What does it mean when you have abdominal pain in your left side
A:Left sided abdominal pain can be caused by several things such as diverticulitis or viral hepatitis. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-it-mean-when-you-have-abdominal-pain-in-your-left-side ]
More Answers to "What does it mean when you have abdominal pain in your left side"
- What could lower left side abdomen pain, that shoots pain to your...?
- Symptoms of diverticulitis may be something like what you are describing. These are also common in pregnant women. ChaCha!
- What could a stabbing pain on the left side of your abdomen means...?
- It's probably just a growing pain or a cramp, relax and if it continues to get worse, see the doctor.
- What does it mean if you have a sharp pain in your left side lowe...?
- Pain or tenderness in the lower left side of the abdomen, along with fever can be a symptom of Diverticulitis. Call a doctor.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Upper Abdominal Pain....need help, 911?
- Q: I have been having pain for going on 3 weeks now... It is a little weird though... It is mainly in the center just below my rib cage... but it radiates to both the left and right side...The pain only accures about 15 minutes after eating (when I mean eating I mean eating a decent amount of food. Not too much and not too little, right about when your about to feel full). The pain feels like pressure and a major ache...I also have been having diarreha (watery, sometimes with a little texture), and very nauseated. Now the kicker to all this is that I had my gall bladder taken out Feb 2005. I went to the E.R. Oct 31 I had blood tests and a Cat scan, and they said my white blood cells were a little high so they put me on anitbiotics (2 to be exact; Flagyl & Cipro), other than that they could not find the cause for my pain. Nov 4 (4 days after going to the E.R.), I went to my primary physician about this.... He said he thought it might be C. difficile (I had been on antibotic about a month or so ago for UTI). So anyway my primary physician put me on 2 anitbiotics (Flagyl & Vancocin these primarily take care of C. difficile). Nov 7 I called my doc oncall and told him I can not take the pain that it really hurts after I eat and I had actually gotten myself to only eating a snack during the day wich would give me pain but it was tollerable, but when I ate at night it would be agonizing. He told me to go to the E.R. after spending 4 hours in the waiting room I finally got to the back and they did blood test and X-Ray (did not want to do a Cat Scan since I had just had one a wekk prior). Well once again they could not find anything, they called my primary Physician and he told them to admit me. I was put on a clear liquid diet with no lactose. It about killed me!! I was in for 3 days total (I got out yesterday), I had a Gastroscope & Endoscopy, and once again they could not find anything. Now during the time I was in the hospital I had alittle pain but the only thing I was eating was chicken broth, jello, juice; mainly things you culd see through. Well my doctor release me... needless to say I was really really hungry, the last time I had eaten was Friday for dinner. my husband took me to eat. I told my self to eat slowly since it had been a while since I ate solid foods, well I got halfway through my plate when it all started back up again. I sat there for a while hoping it would go away because I was still hungry. I went to see what else I could get off the buffet, but I had a hard time walking, I was dizzy, and the pain was so bad. I really did not each much after all this started so we went home. My pain lasted about 6 hours total. I felt fine when I got up..... If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it!!! I am desperate!!! I can not seem to get any diagnosis.... and I am to the point where I wont eat at all. I can not handle the pain. Might I mention I am also on pain pills and they don't do much help either. And when I say pain pills I am talking about percocet.
- A: Sorry that I can't help much. I had a similar problem a few years ago, but it finally cleared up a few months after they took my gall bladder out. ... I guess you have been tested for liver related problems and stuff?I am guessing the answer is yes, but have you tried sipping on stuff like slimfast (the one that's supposed to control hunger for a few hours) and ensure? ... It would probably be at least a little more satisfying than see-thru stuff but hopefully not hurt as much as solid foods. And have you tried applying heat when you eat and for a while after to help keep your muscles relaxed?
- Celiac and Pregnancy, Crazy?
