Is it normal for a 13 year old girl to go for months with out her period
A:A missed menstrual period is the hallmark of early pregnancy, missing a period can be due to a number of factors and conditions. A woman is not considered to have secondary amenorrhea until she has missed three menstrual periods in a row. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-it-normal-for-a-13-year-old-girl-to-go-for-months-with-out-her-period ]
More Answers to "Is it normal for a 13 year old girl to go for months with out her period"
- Is it normal for a 13 year old girl to go for months with out her...?
- A missed menstrual period is the hallmark of early pregnancy, missing a period can be due to a number of factors and conditions. A woman is not considered to have secondary amenorrhea until she has missed three menstrual periods in a row.
- When a 13 year old girl didn't have her period yet for 2 months?i...?
- When you are in your teenage years, your period is going to be irregular, especially if you haven't had it for that long. But if you go several months without having there could possibly be aproblem and you should see a doctor.
- Is it normal for a 13 year old girl to miss their period for a fe...?
- This is normal for your age, lots of women have this problem, it is just irregularity. What that means is you may not have a period every single month, if it continues, your doctor may but you on the birth control pill to regulate you when ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is this acceptable behavior from a 13 year old girl?..what can we do to get her on the right track again?
- Q: the love of my life and i are planning on spending the rest of our lives together...we have been living together along with her 13 year old girl for 9 months...i have been very wary of trying to step in too quick and try to "be her father"...i treat the girl very well and i truly love her...her defiant attitude and lack of respect to her mother and me is putting me over the edge...here are some of the things our daughter has done since i have been here...for the past 2 marking periods she has failed half of her classes (we got her a tutor, but she is still failing because she doesn't do her homework)...she sent an email to her teachers pretending to be her mother asking that they "take it easy" on her and let her do extra credit to make up her grades...she had a secret myspace page that showed the bad side of her...it was full of curse words and pics of her smoking pot...(we took it down)...is doing drugs...she made over 3,500 text messages in one month...she ran up over $250 dollars worth of phone downloads on her cell phone...we have told her not to not make calls after 10 pm, but she continues to make calls as late as 2:30 a.m...she talked us into letting her go to a "christian" rock concert (i know we should have checked), but it ended up being thrash metal called "bled fest"...then she comes home from it wearing a t-shirt that says, "i am the ****!" (her mom doesn't even let her swear and this is what she comes home with?)...we tell her to turn her tv off in her room by 9:30 pm on school nights and she refuses to follow that simple rule along with many other simple rules that a 5 year old could comprehend and follow...she completely defies anything i ask her to do..ex.-she got home one day and i wanted her to help me clean the house (her mother asked me to have her do some things)...i gave her simple things like vaccuum, pick up her room, and clean one bathroom...i had just cleaned the kitchen and asked her not to make a mess if she wanted a snack before she started...of course she made a mess and left crumbs, wrappers etc...i shrugged it off and cleaned up after her like i always do...i told her to get started because we had to get this done right away...i went to take out the trash...i came back in and she was in the bathroom...well, i asked through the door how she was doing, and she tells me she is taking a bath...wow...could she be anymore clear that she has no respect for me?...i could go on and on but can you get the point?...i understand that i am the new guy and she is testing her boundaries with me...i have been leery and haven't wanted to be a "hard ***"...i really don't want to be a parent like that, but i also don't want to be an adult that a kid walks all over on...her mom is very loving, but does not like disciplining her...her idea of discipline is saying, "oh, this is just normal behavior!," and then giving her money to go shopping...i really do not think i can take this anymore...i am afraid of the girl becoming worse if we let this go on...is this a lost cause?...should i move on?...what is proper punishment for this girl?...how can i get her to respect us?...sorry if this is long, i appreciate any help i can get on this...thank you!...
- A: A nice lashing should work. No, that is not normal behavior, and definitely not acceptable. Talk to the mother and demand that she disciplines her."Oh, this is just normal behavior"? The kid is smoking pot. Holy shit, what a terrible mother.
