Do women get acne during their period
Yes, some women experience breakouts when that time of the month comes around. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-women-get-acne-during-their-period ]
More Answers to "Do women get acne during their period"
- Do women get acne during their period
- Yes, some women experience breakouts when that time of the month comes around. ChaCha!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- No period after stopping birth control?
- Q: PLEASE...NO RUDE COMMENTS OR ANSWERS FROM PEOPLE THAT HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.Recently I saw a TV show on Discovery Health called "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" so I have grown more and more concerned. I don't know if anyone else has seen this before.Let me start out by saying that I took birth control pills (Yasmin) for 3 years straight before all of this happened. I was actually put on it by a dermatologist because I always complained about my face breaking out. I did not have what I would consider acne at all, but I would get blemishes that were deep down and were painful, although they usually were not noticeable unless I picked at them. Also, prior to starting birth control my periods were pretty irregular and there were always different amounts of times between periods. I ALWAYS took my pills every night before bed...never missed them. I also have used a condom every single time (and I've only ever been with 1 guy who I have dated for a really long time)...so I don't see how this would even be possible. SO HERE IS MY MAIN QUESTION...HAS ANYONE GONE SEVERAL MONTHS WITHOUT HAVING A PERIOD AFTER STOPPING BC, AND IF SO HOW LONG, WHAT KIND WERE YOU ON, ETC.? Anyway...during the second to last week of August I had my period begin on a Wednesday and it lasted 5 days as usual. I began my new pack of pills that Sunday and had sex 3 and 4 days later, also using a condom and my guy pulling out before. I was hospitalized that next Monday for a week due to gallbladder and pancreatic issues. The doctors there told me to stop taking my birth control when I was discharged because my tryglycerides were very high and this was very likely caused by the B.C. because of my age. So I stopped 2 weeks into the pack and 3 or 4 days later had my full, normal "withdraw" period that I had always had every month for 3 years while on the pill. Well, basically I have not had my period since then and had not had sex. Several weeks later I took 2 tests because I was freaked out but they were both negative. I had read and heard a lot about periods stopping after going off birth control because your hormones and body get messed up...but this has now been 4 months and I don't know what is going on. I do not have symptoms such as morning sickness, noticable weight gain, etc. I have spotted a few times for either just 1 day or 3 to 4 days sort of around the time when I could expect to have my period, but it was never enough (except for 1 time during 1 day) to fill up a tampon. All the other times when I removed one, there was hardly anything on it. This has ranged from dark brown discharge the first time to bright red.Then, on 10/31 I took another test and it also said negative. So then my guy and I had sex on 11/2 and 11/3 with a condom and he pulled out again. Still no periods, and I took another home test about a week and a half or two weeks ago...still negative. But why am I going this long without a period? Like I said, my periods were irregular before starting the pill but I am just concerned that it hasn't started back up. I have on a few occasions gotten cramping like I am about to start my period, but then I don't (except for those couple instances of spotting which I last had around 11/13-11/15...and at 12/22 I haven't had any spotting or bleeding to indicate a possible 'period' or resemblance of one).I saw an endocrinologist about the triglicerides and pancreas and gallbladder. She asked me if my periods were regular. I told her that they never were before I went on B.C., so no. And I complained again about my facing breaking out since being told to go off the pill. She said because of my triglicerides skyrocketing and causing my other health issues due to the estrogen in the B.C. that I probably could never use hormonal contraceptives again because its dangerous. She said that typically women who have their faces break out and have irregular periods have those problems because their testosterone levels are a bit higher than normal...which after doing bloodwork was confirmed. She said we would try to boost my estrogen slightly or decrease the testosterone slightly with meds...but she did not want to do that yet because I was being started on a medication to help lower the triglycerides and she wanted to see how that worked.I am just scared after seeing that show about the women who didn't know they were pregnant and didn't have any symptoms until they ended up in the e.r. in severe pain, in labor, and delivered babies. I am only 21.Any information, insight, answers, experiences, etc. you could give me? I'd really appreciate it.I mean, did I do something wrong when taking the tests to give me a false negative...or do any of my medications or something cause me to get 4 false negatives over a couple of months?!
- A: it could be a variety of the health problems you listed, as well as stopping the pill. go see a doctor. good luck!
- Smyptoms of pcos?
