What element is the penny made of
Pennies were 95 percent copper and 5 percent zinc until 1982, when the composition was changed to 97.5% zinc and 2.5% copper. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-element-is-the-penny-made-of ]
More Answers to "What element is the penny made of"
- What elements is a penny made from?
- Penny has the elements Zinc and Cooper. Out of all the elements it only has two.
- What are metal element are pennies made out of?
- Today's U.S. pennies are made of copper plated zinc. They used to be made of copper.
- What element makes 90 of a penny?
- pennys are 97.5% zinc and 2.5% copper
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- US Pennies! Just One or Two Questions About Them!?
- Q: The mass of pennies generally decreases with time, so...1. Why is this? Why might the mass of pennies have decreased?2. What might affect the mass of pennies besides when they were made?3. What two elements are pennies made of?If you could please list a source, that'd be great! The US Mint online is really prestigious, but I can't find the right link. Any help?Specific links, please.
- A: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_are_pennies_made_and_what_materials_are_usedhttp://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_year_were_full_copper_pennies_no_longer_madehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Cent_%28United_States_coin%29
- Im doing a table of elemts project and i need help finding stuff!!?
- Q: What is a penny made out of??What is a nickle made of??Is there any ingredients out of the elements in ink??If so what??What is made out of lead??[[Besides a pencil]]Any other help??Thanks!!<3http://www.bpc.edu/mathscience/chemistry/images/periodic_table_of_elements.jpgHeres the table of elements in using..If you can help me more...And yes,,,I no that lead is not in pencils...But alot of people say that it is!So im just saying besides so they dont tell me that//.
- A: The element lead is NOT in pencils. What is referred to as lead is actually graphite.
- IF YOU ARE REALLY GOOD AT ROCKS AND MINERALS.....What are these items made of, and are they rocks or minerals?
- Q: With the following items please A.say what they are made from B.Say if they are a rock or mineral C.say if it is an element also, a lot of things can be made from many different things, it doesn't matter which rock or mineral you choose as long as its a common one for that item. THANKS!!!!1.A Match2.DryWall3.Emery Board4.Pencil5.Salt6.Sink (can be any kind of sink)7.Pots and pans (Can be any kind)8.A penny9.A Tooth10.Siding of house11.gold ring12.Bricks13.Cement14.battery15.Salt lick for deer16.Iron Stove17.Foundation block18.drillbit19.jewerly20.monument (can be anything a momument is made of)21.Glass jars22.Forks knives spoons23.Taclum powder24.Wire25.Thermometer26.Root Beer27.Borax soap28.Film of camera29.plane30.Grave stone31.Capital building32.Building33.Glasses34.Sandstone statue
- A: hello kelsey I am an expert in IF YOU ARE REALLY GOOD AT ROCKS AND MINERALSThe answer is rock
Prev Question: How do you make a belly button piercing heal really fast
People also view