What is it called when your blood won't clot
A:Hemophilia [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-it-called-when-your-blood-won%27t-clot ]
More Answers to "What is it called when your blood won't clot"
- Most likely, it is not hemophilia because you are a girl. I assume by your picture anyway. It is most likely von Willebrand Disease. That occurs commonly in women. Researchers have identified many variations of the disease, but most fall in...
- Hemophilia: A group of inherited bleeding disorders in which the ability of blood to clot is impaired. ChaCha on!
- Not medical advice: Hemophilia is a rare bleeding disorder in which your blood does not clot as it should. It mostly occurs in males.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What's the powder called that you put guinea pig nails into?
- Q: When you cut your piggies nail too short and it bleeds whats the powder called you put their foot into which clots the blood and stops the bleeding?I havn't done it yet because I can see where the vein is on mine but on my darker piggies I won't know so want to buy some just incase!
- A: small animal vetinary wound powder is best as it is made specifically for small animals and will not cause harm if licked off.
- What underlying autoimmune conditions do you think I have? Physicians/Nurses/MD's, I'm desperate for help?
- Q: Hi may name is Jeb, I'm 22 and live in Ontario, Canada, I'm presenting my case to all of you in the hope you can name some disorders, syndromes, diseases, that go along with my medical history and issues. Please read what I wrote carefully and help me find out whats wrong with me. I have been going to doctors for 6 years trying to find out what is truly wrong. and lately everything is getting worse. My health is declining and I want to get better and live a normal life, have kits, a wife, work.. I am so ashamed I can't even work. I have a very rare bleeding disorder called ITP, my disease is chronic and refractory. So, all of the treatments have failed. I have been on Testosterone, Danocrine (which is a modified testosterone), Dexamethasone (a very potent glucocorticoid type of steroid) Prednisone (glucocorticoid steroid), Methylprednisone, which is also a glucocorticoid steroid.I have tried IVig which is immunoglobulin. It's a blood product, 1 bottle contains donations from thousands of people. So i've had the immunoglobulin of more than 5000 people put in me multiple times.I ended up having a reaction to it and developed "Aseptic Meningitis" which was extremely painful, as well as rigors, which basically means I was shaking badly. The headache was like nothing you could imagine. I became desperate after years of having a pretty stable platelet count of 20. If you have less than a 20 platelet count you are supposed to be hospitalized although here in Canada this won't happen because of lack of beds and overcrowded hospitals.So, if you have less than 20 a bump to the head could kill you. A punch to the stomach would cause internal bleeding. A punch in the face could and likely would kill you. I bruise extremely easy.A normal human being has a count of 140 to 400. So at 20 even I am very likely to be injured severely. I have had multiple bleeds, mostly internally but farely superficial and not involving organs with exception of my lungs.I cough up blood regularly and it scares me very much. Having a low platelet count like this really was hard to deal with so I joined a clinical trial. The drug I was on in the trial ended up giving me a pulmonary embolism, actually more than 1.....3 in both lungs.I was in the hospital for a month. My lungs are left scarred and unable to expand properly because of the scarring. I get about 60-70% expansion of my chest. I noticed immediately after the blood clots I could no longer inhale like I used to. It has become very stressful fighting for every breath. It's almost like breathing through a straw. I also have bad asthma which doesnt help. I've had over 20 CT scans in the past 2.5 years looking for clots because every month I have problems where my lungs hurt more and feel like a clot, and I start coughing up large amounts of blood, not just bloody sputum, the blood is coming out of my lungs into my throat when I cough to expel it.The radiologist from my last scan said I had scarring of my lungs and pleural cavity. He said it looked like I have severe lung disease and it's very serious.So I have been pumped full of xrays from the CT scan, and also filled with Contrast Dye so they can see the veins and arteries better when they use the diagnostic imaging (CT SCAN). It's very hard on my kidneys. And they are worn out, I have problems with them now. I've also got more than 50 xrays.My left arm is not fully useable, I broke the end of the shoulder bone. The round ball like part of the bone that fits into the socket. I could not get surgery to correct it because of my blood disorder. The surgeon would not do even though the bone didn't set properly and is more than 1 cm out of place. Doesn't sound like much but the area that broke/fractured is the area all your muscle, ligaments and tendons rest on and over, so now my