- Q: I am 18 years old, and up until recently my periods have usually been pretty regular. My last period was 2 weeks ago and I spotted for a couple days before it really began. Then yesterday I got my period again, which means that I am 2 weeks earlier. I usually have a 28 day cycle. I am overweight, and have been for most of my life, it is quite difficult to lose weight and keep it off. I get really bad cramps on my second day of my cycle and that is all. I start to break out really horribly the week or so before my period and continue to do so until it is done. I know women with pcos usually have a problem with acne all the time, not just during their period, but i was wondering if this is the developing stages or if something else is going on? I do have hair on my chest and stomach, but i wouldnt call it an unnatural amount, it is a bit darker tho. I also have stretch marks but i always thought it was because of the weight. I am worried, please let me know what you think...
- A: Only a doc can tell you for sure---and as you're 18, you should be seeing a GYN regularly anyway, right? :)I've just been diagnosed with PCOS (was having irregular cycles, but mine went from 30-35 day averages to 17-20 days suddenly, too). I've never had acne, but the darker facial hair developed over the last year or so, so it seems to "develop" as a syndrome, yeah. If you've really been struggling with the weight, you might want to get checked anyway. PCOS can be part of the cause. If nothing else, it puts your mind at ease. I'm not happy with the diagnosis, but it's better than wondering what the heck is going wrong.
- Looking for answers about Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome?!?!?!?
- Q: Member since: September 14, 2007 Total points: 86 (Level 1) Points earned this week: --% Best answer Emily CS Looking for some answers for PCOS?!?!?!?!?!?I'm wondering if anyone has had these details with PCOS and looking for a support grop that works.I just found out a week ago that I have PCOD, although like many of you I've been trying to tell my doctor for a few months now that I have this due to my research and in the past had told doctors that my hormones were messed up due to never having any acne until I was 17 (only on my chin and sides of mouth) and messed up periods after going off birth control....for awhile I just thought my body was messed up from being on the pill because the first time I went off when I was 18 I didn't have my period for 4 months. My doctor told me that was normal even though I had only been on the pill for about 8 months and that some women do not get their period for a year after going off...anyway he put my back on and things went back to normal until a year ago when I went off after getting married to try and conceive. We have been trying now for about 7 months...because I was told by some to wait until my periods were normal and they never were...I'm pretty sure that I've only had one "normal" period since then the others were all very short and light happening about every 31-48 days. This has been my longest cycle ( my last period was June 1) so my doctor has put me on ratio-mpa and next week I start metformin. I also have been going to nat path who thought too that I had PCOD. I tried Vitex a nat. herb to try and reg. my periods although that didn't work. I did find through her though that sugar and dairy seem to make acne worse. I hardly have any dairy now and when I have sugar I try to only have natural ones like honey and golden cane in sm doses. A lot of dressings and that you can get from nat. food stores without sugar. I have rice milk or almond milk too instead of cows...I never knew that they inject hormones into cows. For symptoms...I have only gained about 15 lbs since I was 17/18 I'm not overweight because I am pretty active although this is considered chubby for me in my frame. I can't loose weight for the life of me unless I pretty much don't eat any carbs and do high intense cardio which isn't worth the burnout that my body goes through. lets just say during the summer I played soccer 2 times a week (running in midfield for 80 mins a game), watched everything that went into my mouth, went to the gym 2-3 times a week for an hour at a time and walked/ did videos for a couple times a week and my weight didn't move...so I wore the biggest sizes that I've ever worn as bridesmaid dresses in 2 weddings. I have thin hair on my forehead on the sides and tend to loose hair through washing. I have pimple year around on my chin and sides of mouth but I';m able to control them with specto gel and not eating sugar and dairy ( before used prescription clinodoxyl gel). I get pimples from sports on my chest and back sometimes in the summer and use a body wash for pimples and get my husband to put tea tree oil on these which helps. I have irr. periods and PMS symptoms that last about 2 weeks before each period. When I wen't off of the pill I was having panic attacks for the first time in my life about nothing. I also have blonde hair above my upper lip...thabnk god I'm a blonde, but there is more hair there then any of my g/f's. Nothing showed up in my blood work although I have multiple cysts on my ovaries that showed up in m,y ultrasound. It is okay to share this. I am going to see my family doc in a month and my nat. path doc. whenever I get my next period. I will keep you posted...I'm planning on asking my nat. doc about herbs etc that can help with later comp. that occur with this such as heart problems and diabetes also about cinnamon. Emily c
- A: I have PCOS, but a good site where you can go to get even more information about PCOS and support groups in your area is at: http://www.pcosupport.orgAlso, cinnamon is great for those who are Diabetic when it comes to helping to try and control their sugars.
Prev Question: Can the depo shot cause acne
People also view