HOW MUCH ZINC SHOULD BE TAKEN TO HELP ACNE
Generally you use in the range of 30-100 mg a day. ChaCha like a rockstar! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much-zinc-should-be-taken-to-help-acne ]
More Answers to "HOW MUCH ZINC SHOULD BE TAKEN TO HELP ACNE"
- HOW MUCH ZINC SHOULD BE TAKEN TO HELP ACNE
- Generally you use in the range of 30-100 mg a day. ChaCha like a rockstar!
- Does Zinc really help Acne? And how much should I take daily for ...?
- Zinc is a mineral, which is very important for people with acne to remove acne from the skin. This mineral is very beneficial for growth; wound healing, sperm production and male reproduction system. It is important for the proper featuring...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does Zinc really help Acne? And how much should I take daily for teenager?
- Q: I'm 17 years old and my face has a lot of acnes. I'm feeling really bad about it. It causes me low self-esteem too. I'm starting to use Acne Treatment Kits (cleanser, toner, lotion) about 3 weeks. Well they do help but just a little bit about 40% and new breakouts still happen.Then I found one interesting article on the Internet about how Zinc can help me to treat and prevent acne. Questions:1. Is it true?2. How do I know how much should I take daily if I'm teenager? 3. What happened if I take too much zinc?
- A: Zinc is a mineral, which is very important for people with acne to remove acne from the skin. This mineral is very beneficial for growth; wound healing, sperm production and male reproduction system.It is important for the proper featuring of the hormone insulin and production of cellular DNA.Zinc acne treatment is very effective to reduce oil from the skin. It is also helpful to give birth to the new white blood cells and may protect the body from free radicals.Zinc comes in the form of Zinc gluconate or Zinc Sulfate to prevent acne. Zinc picolinate is also necessary for removing acne and it is the combination of an organic salt and zinc. Zinc acts similar to tetracycline for reducing acne from the skin of body.The food sources of zinc include seafood, poultry, nuts, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, fortified cereals, legumes etc. Wild yam, herbs eyebright, Alfalfa and hops are also contained this mineral. Sometimes, lack of zinc in body also develops acne on the skin’s surface. There are about 300 enzymes with this mineral in the human body. One has a weak immunity in case of having less amount of zinc. This mineral is very beneficial to fight against acne causing bacteria.There are various substances that deactivate and impair the zinc’s action in the human body. Zinc acne treatment is not able to treat acne from the body in case of absence of these substances. It is advisable that take this mineral in the diet because it does not create stomachache. People can take this mineral only along with zinc as a supplement.It gives amazing results when take it with other sources of food. People should take required quantity of zinc to treat acne. Egg yolks, soy lecithin, grains, etc contain zinc. There is no zinc in conventional farming method.Also take a look at the sites below.Treatments for acne can begin from your kitchen. There are several vegetables and fruits which can be used to cure acne.Most people are not convinced about the effectiveness of the homemade acne treatments. But if you check the ingredients of popular medicines for acne you will find that most of them consist of substances found in common vegetables and fruits. Acne is the result of the lack of vital vitamins like Vitamin E, Vitamin A and Pantothenic Acid. Deficiency in these vitamins leads to the growth of bacteria that clogs the skin oil. This in turn leads to acne. Most of the medicines try to replenish the essential vitamins, which can be easily got by filling your diet with vegetable and fruits containing those vitamins.Keeping the skin clean is an important part in the acne treatment. Cleaning the skin with lemon is an effective acne treatment. Lemon is used for several purposes mainly due to the presence of citric acid. The citric acid has several essential properties required to kill the harmful bacteria. Rub lemon on your skin before going to sleep and you will find a clear skin in the morning. Similarly, you can get rid of acne scars by applying tomato slice. Applying garlic on the spots is another effective homemade acne treatment. Mint juice also can remove skin lesions and scars.Other homemade acne treatments include applying the paste of orange peels. This paste cleans the skin and fights harmful bacteria. Application of raw papayas can also bring relief to acne. Daily application of tea tree oil, coconut oil, lavender oil and jojoba oil before bathing for an hour can reduce acne. Including large amount of fruits and vegetables in the diet and drinking lot of water are part of acne treatment.The success of homemade acne treatments depends on the dedication shown by the person. Simply rubbing lemon or tomato for a day will not cure acne. All home made acne treatments should be strictly followed for over a period of time.
- how much zinc should i take for my acne?
