What is the average healing time for a tattoo
The normal healing time for a tattoo is two to four weeks. Do not pick or scratch your tattoo. Flaking or peeling is a natural part of the healing process. Do not soak your tattoo during healing. That means no baths, hot tubs or pools. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-average-healing-time-for-a-tattoo ]
More Answers to "What is the average healing time for a tattoo"
- What is the healing time of a tattoo?
- Depending on the size anwhere from 1 - 2 weeks it wont take less than a week to be [ completley healed ] you can ask any tattoo artist DO NOT keep vaseline on it. Vaseline is used when they are done to prevent oozing after that you should u...
- Can you shave your leg after the 2 weeks healing tattoo time??
- You can shave after the healing process is done. Everyone heals differently, so you might heal slower or faster than the average 2 weeks. If your tat is still peeling and scabbing, you can't shave. If it's done healing and you just have the...
- What should I avoid during the healing time for a tattoo?
- Things to avoid are submerging your tattoo in water, exposure to the sun, tight fitting clothing, and scented lotions or bodywashes.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is the average healing time for a tattoo?
- Q: I just got a tat, but while doing the out-line part of the stencil rubbed off & I have to get it finished. It's a 5x7 on my back. I was just wondering what the average healing time is for a tat...Anyone know?
- A: it veires between 1 week to2 i got i tiny heart on my hip and that took 1 week if you put baby oil on it every night it heals up faser
- Tattoo healing time for a picture?
- Q: I am wondering (on average) how long it takes for a tattoo to heal, to a point where it looks good. I realize it may take a long time to fully heal. However, i am wanting to get some pictures done for my fiance for a wedding gift, and i would love the tattoo (his name) to be in the picture. I know it will vary with the person, but provided i take excellent care of it, how long till it would look good in a picture? Thanks!
- A: Plan on at least 2 weeks.
- What is the longest amount of time it takes for a tattoo to heal?
- Q: And what is the average amount of time that it usually takes to heal? I got mine just about four weeks ago and it still doesn't seem to be healed/have settled colours etc.
- A: How long tattoos can take to heal primarily depends on the part of the body it's on. But generally all tattoos should be fully healed in about 3-5 weeks. And I mean "healed" as in scabs are gone and your new skin is present. If your colors aren't settled, then this can mean a poor job was done on the tattoo, too little lubrication was used during the healing process, you bathed or got it wet before it healed properly or the scab was picked off before it healed. The good news is, you can always have your tattoo artist re-touch it up to bring back the colors.
Prev Question: Which eye color is better blue, or green
People also view