What are Four uses of silicon
Silicone is frequently used in cookware, medical applications, sealants, lubricants & insulation. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-four-uses-of-silicon ]
More Answers to "What are Four uses of silicon"
- Is Silicone Finishing Mist 4 oz by Giovanni Organic Hair Care Goo...?
- There is no such thing as organic body care because organics is regulated by the USDA and body care/cosmetics are regulated by the FDA. this means that there is a huge loophole for cosmetics. they can legally use the term organic to market ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- If silicon forms perfect covalent bonds with other Si atoms using the four valence electrons, shouldn't the?
- Q: silicon be in only 2D infinitely? rather than being a 3D substance.And if it's a 3D substance, then it must be using six valence electrons, not four. I don't get it.
- A: You're thinking in 2 dimensions. One bond goes up, and the other 3 go 30° down, at rotational angles of 0°, 120°, and 240°.
- How could I make an ignitor similar to a grill starter using a battery and silicon board for a potato gun?
- Q: It has to be small and portable. I'm thinking about using a capacitor and four to six 9V batteries in series. I need a hot spark with an arc that can travel about 5mm-10mm. I have a working potato gun, but the grill ignition is very weak, wears out quickly, and is quite expensive. I've never made a circuit on a silicon board, so please help. Thanks.
- A: Go out and buy a piezo electric element. You can skip the batteries and capacitors.
- What type of bearing is used to support the connecting rod on the crank pin and the wrist pin in high rpm two-
- Q: 3. What type of bearing is used to support the connecting rod on the crank pin and the wrist pin in high rpm two-stroke engines?A. Roller bearing B. Plain bearing C. Needle bearing D. Bushing 4. What is the purpose of the fibers in grease?A. It's the actual lubricating element in the grease. B. It prevents the lubricant from evaporating. C. It traps the lubricant and holds it in suspension. D. It thickens the grease. 5. Which type of outboard motor cooling systems is a variable volume system?A. Revolving cam pump B. Plunger pump C. Impeller pump D. Pressure vacuum pump 6. A PCV valve is used to control theA. amount of oil coming out of the oil pump. B. oil injected on a two-stroke engine. C. air that enters the crankcase. D. flow of exhaust gases. 7. The API C classification for lubricating oils pertains to which type of engines?A. Single-cylinder four-stroke gasoline engines B. Multicylinder four-stroke gasoline engines C. Two-stroke gasoline engines D. Two- or four-stroke diesel engines 8. What additive is added to lubricating oil to help the oil absorb water?A. Oxidation inhibitor B. Emulsifier C. Corrosion inhibitor D. Improver 9. Which of the following bearing types doesn't have an inner and outer race?A. Needle B. Roller C. Ball D. Tapered roller 10. Which one of the following oils isn't a multiviscosity oil?A. 5W-30 B. 10W-40 C. 10W-30 D. 50W 11. Type SA oil is used forA. highly turbocharged gasoline or diesel engines. B. light trucks and cars from 1980 to present. C. engines that operate under mild conditions. D. light-duty naturally aspirated diesel engines. 12. An impeller pump in an outboard motor uses an impeller made ofA. stainless steel. B. bronze. C. synthetic rubber. D. brass. 13. Water circulates around a water-cooled engine's cylinder head and cylinder inside the waterA. jacket. B. deflectors. C. passages. D. tubes. 14. A thermostat opens to allow coolant flow when what component of the thermostat has expanded?A. Piston B. Boot C. Wax D. Pressure top 15. A breather is used toA. vent cylinder head pressure to the atmosphere. B. balance the pressure at the carburetor of a two-stroke engine. C. allow clean air to enter the crankcase of the engine. D. allow pressurized gases to vent from the crankcase. 16. Synthetic lubricants are made of products based onA. mineral oil. B. silicon. C. vegetable oil. D. graphite. 17. Multipurpose greases use a thickening agent such asA. short fiber. B. aluminum fluoride. C. lithium soap. D. calcium soap. 18. When you're flushing a cooling system, you should use an approved acid and aA. neutralizer. B. retarder. C. purifier. D. accelerator. 19. Which one of the following grades is a proper grade of multipurpose gear lubricant?A. SAE 40 B. SAE 60 C. SAE 80 D. SAE 100 20. Air-cooled engines use what form of heat transfer to remove most of the heat from their cylinder head and cylinder?A. Conduction B. Radiation C. Convection D. Absorption
- A: Hey kid. I just checked all of your recently asked questions. Quit wasting your time, and our time. Some of us actually try to help people out here. You need to find some other interest. You obviously have no talent or ability when it comes to automobiles. The answers to all 80 or so questions have to be learned with hands on training. If you don't do the work, you don't get the answers. Source(s):Self taught ASE certified tech.
Prev Question: How do I gauge my ears
People also view