arm is very stiff and painful. Writing with a pencil hurts very much. Lifting things hurts.My doctor wants me to get my spleen taken out but I'm worried it could go wrong because I have no platelets. I will be transfused as they do the surgery but I still worry very much. My doctor is amazing but she is not a surgeon. How can I trust someone I don't really know to cut me up. How can I find out how many patients have died in his care during surgery. I would love to know the information because I could choose the doctor who was better a keeping people alive and not killing them accidentally during surgery. I'm afraid.I have also had new symptoms in the past few months, frequent urination, extreme urge to urinate.Loss of bladder function, I wet my bed 3 times in the last 2 months. I'm 24, and never have wet the bed before except as a very young child maybe 4-5 y/o.I have a patch on my back which is numb and has no feeling and this is a new manifestation of whatever is going on.I have been havinI've been having Vertigo, exactly 5 times this month, where I have days where I become dizzy and nauseas and when I tilt my head my eyes start rollin and moving in strange directions very quickly, and I get the urge to vomit. It's when I tilt my head I get the problem with my eyes going whacky totally out of my control.It's very very debilitating. I have to lay down. Walking is almost impossible and I become so unstable I have almost fallen down the stairs.Thanks for helping me I appreciate it very much.......Even if you just have ideas of what could be wrong with me it is good, I need ideas because i don't know what could be wrong.I've been having Vertigo, exactly 5 times this month, where I have days where I become dizzy and nauseas and when I tilt my head my eyes start rollin and moving in strange directions very quickly, and I get the urge to vomit. It's when I tilt my head I get the problem with my eyes going whacky totally out of my control.It's very very debilitating. I have to lay down. Walking is almost impossible and I become so unstable I have almost fallen down the stairs.Thanks for helping me I appreciate it very much.......Even if you just have ideas of what could be wrong with me it is good, I need ideas because i don't know what could be wrong.
- A: ....and you figure a bunch of strangers can diagnose you over the computer? you need to pursue this with a medical professional.
- Opinion on my situation regarding my daughter?
- Q: Long, and thank you for taking the time to read it.I have always tried to be polite and nice to my boyfriends family ever since I met them 7 years ago but they are still horrible to me. And to be blunt, they are scumy white trash. Them not having much to do with me was no big deal but we had our daughter in Jan 08 and his mom did come to the hospital but refused to hold her, his dad didn't come. Well when she was 3 months I took her up there for a 'bbq' thing but I don't let her in the house ( why? because as soon as you walk in and walk out you reek of smoke right down to your underwear, it's horrible ) anyway his dad was so drunk he called my daughter a BI*CH and then his brothers ( drunk too ) started shooting off bb guns 30 ft from were we were eating.So after that I took her one more time to visit when she was 9 months old and everyone was smoking around her and of course beligerantly drunk. At Christmas Eve, I always go to my Grandpas. He was terminally Ill this year and we knew it was his last so there was no way I was missing it. I told them that in return we would come to his grandma's on Christmas day that was having a dinner and meet them there whatever time they wanted and we would devote the day to seeing them. They threw a fit and told us not to come.The next time they seen her was my daughters b-day party and that was 6 months ago. They have made no attemp to see her again. I have tried inviting them for dinners, they would rather stay home and get drunk ( plus there is drug activity every once in awhile in that house )So anyway the father just got his leg taken off ( because of a blood clot from all the smoking ) and my boyfriend of course wants my daughter to go up and start visiting his parents. I won't allow it. I've just had enoughSo what's your opinion on this, what would you do, please be honest, there is NO wrong answer.BTW- MY side of the family all adore and do everything they can for my daughter so she has plenty of people who care ( =I have tried to invite them to the park or mcdonalds play place when we go, they have no interest.And my b/f can not stand up to them. They do no wrong in his eyes, I love my b/f but can't stand the way he cowars in his parents shadow, he would never be able to 'tell them off'
- A: If they want to pitch a fit you can say " Unless you want to stop smoking around her and getting drunk in front of her then i won't allow. when you leanr to finally grow and be responsible aorund a child then i will." it will probably make them feel like crap
Prev Question: What is syndrome, transmission, asymptomatic, hemophilia, opportunistic infection, seroconvert, monogamous, pneumocystis carinii pneumonia
People also view