- Q: Ok where do I start. For about 2 weeks I was experiencing some brown blood which I assumed to be my period? I finally came online and saw sometimes is could mean pregnancy but it means it's a tubal pregnancy or miscarriage. Thing is I had my period, just brown and occasionally only spots of red for almost three weeks! I let that go. I've been having sharp pains in my left and right sides and my stomach is hard as a rock and the area below the "gut" and above the vagina is hard(I've heard this is linked to pregnancy?) I've also had extreme bloating feelings and gas along with diarrhea. And as well as weird cravings and bursts of hunger, but when I eat about 15 min later prob not even I'm having sharp pains. These are all symptoms of pregnancy I'm sure we'll all agree. I've also researched some blogs with people who had the extreme bloating and sharp pains and 98% of them were pregnant.But, get this. My aunt was diagnosed with Celiac disease(gluten free diet, will eat away your small intestine)and it's hereditary but she doesn't even know who she could have got it from. Well let me just copy and paste symptoms I've found linked with it, I'll mark it with * If I have it.What are the symptoms of celiac disease?Symptoms of celiac disease vary from person to person. Symptoms may occur in the digestive system or in other parts of the body. Digestive symptoms are more common in infants and young children and may includeabdominal bloating and pain *chronic diarrhea *vomiting *only just today but sick feelings I've ignored tooconstipation *NO*pale, foul-smelling, or fatty stool *NO*weight loss *NO, weight gain thats why i'm leaning toward pregnancyAdults are less likely to have digestive symptoms and may instead have one or more of the following:unexplained iron-deficiency anemia *NO*fatigue*NO*bone or joint pain *arthritis*NO*bone loss or osteoporosisdepression or anxiety *OH YES*tingling numbness in the hands and feet *NO*seizures*NO*missed menstrual periods *Not sure yet, last one was browninfertility or recurrent miscarriage *Hope notcanker sores inside the mouth *NO!*an itchy skin rash called dermatitis herpetiformis * NO*People with celiac disease may have no symptoms but can still develop complications of the disease over time. Long-term complications include malnutrition—which can lead to anemia, osteoporosis, and miscarriage, among other problems—liver diseases, and cancers of the intestine.Also, Celiac disease is both a disease of malabsorption—meaning nutrients are not absorbed properly—and an abnormal immune reaction to gluten. Celiac disease is also known as celiac sprue, non-tropical sprue, and gluten-sensitive enteropathy. Celiac disease is genetic, meaning it runs in families*MY AUNT*Sometimes the disease is triggered—or becomes active for the first time—after surgery, pregnancy*wow it can become apparent during pregnancy*, childbirth, viral infection, or severe emotional stress*I've been crying excessively and have been real sensitive*Forgot to also say something important. My period finally completely stopped yesterday but now, I'm having excessive urinating and just this morning i got morning sickness.OK so my point of showing you all this was I'm thinking, would I be pregnant AND starting to react to Celiac?? PLease someone research this. I would go to the doctor but I just got insurance a few days ago and it's not active til Jan 14. I just wanna research this so I can go into the doctor's telling them exactly what is wrong. Question is though, should I go to the Gynecologist or my regular Physician???
- A: Go to your gp. They will do a blood test for pregnancy, and you will get your answer about that very soon.Then, tell him or her that your aunt was diagnosed with celiac and you would like a screening test should your pregnancy test come back negative. You can have active celiac with little to no symptoms. My symptoms were very, very mild anemia (low normal) and migraines with the occasional stomach ache. Pregnancy is probably what triggered my celiac. Your Aunt got celiac from her mother and father, it is as simple as that. Her parents were carriers and gave her the genes, she had something trigger it, just like I did, just like everyone who has celiac has happen to them. Since it runs in your family, please be aware of the signs and symptoms of childhood celiac. Good luck!
- What is wrong with my body health. Please help i'm begging you?
