioned doctors seemed to pay much attention to the fact that i possibly was pregnant and may have miscarried???? i know i'm not crazy. how did our ancestors know they were pregnant before we had all these tests and stuff? i am just wondering what is going on with me or what kind of doctor i should go to. it seems i have been disregarded by the latter and my health is suffering because of it. i can not afford to go to another doctor who is not going to be able to help me. im not sure if the supposed pregnancy/miscarriage had anything to do with any of the symptoms i am now feeling but if anyone knows anything about this or has been through the same thing please let me know. thank you!if it helps to know: i am 20 and i am std free. (i got tested at the hospital) i am a vegetarian, eating chicken only on occasion, and i eat pretty healthy. i don't however drink as much water as i should. maybe that has something to do with it. its not that im drinking other things. i only drink juice and water, but i just probably don't stay hydrated enough.also, the thought of food grosses me out. i know that i am hungry and even if its something i would normally like, it grosses me out. and there seems to be a nasty taste in my mouth i guess. i think about food and i feel like i need to brush my teeth.
- A: It could be a combination of things. It could be due to recovery from a miscarriage, plus toxic shock and a bacterial infection from the tampon and broken condom. I would seriously consider going to a different doctor. Your body has gone through a lot in a short period of time. Tell this doctor everything that has been going on and see what he or she thinks. I hope it all works out for you and that you feel better soon.
Prev Question: What should you do to avoid a miscarriage
People also view