- yea... so.. why delete me?
- Q: ok, so I think yahoo answers is a good thing but to be honest I am really sick of seeing people post the same type of questions, it doesn't seem like people do their own research. like how in womens health you have 5 million girls ask- "when will i get my period, btw im 10!", or you have the girls that are like "how do i get my cramps to start or stop". or the best ones are when girls are like "omg i slept with this guy, we used a condom and im on BC but im afraid i am pregnant" (doh you ******* idiots, if your that worried about getting pregnant then dont have sex!) or the girls that are like "i had sex last night and now i think im pregnant, i feel sick and so on" there is no way you can tell you are pregnant one day after fertilization! and I HATE the questions where the 13-15 year old girls are like, i want to have a baby SO BAD! Ok girls, here it is, periods are different for every girl/woman. Some girls(if they are heavier set) will have bad cramps, heavy periods. Petite/skinny girls, or girls that work out will have lighter periods and less cramping. Periods can last for 3 days up until 7days. Sometimes periods start last two days then stop then start again but are very light (its normal its fine stop freaking out) yes sometimes you can have periods twice a month. also girls, discharge is NORMAL it is your vagina cleaning itself. yes girls when you have sex if you dont clean out the excess discharge in your vagina it will come out on the guys junk. if you dont want clumpy white goo on his junk, then what you should do is clean out your vag! douching is bad, dont use soap. girls if you leave soap down there or if you douche too much or if you wipe from back to front... you CAN get yeast infections! Girls that are in their teens, stfu no one wants to have babies with you, guys just want to **** you then leave you most of the time. you don't need a kid what you need is intense therapy. seriously live your life, go have fun and be a kid. Wait to have kids till you are old enough and mature enough to care for a child and most of all be able to support yourself before you try to support a child, don't ruin a babys life because you cant take care of yourself.Also, guys and girls, just because you lose your virginity or take a girls virginity and her "cherry" doesnt pop does not mean the girl is lying about being a virgin! cherrys can pop from riding a horse or being very active in sports and so on!Girls, if you are on BC or starting it for the first time, USE IT AS DIRECTED! don't try to speed up the process by startin it early or whatever.. just take it how you are told.Girls, wh ocares how big your bust size is, I see on here teens as your as 13(younger sometimes) worried about their boobs not being big... wtf your a kid?!@#@$ go play barbies. Girls, it is OK to be a virgin, no guys should force you into having sex if you are not ready... and also, just because your friends are having sex does not mean you have to also... you can wait until it is your time that way it will be more special for you. Parents can be annoying and so on, you think they are tryin to be mean when taking your phone or grounding you because you did something stupid. your parents have a right to be YOUR PARENT, they are trying to teach you how to live a good life, how to be a great person and eventually you all will grow the **** up and understand that your parents are not out to sabatoge you, they are just trying to do their best! or how in mens health you have the stupid lil boys who are worried about their penis sizes, no one cares that you have a 4 inch dick. or questions about why your brother has a bigger penis than you...just remember, pretty much everything that happens in your life is meaningless.... things like what kind of clothes you wear or if you have a zit on your face, or if you have to go shopping with your mom, or if a boy breaks up with you, or girl breaks up wit ha boy, none of this will matter when you get older, when your in college or out starting your real life, you will not look back and be like my life would be so much better had i had the best clothes/hair and so on..... the only think teens should be worrying about is..... how they can improve their lives, in the long run. Go to school, be healthy, just be a kid, have fun, hang out with friends, dont get in trouble, stop worrying about when your period will start or how big your boobs/penis are. Right now you may think that high school will make or break you.... which it will not... it is school, do your best and you will have a great life ahead of you! sorry for the rant, go ahead and rant away everyone else!! :)yes sorry i did post this but for some reason it was taken down 4 min after i posted it
- A: Gr8 job done....The apt thing done by u , chik due to which most of the ppl were irritated...I think this question should be starred on the face of Women's , Men's Health, Family realtionships etc...Nobody will have any of these sick questions to ask..lolThanks Would definitely like to talk to you..If poss send me ur id or add me on Y messenger. ID's on profile
- My daughter is 9...some advice please?
