When are girls most fertile to get pregnant
Ovulation occurs at about the fourteenth day of their menstrual cycle, this obviously being the most fertile time for females. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/when-are-girls-most-fertile-to-get-pregnant ]
More Answers to "When are girls most fertile to get pregnant"
- Can a girl get pregnant 16 days before her period starts and when...?
- Getting Pregnant Basically, any girl who has sex can get pregnant any time she has sex. There are days when a girl is more fertile than others, but it would be a bad idea to try to guess when those days might be. People do use a form of bir...
- What is the best way to get pregnant if the girl is not very fert...?
- It is best to have intercourse in the fertile window of opportunity starting at a bout 2-3 days before ovulation.ChaCha!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- When is a girls most fertile period during the month?
- Q: Is there a difference or a bigger or smaller risk of getting pregnant if you have sex during your period, days after, weeks after you've gotten your period, or when you're about to get it?When is a girls most fertile time of the month or whatever?Can someone explain all?
- A: it would be best like right after yuur period
- My daughter asked me when is a girl at her most fertile most likly to get pregnant during her cycle ?
- Q: just wanted to make sure what I told her was right, I told her that its the week before & two weeks after. But to be safe as u could in practise get pregnant any time u should use birth control unless ur trying for a baby.
- A: As you are a parent don't you not already know this? A girl/woman can only get pregnant when she is fertile, this is the day of ovulation which is between days 12-16 of her menstrual cycle and the days prior to ovulation when fertile quality cervical mucus is present - this is what protects the sperm against the acidic environment of the vagina and help it reach the egg (sperm can live up to 5 days in fertile quality cervical mucus). The only way a girl/woman can know when she is fertile is if she is using something similar to fertility awareness method [FAM] (highly reliable birth control/contraception aid) - but please don't fall into the trap of telling her a girl can get pregnant at any time of the month, it's simply not true, any time she has sex she can get pregnant unless using birth control as without using something like FAM she cannot know when she is fertile.If you don't know this then you are LONG past due for learning, please before trying to educate your daughter on sex educate yourself first.Here are some web sites to help you and her learn;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cycle http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/get_with_the_flow_all_about_famhttp://natracare.com/help_for_schools/matrix.htmhttp://www.tcoyf.com/library/primer001.asphttp://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/girls/female_repro.htmlhttp://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advice/facts/menstruation_cycle.htmhttp://www.womenshealthlondon.org.uk/leaflets/cycle/cycle.html
- When is a girl most fertile?
- Q: My last period ended on the 28 & Say I was to get it this month on the 26 which day or week in between would I be most fertile ( Im trying not to get pregnant )
- A: The chances of successful conception are higher when you know your fertile period. The fertile period of a woman is determined by analyzing her menstrual cycle. Normally, the cycle is a 28-day cycle. During the 14th day after a period, the ovum is released. This process is called ovulation and the days 12 to 16 days after a period are said to be a woman's most fertile period.Knowing When You Are Most FertileCouples have certain methods by which they may estimate the fertile period of woman. They may try the following.Calculation Using An ovulation Calendar: The first day of a period is considered as day 1. Usually on day 14, the egg is released and is waiting for the sperm to fertilize it. The egg has a lifespan of just 12 to 24 hours whereas a sperm can last for about 72 hours in a woman. Sex on day 12 and day 16 is important as it is the time that the woman has the highest chances for pregnancy.Measuring The Basal Temperature: The temperature of a woman rises by 0.5 to 1.5 degrees during ovulation. A basal body temperature is recorded each day of a month for a certain period to determine when the woman's most fertile period is.Cervix Mucous Method: The cervical mucous appears clear, stretchy and like egg white in consistency during ovulation. This is a clear sign that the woman is ovulating. There are days when the cervix is dry, days when the mucous is sticky and cloudy, but most favorable are days when it is wet, when the mucous is clear and stretchy.Physical Examination Of The Cervix: Some couples examine the cervix physically, as the cervix appears to be open during ovulation and closed at other times.Urine/ Saliva Ovulation Predictor Kits: The kits analyze the urine/saliva and give a hint as to the fertile period of the woman. Some people rely on the urine test, whereas some prefer the saliva test.Physical Signs: Certain women have a dull ache in the lower abdomen during ovulation which may last just a few seconds to a few hours. This may be an excellent clue to determining the woman's most fertile period. Some women have spotting during ovulation, making it easier to know when the fertile period of the woman is.When the couples figure out the fertile period of the woman, they may go ahead with pre pregnancy planning and increase the chances of conceiving when they want to. They use this method to not get pregnant during the planning stage. There are factors that affect fertility such as obesity, health of the couple, the stress that they may have etc.Many couples do not know much about the fertile period of the woman and so do not have sex during the days when it is most likely to lead to successful conception. It will help couples wanting to have a baby, to read as much as they can, consult a physician and make love at the right time.Age plays a role in determining the fertile period of the woman; older women are less fertile than younger women. Having an ideal body weight, staying away from teratogens, eating nutritious well balanced meals, adopting life style changes and making love during the fertile period of the woman will definitely increase your chances for a conception.Awareness about fertile period rather most fertile period of a woman can help in the efforts of getting pregnant. Ovulation calendars also play an important role in pregnancy planning. Read more articles related to fertility, conception and pregnancy on Pregnancy-Period.ComHope this Helps?
Prev Question: If you are due in August, how many months are you pregnant
People also view