What can I take for headaches while I am pregnant
For a headache during pregnancy, it is safe to take Tylenol or acetaminophen. Contact your doctor for correct dosages. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can-i-take-for-headaches-while-i-am-pregnant ]
More Answers to "What can I take for headaches while I am pregnant"
- Most women are told to only take tylenol for a headache while pregnant. Now some doctors are stating that taking one aspirin or ibuprofen "once" in awhile during weeks 8 to 32 would be consider safe. As long as it is not a daily d...
- ･ Sometimes headaches are brought on by tension. If you are suffering from a tension headache during pregnancy... ･ Pregnancy causes the body to move and shift. The pregnant woman's center of gravity changes, and there... ･ If all else fail...
- Tylenol (acetaminophen) is the only OTC pain reliever medication that is approved for use during pregnancy. Your doctor will most likely prescribe you something that he/she feels is safe during pregnancy if the headaches are disabling and...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what can i take for a headache while pregnant?
- Q: I am 6w 1d pregnant and have a really bad headache ever since i have woke up this morning. I went to my family dr yesterday and it was comfirmed but have not went to my OB yet. What can i take for this headache?
- A: Tylenol
- what kind of medications can i take for constant headaches while im 3 months pregnant ?
- Q: i am a pre-clinical nursing major and havent gotten to that part of my curriculumn and i have and idea of what to take maybe aspirin, i just dont want to take anything that may cause damage to my unborn baby. i thought about motrin tablets, but i know that these are stronger than tyleno, is there any serious people who can offer any suggestions, thank you.
- A: First of all, just a correction, ibuprofen is fine to take early on during pregnancy and not the other way around (ie. can be taken after 24 wks). It is actually contraindicated in the 3rd trimester. Tylenol is ok during pregnancy. The only thing is taking tylenol regularly for headaches actually causes rebound headaches that's going to be worse than the original headaches. You should really talk to your doctor and find out why you are having chronic headaches. Headaches are just symptoms, there's usually an underlying cause.
- What kind of pain relieving pills can i take while pregnant?
- Q: i am about 5 week pregant with a relly bad headache what is the best time to take to make it go away thanks for your time
- A: you can take Motrin but ONLY up until around 25 weeks... if you have any inflammation, then it's a good choice. However, Tylenol can be taken ANY time. Just know that ANY medicine can potentially be harmful to your baby.
Prev Question: What does it mean when a girl discharges white stuff, is she pregnant
People also view