When you miss your period and find out your pregnant, can you at that time take the morning after pill
If you find out you are pregnant you cannot take the morning after pill. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/when-you-miss-your-period-and-find-out-your-pregnant%2C-can-you-at-that-time-take-the-morning-after-pill ]
More Answers to "When you miss your period and find out your pregnant, can you at that time take the morning after pill"
- When you miss your period and find out your pregnant, can you at ...?
- If you find out you are pregnant you cannot take the morning after pill.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- When should I expect my period after only one month on a low-dose birth control pill? Could I be pregnant?
- Q: I'm sorry if this long entry confuses anyone, but I am trying to be as detailed as possible. I am also posting this in the pregnancy forum because I imagine that there could be a small chance of pregnancy in my situation.I was on OrthoTricyclen Lo for one month. I started taking the pill on 12-7-2008 and completed that packet, but I did NOT start taking the second pack. While on the pill, I spotted a couple times, but I figured that this was because my body was getting used to the hormones, as I had NEVER taken any form of artificial hormones up until that point. I started my period on either December 23 or 24, and it lasted until about January 1 or 2. It was somewhat of a heavy flow, but once again, I attributed that to the fact that this was my first time ever taking artificial hormones. Also, I did miss the two pills on December 21 and 22, but I made up for that by taking two pills on December 23 and 24th.I was due to resume my second packet of pills on January 4, but I have not taken any pills since the two that I took on December 24. Theoretically, had I taken this packet, I would be on the placebo pills this week, meaning that I would be on my period right now. I did not continue taking the pill because I decided that I no longer wanted to be on the pill since I found it to be a hassle and learned that they don‘t allow you to have “real periods,” but you have withdrawal bleeding instead. I’ve simply decided that I would rather stick to using condoms and spermicide.When I was first prescribed the pill, I was told that most women menstruate shortly after stopping the pill (some even sooner than expected), but sometimes it can take up to three months. I assume that this goes for women who have been on the pill for a substantial amount of time, as I originally told my doctor that I planned to be on the pill for a while. I don’t understand how a low-dose pill would be able to screw up my menstrual cycle after only one month of use, especially since my menstrual cycles have been fairly regular since I started it when I was 9, and I am now 23.I have not had any heavy vaginal bleeding since my period ended. I had protected sex on January 24 (Saturday), and on Sunday, when I wiped after using the bathroom, there was a huge GLOB of whitish-almost slightly pinkish/greenish mucus on the toilet paper. It was gigantic, almost as big as a quarter in diameter. There was a tiny reddish-brownish streak of blood in the middle of it. On January 27 (Tuesday), I wiped once that day and some of my mucus was slightly pink. Since then, I have had no form of bleeding or spotting whatsoever.At first, I was told that after one week of regular pill usage, I’d be able to have unprotected sex, but I have since heard that it takes at least one packet of pills to build up enough hormones in your body for the pill to be truly effective. I don’t know what to believe. I did have unprotected sex a couple times while I was on the pill. Before the last couple days, I took the pill perfectly -- I never missed a dose, and I took every one at 9 pm exactly. I did have unprotected sex a couple days before missing those two pills, but I don’t really think I could be pregnant because I have not had any early pregnancy symptoms, such as morning sickness. Since stopping the pill, I have not had unprotected sex.So, in summary, here are my basic questions:1. Has anyone out there ever been in a similar situation? If so, how did it turn out? Any advice or thoughts?2. How long would it normally take someone who was on a low dose pill for one month to get their period after stopping the pill?3. What could the light spotting and extra mucus discharge this week possibly be due to?4. I have not taken a pregnancy test yet, but I may soon. Is there seriously a small chance that I may be pregnant through all this? Has anyone out there ever had something similar happen to them?Thanks in advance for any help or answers!
- A: Stop wasting our time and go take a dang test.
- Do you ovulate immediately after your skipped pill?
- Q: ....or does it take a while for the hormones to leave your body at that point?...My pill's a pretty strong one just FYI. I missed Friday and Saturday's pill but remembered early Sunday morning. I'm going to ask my doctor soon but until I can, I just want to put my mind at ease. Could I have ovulated when I missed my pills? I'm thinking of taking an ovulation test today so I'll find out soon. I'm just wondering how likely it is that I could be pregnant. I had unprotected sex when I totally forgot about my pills. Should I just go ahead and take the ovulation test as well as Plan B?By the way, it's the type of pill where you only have periods 3 of 4 times a year so there's no way I could predict when I ovulate unless I take a test...
- A: You can get your period by missing even just one pill. I am a very sensitive person to birth control, and sometimes depending on the pill I was on, if I missed taking my pill even by 3 hours I would get my period the next day. As far as ovulating, it's very hard to tell with the pill that you are on (i'm on same pill and I wouldnt know when) I'm guessing you don't want to be pregnant and are hoping youre not. You are most likely not pregnant. If you were really worried, you could go to the store and buy an over the counter "Morning after pill," it's called "Plan B." I'm not sure where you live or your age but if you are in U.S. and 17 or older you can buy it at your local drug store with ID. It is effective if taken within 5 days but most effective if taken within 3 days of unprotected sex. Seeing how it is Columbus Day, (if youre in the U.S.) your dr or family planning clinic may not be open. You still have time to wait if you want to talk to your doctor before taking Plan B, however it works best if you take it within 3 days of unprotected sex.You can find more info here: http://health.yahoo.com/other-other/levonorgestrel-emergency-contraceptive/healthwise--d00557n1.html
- i really need help... pregnancy/boy/eating disorder problems!!?