- Q: My oldest daughter is 9, I have 3 other children, 2 girls 7 and 2 and 1 boy that is 1. My 9 year old is very independent and usually I dont mind but some issues have come up that i am worriedd about. one of her friends is 12 and she just started playing with her about 3 months ago or so, well her friend has a 13 year old brother and my daughter (in her words) thinks he's "hot". Thats disturbing, but more than that I have been hearing back and forth that this boy likes her too, and it just seems all of the sudden now my daughter is telling me how boys in her class at school stare at her butt and this boys hot and this boy likes her....and I am going crazy! I have always been open with my kids and I figured I had a pretty good rule of no dating until 16, thats it period. I never imagined I would already be hearing about this at 9, she wants to wear all black and dye her hair black (I dont allow this) she hates anything "girly". I just feel like I lost my little girl way too young and I dont know how to not do the wrong thing. I dont want to screw up, is this normal for 9 year old girls? I will add she is very grown up for her age, she is very mature and very smart, last time she was tested her reading level was at 11th grade (she is in 4th). Please give me some advice if you have a child this age or are dealing with any of the same issues. Have I done something wrong? I had my kids very young and am always trying to tell her what it was like and how hard it has been for me (and still is) which is why I am going to be very strict with my dating rules. I dont want my daughter to come to me at 16 saying she is pregnant like I did to my mom. My parents let me do whatever I wanted and I wanted to hang out with older kids, when I was 13 I was hanging out with 16-17 year olds, I dropped out of school at 15 to help raise my 24 year old boyfriends 2 year old son....I dont want my kids to make the same mistakes I did. I didnt think at 9 this would be strating though, her 12 year old friend seemed nice and I didnt know at the time they started hanging out that she was allowed to date and had a boyfriend (or a brother lol) I just dont know..please help...thanks in advance
- A: Well I'm 11 about to be 12 and at my school people "date" kids at my school date by just having the title of it. It is usually when they're at a close friendship. And at this age girls start saying 'Oh that boy is so hot!" That is completely normal although they may not kiss and hug and do teen dating younger pre-teens like to have the title of it! They just feel older! Yet I haven't "dated" but I know kids who try to pretend to date. I mean you are doing the right thing by being close to your daughter. All girls want to be close to their moms but not too close. She is 9 and that is true she is around the corner of puberty and she probably feels she wants to be older do things older kids want to do. And that's not wrong but you might want to talk to her but approach her calmly and try not to embarrass her. Like when you get to start to be a pre-teen you start not to like to talk to your parents I mean I know how she might feel. I do the same thing. But now I learned to be close with my parents. I mean its okay if she thinks he's hot,and maybe sure when she gets a few years older she is going to try to "date". It happens. You are doing the best you can. Do you know what her friend does like does she date or maybe she does stuff your daughter would like to. And well it's normal that your daughter is doing this but make sure your daughter can come to you with her problems and don't let her go far with starting to like boys.Sometimes kids go through phases at one point when i was about 10 for like a month everything was black. I liked different things,hung out with different people, then I realized well I miss my old friends! Have you noticed a change in her grades or have you noticed her change of friends other then this older girl? Is she depressed about something that happend in her life? I would say sit down and talk to her....that is probably the only thing. But some parents will just lecture their child. DO NOT do that, children, teens or child do not want to be lectured by something they just need help with.Hope I helped! If you have questions I'm here! Trust me I think I might kind-of know what she could be feeling! Good luck with everything! :)
Prev Question: Why does your period delay sometimes
People also view