- Q: on acne.org i saw the rave reviews and i tryed it llvhttp://www.acne.org/zinc-reviews/200/page1.htmli got Zinc 30 mg supplments and i take one everyday,mostly in the afternoon after every meal,but i havent really seen results, so i want to know can i take one in the morning and one at night? is that ok? because this girl she took 3 10mg's at the same time tho! and she broke out like crazyyyyyyyyy!!! like she drank one after the other but i wanna know if i can only take 2 one every morning and one at night? :DDhelp plzzzzzzzzzz :D
- A: Try using Bentonite Clay, a natural mineral powder which has been known to absorb impurities and help neutralise the skin's oiliness, and can be found online. Mix 2 tablespoons with a dash of cold water and smooth over the face as a thick paste. Once dried gently wipe off with a flannel or sponge. Another way to zap pimples is shaving cream. Apply it to your pimple and it will dry it up. It disappears by morning, but washes your face after waking up. If nothing is working for you, drink four tablespoons of apple cider vinegar diluted with water daily. It works very well for some people and is worth a try. Another good solution is aloe Vera gel fresh from the plant, taken orally. You can also try taking a zinc tablet everyday. Mix some lemon juice and rose water in a small bowl and apply it on your pimples, ONLY YOUR PIMPLES, over night. It will burn a little. When you wake up in the morning, your pimples will reduce. Good Luck...
- zinc for acne? what's the best form?
- Q: i'm thinking of taking zinc supplements to help with my acne. i've tried a lot of things (proactive, differin, clean and clear, clinque, the list goes on) but nothing worked. i read that taking zinc supplements have helped a lot of people with their acne and i figured it was worth a try. i just had a couple of questions...1. has anyone tried it, and what were your results?2. what is the best form of zinc to take for helping acne?3. how much do you take?4. what else should i do/take to get the most effective results possible?any info is appreciated...especially people who have tried it. (please do not tell me to try other stuff because like i said, nothing else has worked.)
- A: I had acne very badly for many years. I got frustrated trying everything and they just did not work. I even had my face burnt up on one occasion when I tried a skin cleanse that was too harsh. So I gave up. It was not until I changed my diet and started taking supplements, that my skin got all cleaned. Here are some information about acne that you'll find very useful.Acne is an inflammatory skin disorder. Acne is more common in males because androgens (male sex hormones) like testosterone, stimulates the production of keratin and sebum, which leads to clogged pores. During puberty, androgens increase in both sexes, making girls in this age group more susceptible as well. Acne flares up, in older women are also prompted by the release of progesterone after ovulation.The sebaceous glands, located in each hair follicle or tiny pit of skin, produce oil that lubricates the skin. These are found in large number on the face, shoulders, back and chest. If some of the oil becomes trapped, bacteria multiply in the follicle and the skin becomes inflamed. Acne is not caused by dirty pores, but most likely by overactive oil glands; the excess oil makes the pores sticky, allowing bacteria to become trapped inside.The exact cause of acne is not known, but factors that contribute to the condition include heredity, oily skin, use of cosmetics, over consumption of drunk foods, nutritional deficiencies, exposure to industrial pollutants, monthly menstrual cycles, and over washing or repeated rubbing of the skin.The skin is the largest organ of the body. One of its functions is to eliminate a portion of the body’s toxic waste products through sweating. If the body contains more toxins than the kidneys and liver can effectively discharge, the skin takes over. As toxins escape through the skin, they disrupt the skin’s healthy integrity. This is the key factor behind many skin disorders, including acne.The skin also breathes. If the pores become clogged, the microbes that are involved in causing acne flourish because they are protected against the bacteriostatic action of sunshine. Dirt, dust, oils and grime from pollution clog the pores, but this can be eliminated by washing the skin properly. Eat a lot of all kinds of fruits and vegetables. Eat a diet that is high in fiber. This is important for keeping the colon clean and ridding the body of toxins. Raw cabbage is excellent to improve the elimination process of the colon. Increase your intake of raw foods inclusive of almonds, beets, and cashews. Eat more foods rich in zinc including shellfish, soy beans whole grains, sunflower seeds, and raw nuts daily.Eat plenty of soured products such as yogurt to maintain healthy intestinal flora. Reduce your intake of sweets. As much as possible avoid stress. Stress can promote hormonal changes and cause flare-ups. Many dermatologists also recommend fifteen minutes of sunshine each day, regular exercise, and sufficient sleep for people with acne.Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day. Wash your face with a soft soapy bath rag twice per day.
Prev Question: How do you get the calcium spots off your nails
People also view