- Q: this is really long but i need to talk to someone as i can't speak to anyone else.i'm 18 years old and i'm seeing a guy who is 22 - 23 in july. we have a weird sort of relationship - i'm still at school and he's at university, so we see each other every couple of weeks. he's had a tough upbringing - he's been in care for most of his life and the government pay for all of his university fees and extra costs, so he has a lot of money for someone his age.i'm so so scared at the moment. the first time i visited his university properly we had unprotected sex and i took the morning after pill in less than 13 hours after, which is the best time to take it. i also had a normal, if not slightly heavier, period. i went for a swab test (which was weird as i've never had one before, i've only lost my virginity to one other person and he is the only other person i have had sex with and would consider to be my first proper sexual partner) - the test came back negative, and i told myself i would be more careful.the next time, we had unprotected sex - again. i felt so stupid and i didn't want to but he like forced himself into me and made me feel like i had to. he's so immature in those type of situations - if he doesn't get his own way, he becomes moody and treats me like shit.i'm not saying it was rape but i took the morning after pill as quickly as i could again. the problem is, i don't think the pill worked this time, although it is meant to be up to 98% effective if taken within 12 hours.i'm actually quite scared of him, because he can get quite agressive with me. he said stuff like, "do you know how easy it would be for me to split your head in half?" and even found it funny at the fact i could be pregnant. he gets so possessive of me as well - i am starting out as a model and instead of being supportive, he just sees it as a way for guys to sleep with me. he bought me a dress but told me i could only wear it out shopping, not for going out in the evening or in front of other guys.i saw him the weekend that just happened and told him point blank that we were NOT having sex without a condom. he took it off and said he couldn't feel anything without it. he promised me that i wouldn't get pregnant but i'm not stupid. again, i'm not going to say i'm the innocent one here because there were a few times that i consented to having sex without a condom. when i tried waking him up in the morning (as i was going to miss my train) he slapped me in the face and punched me in my thigh twice. he said he'd break my nose if i annoyed him anymore. for some reason, I was made to feel bad in the whole situation. he can be so sweet sometimes and buys me what i want.during the past couple of weeks i have been craving sugary foods and will eat so much chocolate. this makes me feel so guilty because i suffer from anorexia but i can't help myself - it's like i need it! on saturday i was getting stomach cramps the whole time and i only had light spotting, perhaps a really light period, after taking the pill. i remember sitting in burger king at the train station and wanting to throw up if i looked at any of the food. i also feel so fat and bloated, but i don't know if that's because i've been drinking lots of water.if i am pregnant, i really can't have the baby. i'm meant to be going to university in september and i can barely look after myself, let alone a child. i also don't want to have a child with a guy who treats me like shit. if i don't eat the correct nutrients, the baby could be deformed. in normal circumstances i would be against abortion, but i think it's my only option.can i have your thoughts? x
- A: "if he doesn't get his own way, he becomes moody and treats me like ****." WARNING SIGN!! OMG WOW!!"he slapped me in the face and punched me in my thigh twice. he said he'd break my nose if i annoyed him anymore." AND YOU DIDNT WALK AWAY FOR GOOD?!?!?!"if i am pregnant, i really can't have the baby. i'm meant to be going to university in september and i can barely look after myself, let alone a child. i also don't want to have a child with a guy who treats me like ****. " MAYBE YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT THIS BEFORE EVEN HAVING SEX?!? why do you like him? because hes older?in colege?um....wake up girl!!!! WALK AWAY!!! AND IF YOU ARE PREGNANT MORNING AFTER PILLS ARE NOT A FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL!! ITS ACTUALLY REALLY UNHEALTHY TO TAKE THOSE.. AND YOU ARE KILLING A LIFE!!!! I AM NOT A RELGIOUS FREAK BUT I COULD NEVER KILL MY BABY!! stop being immautre , stop making bad decisons and walk away from this jerk now!!!also, learn to live with what you have done! if you had unprotected sex and cant live with the consiquences than you should not be having sex at allEDIT-i read some of ypour other questions and it seems you have alot of issues with who you are. i think maybe you need to stop sleeping with people and stop putting your body and your mind thorugh so much abuse. all these issues are your own fault and there is nothing wrong with some extra weight. also looking at your profile you mentioned some things like you like " diamonds, money, tanning..." all show you lack any real common sense. tanning will kill you. all those pills u take will kill you. your eating disorder will kill you....you need to slow down and work on yourself. good luck
Prev Question: Can the prescription drug vicadin harm an unborn child if the mother has ingested them during the first month of pregnancy
People also view