Is petroleum jelly bad for your skin
Only if you use it too much. Petroleum jelly has been one of the best moisturizers for decades, and continues to be. MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-petroleum-jelly-bad-for-your-skin ]
More Answers to "Is petroleum jelly bad for your skin"
- Is petroleum jelly bad for your skin?
- petrolatum is like plastic. it cannot moisturize your skin because it cannot sink into your pores. most oils cannot moisturize your skin. what it does do is form a barrier over your skin. if you put it on after you've taken a shower or your...
- Is petroleum jelly bad to use on your skin?
- No its good and it lasts mostly all day.
- Does petroleum jelly dry out the skin?
- Petroleum Jelly is lipophillic (attracted to oily substances) hydrophobic (repels water) compound. It definitely does not dehydrate your skin more than air outdoors. Its not an ideal moisturizer but since water molecules cant easily pass th...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- is vaseline/petroleum jelly bad for your skin? i use it everyday before going to bed and my skin feels...?
- Q: my skin feels super super velvet and smooth and soft in the morningnow... ive heard that it is super bad for... is it true? why or why noti have oily skin but it still feels super awesome!!!but my body is very dry.. so yeah.oh and i use it every night all over my body and lips exept the hairyes, that's how much i love this stufffff!!!!!thanks in advenced!
- A: Sounds like you're really obsessed. But to answer your question, no there is nothing wrong with it. Petroleum is in many lotions and stuff. But just know that too much of the same thing is never good for you, so try not to let your fascination get out of hand.
- is petroleum jelly bad for your skin? O_o?
- Q: I've been putting PJ on my skin EVERY NIGHT since i was 11,(im 13 now)and I recently found out its bad for your skin? it like.. gives you acne? Is this true? O_oMy mom told me her mom put it on her skin every nightand she had no wrinkles! her skin was perfect!so that's why I started to put it on my skin (for the future)but if it causes acne and pimples i'll stop using itwell I'm only 13..And maybe I'm not in that stage yet where i get pimples and acne!so i wouldn't know
- A: petrolatum is like plastic. it cannot moisturize your skin because it cannot sink into your pores. most oils cannot moisturize your skin. what it does do is form a barrier over your skin. if you put it on after you've taken a shower or your skin is wet, it will trap moisture in your skin. in theory it's not the worst thing but the problem is that petrolatum is contaminated. it has other random chemicals in it like PAHs, which can cause cancer. if you want the same effect, you can use unrefined cocoa butter or shea butter instead. maybe you just have normal skin. my family also never gets acne so using heavy oils doesn't break my skin out.
- is petroleum jelly bad for your skin?
- Q: i have a jar of pure petroleum jelly, but i heard that it clogs pore and causes pre mature wrinkles..??? help?!?any experiences with it? one of my aunt's... well technically. my dad's cousin used it on her skin and she's like kind of old now and her skin is still in great condition and she uses it all the time. ?
- A: petroleum jelly is a very thick moisturizer and would therefore clog your pores and make you break out if you are a teen or prone to acne. otherwise if your out of the acne stage and are worrying about wrinkles it works amazing to prevent wrinkles and keep your skin looking young.i dont use it on my face cus im 15 but i still put in on my eyelids at night, and i heard it helps your eyelashes grow thicker/longer. it also works as an amazing lip moisturizer
Prev Question: What is a water bra
People also view