Do you have to get a 'd and c' when you have a miscarriage
A:D&C for miscarriage may be done to stop bleeding. Other forms of handling a miscarriage are medication or nothing at all (natural) [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-you-have-to-get-a-%27d-and-c%27-when-you-have-a-miscarriage ]
More Answers to "Do you have to get a 'd and c' when you have a miscarriage"
- Do you have to get a 'd and c' when you have a miscarriage
- D&C for miscarriage may be done to stop bleeding. Other forms of handling a miscarriage are medication or nothing at all (natural)
- Do you always have to get a D&C after a miscarriage??
- I dont think so. I think the further along you are the more likely you'll need one, but I dont think its always necessary
- Is it possible to get pregnant right after a miscarriage and D&...?
- I had a missed miscarriage and d and e (vacuum, instead of cutteridge) in January. My Dr said that we could try again right away. I researched a lot online. Many online forums say that several people get pregnant and have a healthy pregnanc...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why have a D&C when you've never been pregnant and you skip periods?
- Q: Went to the Dr. had all kinds of test to find out why I have NOT gotten pregnant, I'm over 35 yrs. old. Just married 3yrs ago. I have skip periods all my life. Had a HSG the Dr. thinks he saw a fibroid, when the HSG was performed my period was on then so he's not sure. He wants to do a D&C, I DO NOT want to have this procedure, because I think this will not better my chances of pregnancy. In fact it might hinder it. Is my thinking right, this has been bothering me. I'm not trying to have a hysterectomy. I'm trying to have a BABY. D&C's are for women who bleed heavy and have had miscarriages. I've Never been pregnant never. My periods come every other month. Please if anyone can give me sound advice please help. I have been praying so much I think I'm worrying the Lord.My sister is so negative, well if you have to have a hysterectomy its better that you live and not die. I understand that but I don't see the point of a D&C, not in my case. Thanks for listening. God Bless Everyone.
- A: Dilation and curettage (D&C) is a procedure that involves scraping or suctioning away the lining of the uterus. It is considered a safe and routine procedure. D&C can be used to detect fibroids. That seems to be the most likely reason your physician is recommending the procedure now. I'm not a doctor, so I won't begin to attempt to tell you whether or not a D&C is appropriate for you, but my recommendation would be to ask your physician to inform you very clearly as to why he or she feels the procedure is necessary. If you don't feel comfortable with the answer you're given, seek a second opinion from another physician.I wish you the best of luck in conceiving a healthy, happy baby, and always remember that if it doesn't happen for you there are a lot of wonderful children in this world who need loving parents too. Hope everything works out well for you.
- Miscarriage... could I be infertile?
- Q: In October of 2007, I began bleeding violently after having missed my period for two weeks. I had to actually look back at the calender because I didn't even notice I missed my period then. I realized that I could have been pregnant and came to the realization that I MAY have had a miscarriage, but it was so early that I thought maybe I was just having heavy irregular bleeding. I didn't see a doctor because thought he pain was very great and bleeding was somewhat heavy and prolonged (about 3 weeks)... I didn't think it was life threatening. I did not know about d&c's and I know many of you will bash me for not going to the doctor, but I'm still alive 2 years later.I didn't go to the doctor, but 2 months AFTER this episode, something happened while I was in the shower. I had already had one normal period after that "episode" and this was the next after that. My period had been over with for a few days, and in the shower, a little "item" about 1.5 to 2 inches long came out of me when I was washing my "under areas". I looked at it and was so confused, it was just weird.I sat it on the corner of the shower and finished bathing and then came out and looked at it. When I came out of the shower, I held it and it smelled very bad. I began to examine it and realized that it was an embryo. I suddenly started crying.. I was curious but still felt an overwhelming sadness.Since then, a year later I came off birthcontrol and started having unprotected sex a year later with no regard to my cycle and I've never been pregnant since. I was left by that boyfriend (my first sexual partner in my life, ya big heartbreak, lemme tell ya) that led to the missed pregnancy (we had been together for like a year and a half). I remained single for about 10 months then met the person I now call my fiance. He is amazing.. and we have not used birth control or condoms but rely loosely on the "pull-out" method. We are not afraid of getting pregnant if it happens.. however. Some nights I get very very sad and wonder if I will ever be able to get pregnant. I feel like something about that embryo staying in my body for 2 months (even though I had normal periods) has caused some kind of infertility. I never became sick, I never went to the hospital, I didn't even feel anything abnormal at all... I have normal regular periods to this day, and I have ovulation symptoms mid cycle exactly when I should be ovulating.It's like that pregnancy happened so easily without me even trying.. we only failed to use a condom one time. And I think that ONE time was all it took to get pregnant. And now, sometimes I wonder, with all this unprotected sex.. pull out or not pulling out... I just get very sad. and wonder if it scarred me some how :( Do any of you have any input? (I know this was a lot, but I've been thinking about it for 2 years now)
- A: well last time i went to the doctor she told me after you have a miscarriage you can get pregnant real fast i had 3 of them and til this day i ask the same question i know how sad it is and heartbreaking it is to wonder but i think you will get a beautiful baby baby dust to you a little tip if you want to get pregnant try having sex after your period goes off it sounds to me like you are not infertile but the birth control you were taking however long you may have been on it is still somehow in your system and never fully got out i know because some birth control can take 18 months to 3 years to fully let your body get back to normal i may be pregnant now do not worry or stress things you will have a baby and it will look cute glad you finally found a man who loves you best wishes and happy holidays oh and hey maybe you will get pregnant for christmas that will be a nice gift
- What are the chances?
- Q: Hi there, ladiesI just found out that I am pregnant... for the THIRD time this year. I miscarried once in March at 13 weeks and again in June at 9.5 weeks. Both were due to blighted ovum. I have no living children.I obviously do not have a difficult time GETTING pregnant -- as you can see I have gotten pregnant almost immediately after both miscarriages (I had D&C's for both, btw). It's STAYING pregnant that I can't seem to do.Anyway -- my question is: what are the chances of having a third blighted ovum? My doctor had initially told me that the chances of me having a second were practically non-existent, but it happened... so I am reluctant to believe him when he says it will not happen again.Have any of you had a miscarriage due to a b/o? How about consecutive blighted ovums? Or heard of anyone who has? And if so, have you (or they) gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?Thank you in advance!To the gal who suggested we wait a while -- we certainly will wait if we have another miscarriage. We have always wanted a family, but I am actually in the military and my unit is deploying next month, so (admittedly) that is why we have tried right away after each miscarriage (and both times, my doctor gave me the thumbs up). Don't misunderstand my words -- we wanted a family LONG before we knew about the deployment -- it just gave us that extra push :] Either way, I am not deploying now. But I still do not want to lost another baby...
- A: I had a miscarriage in May(this year) & another yesterday. At my dr. appt. today the dr. said to wait two more cycles and try again because 3 miscarriages are less commen & if that happened she would do further testing. I know how you feel! It's so hard. I havn't heard of what you have,but how did you find that out? Is there a test i can request? sorry i'm no help to you,but you had two miscarriages like me so i thought i'd reach out. You can email me if you want and if you don't mind at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prev Question: What point do most miscarriages happen
People also view