- Q: Sorry if it looks long but PLEASE READ. I really need help.A little about myself. Im a 18 year old male, Height is 5'11. I use to weigh 339 pounds but now weigh 296 pounds because of protein diet. I started feeling anxiety out of nowhere around the first week of july. They got worst and worst as the days passed. But sometimes I would feel normal then a couple minutes later I feel the anxiety again.Alright first let me start with the symptomes I have.~Anxiety~Apathetic (Sometimes I just feel no emotions, Like im so empty)~Loss of energy~Can't concentrate on school work no matter how hard I try~Abdominal pain (Pinching pain had to go to ER 2 times because of it)~Hard time sleeping (Insomnia)~Tingling sensation in feet and legs (When I get tingly its usually on my left leg)~Sweaty palms~Confused~Dizzy~Upset stomach~Nausea~Loss of appetite~Light Headed (Always when I wake up from sleep)~Sensation that im still in a dream (Even though I know im not)~Floaters/squiggly lines in BOTH my eyes that DON'T go away.~Crying for no reason~Orgasms not as good as they use to be.~Weight loss even though im not on a diet anymoreOk, I got all these symptomes about a month ago, like in the beginning of july. This is what CHANGED in my life within/around that month.~Was on a protein shake diet (lost 43 pounds in 2 and a half months)~ Tried marijuana ONCE (Had a bad trip, Never again will I smoke marijuana or any drugs)~ Quit smoking cigarettes ( I smoked cigarettes for 1 month and a half. 2-3 cigs a day~Layed off on masturbationand that's about it. Now I did go to the doctors and when I told them about the anxiety coming out of nowhere they wanted a blood test. a week later they get a blood test and they think something wrong could be with my thyroid. another week pasts and turns out nothing is wrong with my thyroid.My doctor then assumes that I got my anxiety because of stress and depression. Even though I don't feel stressed or depressed. I've been in much more worse situations that cause stress and depression and NEVER have I had these symptomes. Every time I try explaining my problem with my eye about the floaters he just responds with "Are you taking your Ativan medicine?"The doctor first prescribed me Xanax 2 MG, told me to take 1-2 pills 3 times a day. When I had bad side effects from it such as Sleep paralyze, He prescribed me Ativan 2 MG. told me to take one pill before I go to sleep. However I only take the ativan when I can't control my anxiety or feel a panic attack coming because I don't want to get addicted to this medicine as I heard of the withdrawals effects. After he got my thyroid results and found out nothing is wrong with my thyroid, he prescribed me Paxil. (I don't have the paxil medicine yet im waiting for it)My question is, Does anyone know what is wrong with me? I mean really I'm tired of this awfull feelings and I feel like the doc himself dosn't know whats wrong with me. I just want my life back, when I would allways laugh,smile, and was allways happy. Please help me.I did lack alot of carbohydrates in my diet which is a reason why I stopped with it. Now I eat food with alot of healthy carbohydrates such as pasta,macaroni, wheat and all that stuff. It did help a bit but I still feel awfull.
- A: well im not saying that you quitting smoking answers everything but a lot of those "mood" symptoms can be explain by that alone, some other possibilities to check out instead of thyroid is diabetes some of the symptoms can be explained by that also and on the same lines as diabetes is even though you are not on the shake diet anymore ...what are you eating? how many calories did you take in before? during the shake diet? and now? calorie intake verses your activity can explain some of that also also if you are taking pills are you reading the side effects and just so you know as far as the paxil goes my best friend of 30 yrs was on that and she ended up requesting something else because she could never reach orgasm while taking it (yes i know.. tmi but just in case you expect that part to improve, it probably won't if you take paxil) you may think you just have some mental health problem but you would be surprised when you realize how much what we do or do not put into our bodies effects our behaviors, i would definitely check into diabetes but you never know you could have a mental health problem but normally before you get diagnosed with that type of thing you have to be documented at the doctor because there are criteria you have to have for a certain amount of time also so just try to keep account of your symptoms to pass on to your doctor so they can diagnose you properly
Prev Question: Can anxiety cause upper abdominal pain
People also view