What is wrong with me, I haven't had my period in 3 months, and I'm not pregnant
A:Hormonal problems, stress, drugs, being overweight, and pituitary problems can cause amenorrhea (no period). See your doctor. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-wrong-with-me%2C-i-haven%27t-had-my-period-in-3-months%2C-and-i%27m-not-pregnant ]
More Answers to "What is wrong with me, I haven't had my period in 3 months, and I'm not pregnant"
- What is wrong with me, I haven't had my period in 3 months, and I...?
- Hormonal problems, stress, drugs, being overweight, and pituitary problems can cause amenorrhea (no period). See your doctor.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I'm 15 years old, and I haven't had a period in 3 months. What could be wrong w/me?
- Q: I started having periods when I was 11. They used to be regular, but now they're all messed up. I haven't had one in over 3 months now. When I do get my period it is extremely painful, and I get really sick. I haven't had sex so I know I'm not pregnant. I'm getting kinda worried about it. I'm not underweight or stressed out or anything.... What could be wrong with me? I'm afraid to go to a doctor. I've never been to a gyn. before, and I don't know what to expect. Please help me!
- A: Hmmm . . . sorry to tell you, honey, but you really do need to go to the doctor. When our bodies get out of whack, it's usually 'cuz there's something going on that shouldn't be! I'm sorry to hear about your painful periods, I suffered with them for many years. They tell you it gets better after having a baby . . . BIG LIE. The one thing that really works (talk to your mom and doc about this) is birth control pills. They regulate your period so that it's not too heavy, doesn't last too long, and best of all, doesn't cause so much pain! No more missing a day of school every month!I know the gynecologist can be a little scary, but again, talk to your mom (sister, aunt, friend or friend's mom). It is a little embarassing the first time, and it may help to have a woman doctor. I've had both, and though the male doctors I've had have been wonderful and totally professional, I just simply prefer going to a female doctor.The nurse will take your temp and blood pressure (like a normal visit). Then she'll give you a paper gown and paper blanket and ask you to get undressed. She'll leave the room. Get undressed (everything off) and put on the paper gown. Sit up on the examining table and put the paper blanket across your lap. Pretty soon the doctor will knock and ask if you're ready. He or she will come in and proceed with the examination. Usually, the doctor will explain what she is doing as she goes along. Feel free to ask questions when your nervous or curious. There will be poking and prodding of all your body parts. She'll do a breast exam and then, what we all hate--the pelvic exam. This is slightly uncomfortable, but if you just relax, it won't hurt and will be over in seconds.If you totally and completely cannot speak to your mother about this, please go to Planned Parenthood for your check up. Yes, they do lots more than just birth control. But three months without a period does warrant a check up.
- Why haven't I had a period about 3 months but I'm not pregnant?
- Q: OK, I have always had a period every month since I've started having periods but within the last couple of months I've had not one period. After I missed the first month i took a pregnancy test and it was negative. So I figured maybe i took it too early so i waited a week and took another one and it was negative again. And I got kinda paranoid and and started thinking i probably mis calculated my period so i went to a pregnancy clinic and took two of their tests on two separate ocassions . So i was like really starting to get scared and went to a free clinic to get a pap smear so they could screen me for STD's or somthing and the test came back clean. And then recently i started having slight little pains in my uterine area and in my sides, WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!! I'm only 20 years old and i hope its not anything serious. Then i thought back to last year around april and I wanted to try birth control so i tried it for 3 months and then stopped taking it because I didn't like it and still had regular periods until now . That was over a year ago. But maybe being on birth control changed my hormones or body chemistry or something. i don't know. I'm stressed now and starting to think it might be serious. Will i be able to have kids still? Do I need to take birth control again or somthing? i know birth control helps me not to get pregnant but there are too many side effects for me and I rather just get pregnant. I would love to have kids I know its a little early for me to be worrying about kids but i feel birth control does more bad then good .but will i need it after all ? HELP!!!!
- A: My sister is 20 years old, and this same thing happened to her. Her doc told her that since she had been really active and worked out so much, that this irregularity is normal. Also, a lot of times when you are going by a different daily schedule, this is likely to happen. If you are really that worried about it, then just go see a doc
- i havent had a period in 3 months, im not pregnant teasted 3 times, what's wrong with me? im 33.?
- Q: I have had heavy bleeding in the pass and then was menstrating every two weeks, after i had a normal sex life started back up, I for once became so called regular by bleeding every 3 1/2 weeks. My boyfriend left for the road and havent been around for 3 months, I haven't had a period since and have been tested 3 times for pregnancy, all negative. My attitude is crazy wacked! Im irritated all the time and I'm depressed and lonely even when im around people. What could possibly be wrong with me, could in be menopause????? Again i'm 33.
- A: mayne you are going though a changei would say the change where you dont have your period it could very well be menopause i wouldnt freek so bad
Prev Question: When you are pregnant in your fallopian tubes, would you end up sneezing a lot
People also view